Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 06:59 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No its not, we've been a country ever since 1776.

The only way the rural south is dragging us down is by statistics and rankings.. telling a region to leave because they are dragging us down would not fly well with most here. sorry but we are going to be "United" for a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I'll entertain this idea. What are your reasons for this opinion?
*The USA is to big
*The massive polarisation of "conservatives" and "liberals" is ridiculous
*Massive populations, if split the two (or three, four) could be more manageable which may lead to improve the lives of citizens.
*Stronger cultures if the country were to split, more of a unique national identity to export to the world.
*Less negative global opinion.

I'd say split the country between the liberal states and conservative states.

So I'm guessing Southern American States.

Northern American States

I just for the sake of it make cascadia and New England countries...

Old 11-08-2014, 06:59 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
well enjoy homophobicness,racism,gun crime and corruption.don't even bother proving other countries are worse like always.
peace
I'm not obsessed with other countries the way you people are obsessed with America.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:00 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,994 times
Quote:
Obama can't get elected again, I'm talking about congress.
Phew!

Old 11-08-2014, 07:03 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Quote:
I'm not obsessed with other countries the way you people are obsessed with America.
Ever since I've joined this site you have had issues when people comment on the USA.

Get a life you are not literally "America" you are a human being, if people want to "bad" the US let them it doesn't effect your life.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:03 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,205,892 times
Quote:
I don't think I follow you.
Just a few things I disliked about fl.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
What regions are disconnected from the rest? with advanced technology we seem to grow closer together.

Are you talking about over hyped political division between republicans and democrats?
The west and east are not connected. How can they be..

Old 11-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

*The USA is to big
*Massive populations, if split the two (or three, four) could be more manageable which may lead to improve the lives of citizens.
*Stronger cultures if the country were to split, more of a unique national identity to export to the world.

Northern American States

No that would not work what about Florida.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:06 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
What regions are disconnected from the rest? with advanced technology we seem to grow closer together.

Are you talking about over hyped political division between republicans and democrats?
You really don't recognize it do you? Like you're totally serious?

The political divisions are only part of it. They are a result of cultural differences rather than the other way around. Spend some time (actual time, visiting doesn't count) in the Pacific Northwest for example and you will know how disconnected it really is. If the political strife can be over hyped than equally, I think the regional differences are "under hyped". this makes sense as every nation on earth wants to present a unified image to both it's populace and the world. Modern technology has only slowed the process, maybe. That same technology however can be used to speed it up as well.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:09 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

*The USA is to big

Northern American States

You could not split on political lines. Take the liberal states for example, they are not all the same. New England and the Pacific Northwest are both pretty liberal but the similarity stops there. Texas is a different kind of conservative than Georgia.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:10 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,994 times
In so far as North America goes, I love the wide open spaces and the sheer scope of the landmass and the magnificence and splendor of it all - particularly the West. If I had my way there would be no borders and segmentations in this world, except for private land ownership, where every man could have his own vine and fig tree, as was intended. (We ALL need space. The Rumblefish scenario is never pretty.) I'd love to throw away my passport and be allowed to wander free on God's Earth. Borders don't seem natural to me.

RT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World