Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 04:04 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,484,994 times

Advertisements

Love to see the empirical data that proves that 'Everyone hates Americans,' and I don't have a dog in this race - I'm Scots - born and bred.

Seems to me it would take an idiot to blithely say that they 'hate' 340 million people, most of whom they haven't met.

JMHO. YMMV.

Mahrie.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:08 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
1000 posts? Seriously, how is this thread still going?

Old 11-20-2014, 04:27 AM

Hate's big business, foadi; it's right up there with fear. If you can't coerce the public into fearing and hating, peace might even break out (as opposed to war), and peace isn't good for the economy.

(Right now, think about the Ferguson riots.)

RT.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:49 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,280,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Hate's big business, foadi; it's right up there with fear. If you can't coerce the public into fearing and hating, peace might even break out (as opposed to war), and peace isn't good for the economy.

(Right now, think about the Ferguson riots.)

RT.
Gone are the days WAR is good for the economy..... it divides politically, it does not trickle down to manufacturing but for those who manufacture the weapons and few that support them and the military is always there now. THINK DEDICIT<<< Only maybe a ww3 would fully unite and lesson our other issues for survival and no one wants that??? None of us might make it?

Old 11-20-2014, 06:41 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,539 times
Quote:
Love to see the empirical data that proves that 'Everyone hates Americans,' and I don't have a dog in this race - I'm Scots - born and bred.

Seems to me it would take an idiot to blithely say that they 'hate' 340 million people, most of whom they haven't met.

JMHO. YMMV.

Mahrie.
British are known to be America's dearest friends You also share their language etc.

They should stop starting wars and stop spying. Maybe that would help

Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
British are known to be America's dearest friends You also share their language etc.

They should stop starting wars and stop spying. Maybe that would help

Well, I'm in favor of the cessation of all wars, Majurius, but for the record, Highland Scots don't share the language of the Sassenachs (English). We speak Gaelic. Can't say I've met a Scots spy yet, although we've had our share of them throughout history - mostly spying on the English and Romans - to keep them on their side of the walls, you understand.

pʲanˠəxks! (Blessings.)

Mahrie.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Gone are the days WAR is good for the economy..... it divides politically, it does not trickle down to manufacturing but for those who manufacture the weapons and few that support them and the military is always there now. THINK DEDICIT<<< Only maybe a ww3 would fully unite and lesson our other issues for survival and no one wants that??? None of us might make it?

War is always good for the economy; perhaps not the U.S. economy at this point in history, but even this mini conversation is making money for the real warmongers - who have their own, centuries old, political agenda.

We're already engaged in WW111, albeit at the beginning stages, but humankind will not become extinct. There are too many safeguards in place for that to happen.

Mahrie.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:19 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
War is always good for the economy; perhaps not the U.S. economy at this point in history, but even this mini conversation is making money for the real warmongers - who have their own, centuries old, political agenda.

We're already engaged in WW111, albeit at the beginning stages, but humankind will not become extinct. There are too many safeguards in place for that to happen.

Mahrie.
Expand on that please.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Expand on that please.
On a public forum? Not on your life!

Read: The Creature from Jekyll Island; The Fourth Turning; The Captains and the Kings; Keys of this Blood; Behold a Pale Horse; and/or any one of my novels.

That should switch the light on for you.

Mahrie.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:48 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
By the way, the song was written in 2004.

We’re all living in Amerika
Amerika ist wunderbar
We’re all living in Amerika
Coca-Cola, sometimes war.(с)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World