Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Give Koori (or Koorie) the New South Wales and Victoria (Victorian Aborigines);
Give Ngunnawal the Australian Capital Territory and surrounding areas of New South Wales;
Give Murri Queensland and some parts of northern New South Wales;
Give Murrdi Southwest and Central Queensland;
Give Nyungar the southern Western Australia;
Give Yamatji the central Western Australia;
Give Wangai the Western Australian Goldfields;
Give Nunga the southern South Australia;
Give Anangu the northern South Australia, and neighbouring parts of Western Australia and Northern Territory;
Give Yapa the western central Northern Territory;
Give Yolngu the eastern Arnhem Land (NT);
Give Bininj the Western Arnhem Land (NT);
Give Tiwi the Tiwi Islands off Arnhem Land.
Give Anindilyakwa the Groote Eylandt off Arnhem Land;
Give Palawah (or Pallawah) Tasmania.
Sure compare 40 million Siberians to not even 1 million Aboriginals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 08:44 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Sure compare 40 million Siberians to not even 1 million Aboriginals
95% of those Siberians are Russians and other Slavic peoples.

For example, the Khanty-Mansi autonomous okrug has 1.5 million people. 30,000 of these are either Khanty or Mansi. A million of these are Russian. You think it's fair to give away this region to a tiny group of 30k people? Even Belarussians outnumber the indigenous peoples of that okrug. It's like giving Finland to Turkey.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
95% of those Siberians are Russians and other Slavic peoples.

For example, the Khanty-Mansi autonomous okrug has 1.5 million people. 30,000 of these are either Khanty or Mansi. A million of these are Russian. You think it's fair to give away this region to a tiny group of 30k people? Even Belarussians outnumber the indigenous peoples of that okrug. It's like giving Finland to Turkey.
Russia has been the biggest instigator of wars since WWII, therefore they need to be punished.
I bet 80% of the weapons terrorist organizations use were made in Russia.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:31 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Yes. It's far too extensive.
When does Northern Ireland go back to the Irish?

See how stupid I sound? Well that's how it sounds when people propose splitting up nations. Strong, powerful, nation-empires are key to world peace and stability.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:35 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

See how stupid I sound? Well that's how it sounds when people propose splitting up nations. Strong, powerful, nation-empires are key to world peace and stability.
Guess we gotta give California back to Mexico, who can then give it back to Spain who can then give it back to the natives.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Russia should split up if the oblasts want to..

Quote:

But alot of Northern Irish people are Ulster Scots who came to that part of Ireland from Great Britain (Scotland and England)

Old 10-30-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
. Strong, powerful, nation-empires are key to world peace and stability.
But wait a minute, I disagree with this part. Such nation empires are often responsible for major turmoil in the world.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:57 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
But wait a minute, I disagree with this part. Such nation empires are often responsible for major turmoil in the world.
Not really. Britain is still a grotty little island and much of the world turmoil these days are instigated by the British. This topic is one huge low information soup bowl.

Anyway, why should Russia split up? What a silly thought.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Not really. Britain is still a grotty little island and much of the world turmoil these days are instigated by the British. This topic is one huge low information soup bowl.

Anyway, why should Russia split up? What a silly thought.
I think the US empire is responsible for more of that.

Anyway, Russia should only split if there's a movement to do so which as far as I'm aware, there isn't within the regions in question. It should not split because those elsewhere think it should. I'm a believer in self determination and I think the concept of the 19th century nation state has lived passed it's time.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:26 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I'm a believer in self determination and I think the concept of the 19th century nation state has lived passed it's time.
Why have we seen more new nations in the world in the last 20 years and not less? Tell me one nation which has united forces with another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World