U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 07:22 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,887,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
they are connected by many ways, land, highways, trains... and the point i was making about advanced technology - wi-fi/internet, airplanes, smart phones, television.

Okay, what is so unique about the Pacific Northwest.
Ok fair enough but when somewhere is 3,000 miles away the people do begin to diverge.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,494,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
And what side am I picking?
I'm gonna assume not me with the "get a life" post.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,887,062 times
Quote:
I don't think Toronto should join the US at all the mindsets are different. Politics are very canadian-like.

Vancouver is similar to the PNW of the US
Well its nothing like Canadian places i've been to like Winnipeg.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:28 PM

125 posts, read 143,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
That's what I don't understand, why take it personally? I am from Berkeley California, a city people love to hate. They call us "Bizerkley" and California is trashed constantly. Beyond correcting things that are false, it's not a personal attack on me. I can understand completely why someone may not like my home town and home state but as long as the reasons are accurate, oh well.

Ah, gotcha.
There isn't enough time in the day to correct all of the things that are falsely and widely believed on this board and in real life.

I've never heard that about Berkeley or California being trashed, but I'm from NYC and I might have been sheleted from those opinions. Strangely, most Americans seem to hate NYC and foreigners love it, but foreigners hate the USA. People's opinions of NYC mean nothing to me regardless of whether it's negative or positive. But the negative stereotyping about American people is pervasive and grating when you have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:33 PM

14,870 posts, read 19,494,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerz View Post
You've got a point with gun crime. Otherwise, cut down on the TV.
We are not allowed to respond, we need to accept everything they say about us.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:53 PM

125 posts, read 143,996 times
I'd bet anything that the people saying "don't take it personally" would not like it if I chose to be a knob and be obnoxious to people from other countries for the fun of it.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:05 PM

16,559 posts, read 24,622,971 times
Quote:
This article seems understandable Splitting Apart the United States | More Right
Now, I will first point out that there is a lot of hype and buzzwords in that piece. For example, there is no "secession fever". There are small movements, maybe not as small is those who dismiss it claim but there isn't a fever yet.

Where would the line be for Northern and Southern California? Even within the state now, there is disagreement as to where it is. If a split were to happen, political divisions would only be part of it. Firstly, in a political sense, Idaho does not at all belong in Cascadia! With that being said, even eastern Washington and Oregon don't belong with the western portions of those states. Cascadia supporters generally consider it a bioregion as far as natural boundaries are concerned and this puts Cascadia into conflict with California as far Northern CA is part of that. Californians would insist that current borders be recognized. I am not against a split, I just don't see it the way blogs such as this one seem to suggest it. These differences are likely what will keep a split from happening any time too soon.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:09 PM

16,559 posts, read 24,622,971 times
Quote:
they are connected by many ways, land, highways, trains... and the point i was making about advanced technology - wi-fi/internet, airplanes, smart phones, television.

Okay, what is so unique about the Pacific Northwest.
Man, do your own research ok? All you will do is ask the same questions then deny anything that's presented to you anyway and I don't have time to waste with you like that.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,079 posts, read 47,339,453 times
Quote:
I don't think Toronto should join the US at all the mindsets are different. Politics are very canadian-like.

Vancouver is similar to the PNW of the US
Yep, its alcoholic crack-smoking mayor is a great example of its Canadian mindset.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:20 PM

3,047 posts, read 1,180,609 times
Quote:
Okay fine, i apologize Luciano... i accept everything you say and i have no reason to be defensive by your post.
actually I love America is the peoples attitude I hate sure there are nice,open-minded,thin,anti-racist and gay-supporting Americans but there is also racist,unhealthy,fat,rude,homophobic,prudish,gun-loving and uneducated Americans.the negative ones are the ones I blame for anti Americanism sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.