Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 PM

245 posts, read 318,243 times

Advertisements

I'm another one who like to live in a nice comfy climate without risk of disasters, ice and snow, in a warm but never hot place, with plenty of good tapwater, near a large hospital, in a democratic welfare/state/country anywhere in the world on a mainland.
And nothing else.
I cant find it.

Best is EUrope since I'm EUropean, but I can live anywhere. Live like that now but get my share of of down to -25 C or worse, some weeks with ice on the roads, a little snow is ok otherwise.

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is near ideal but an small island in the ocean, same with Honolulu as have disasters also.
UK seems to be very rainy.
Southern France is near my ideal but they have a law against one of my interests, as are connected to US (Ill & Az), so I dont mind USA but cant find any place. Thought of Ill in summertime and Az in wintertime, prefer to stay in one place. Otherwise nice parts of US goes off for disaster-warnings.

Many like to have it as I suggest, please avoid suggesting what we dont like, only something near it.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,393,679 times
Have you considered moving to Spain? Not the Canary Islands but the mainland portion? Nice climate, relatively disaster-free and easy to emigrate to from Sweden.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Have you considered moving to Spain? Not the Canary Islands but the mainland portion? Nice climate, relatively disaster-free and easy to emigrate to from Sweden.
Hola
My goodness are You just guessing?

I've lived there and have apts. near Marbella, loved it but summers can be over +40C and may be worse. Winters are nice, houses with singelglass-windows are cold. Otherwise I thought of it and escape to Canarys if it gets to hot in mainland. They are also facing a waterproblem and have a small earthquakerisk, cant recall any other disasters but some heavy snowfall up north.
But thanks for trying, its close

Old 07-06-2007, 07:41 PM

6 posts, read 29,043 times
Hola Najt,

If you want nice weather all year round, you may want to consider North Carolina or Virginia in the USA. Their summers are not too hot because they are on the east coast and get the ocean breeze.

Another option may be northern Italy.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicegirl View Post
Hola Najt,

If you want nice weather all year round, you may want to consider North Carolina or Virginia in the USA. Their summers are not too hot because they are on the east coast and get the ocean breeze.

Another option may be northern Italy.
Yes it may be nice, no snow and ice there?

Old 07-07-2007, 11:28 PM

6 posts, read 29,043 times
Hi Najt,

I'm not sure about the snow or ice in Virginia or North Carolina. But I have been to both states during the summertime and it's nice... not too hot. I doubt that they get very much snow there because South Carolina doesn't really get too cold during the winter.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:32 AM

85 posts, read 627,966 times
The climate you speak of reminds me a lot of South Africa, specifically Cape Town. I think it is probably the most beautiful city in the world. The downside is that crime is out of control in South Africa, so you would need to live in a gated neighborhood or apartment complex with a security patrol, and I would surgest you buy a gun. But some people see this as a small price to pay for all the benefits of the city, amazing weather/beaches/food etc. I would advise against moving to the US, I'm actually trying to get out of America. If you don't want to live in the south of France, what about the Liguria Province in Italy, also beautiful.
Anyway, good luck!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:36 AM

396 posts, read 1,698,924 times
How about San Diego? The weather is supposed to be great there all year long.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,073 times
Default How about Albuquerque

How about New Mexico? Weather is so nice here. Although I live in Las Cruces, ( temperatures are way high ) I would recommend Albuquerque. Albuquerque has lower temperatures than Las Cruces, but still warm and very nice. It's a very very decent city, with a lots of shops, and there are pretty good hospitals there. Just a thought.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 AM

740 posts, read 1,973,674 times
If you can deal with humidity, Costa Rica sounds like the place for you.(being jungle/rain forest) They are a very peaceful, prosperous country, which doesn't spend vasts amound of money on military. They have none at all. The country is booming as far as Central American countries go and the cost of living is still very reasonable. I also love Belize, so that is another option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World