Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 04:20 AM

520 posts, read 1,514,649 times

Advertisements

None at all, however, I guess there are many Bavarians who want to secede desperately...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 04:47 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
None at all, however, I guess there are many Bavarians who want to secede desperately...
Bavaria Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a neat little map I found. Never heard of a separatist organization in Carinthia, though...

Spoiler

Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,442,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Is there a strong movement in Sicily?
no, there isn't. the people that goes nearer to a "secessionist movement" in italy it's the "Lega Nord", a political party that ask for a more federalist country, in which the norther part has not to maintain economically the southern part
Lega Nord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
sometimes they talk about the secession of north italy, that they call "Padania", but they don't have enough followers to do anything serious.
There are also some little regional movements, but they are all still really unorganized, and in practice they don't worry anyone.

In practice we don't have any region that ask for secession like Scotland of Catalonia do.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
In practice we don't have any region that ask for secession like Scotland of Catalonia do.
Just checked the results of the last regional elections in South Tyrol. Quite surprised that 27,2% voted for parties that explicitly separatist parties.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:57 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,442,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Just checked the results of the last regional elections in South Tyrol. Quite surprised that 27,2% voted for parties that explicitly separatist parties.
i admit that i wasn't thinking about that area. I don't know them so much because they already have a statute of autonomous region and are already more on their own than the other regions (and i've never read nothing on the newspapers or seen any news about this before). however the number are quite clear
Trentino-Alto Adige/S√ľdtirol provincial elections, 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(considering just the South Tyrol province, the number of votes for separatist parties are impressive)
However I think that they are asking more for an annexation with Austria, to reform the Tyrol region, than for a real secession with consequent creation of a new country.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:23 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,422,155 times
Quebec isn't going anywhere.

They just had a vote, and they are staying.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:55 AM

16,663 posts, read 17,426,834 times
As you mentioned in the opening post, on Thursday Scotland get to vote on whether to leave the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

It's looking pretty close at the moment.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
However I think that they are asking more for an annexation with Austria, to reform the Tyrol region, than for a real secession with consequent creation of a new country.
Well, the separatists of South Tyrol are a rather chaotic bunch... Seems like they don't know themselves what they really want. Given the freedoms of the European Union and their current status within Italy itself and Austria (South Tyroleans are treated like Austrians when they apply for different things here) it can't really get any better for them.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:35 PM

351 posts, read 499,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post

Old 09-14-2014, 01:10 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,574,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Bavaria Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a neat little map I found. Never heard of a separatist organization in Carinthia, though...
That map is misleading - there is no secessionist movement in Yorkshire - only calls for a devolved assembly. Only Scotland is calling for independence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World