Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Continents where it is Bigger
Europe 13 34.21%
The Americas (including the U.S.) 12 31.58%
Asia 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Again I ask, what wars are you referring to?
Top 9 military aid recipients:

Afghanistan
Israel
Iraq
Egypt
Pakistan
Jordan
Ethiopia
Kenya
Colombia

Think for yourself why those countries receive an exorbitant amount of money in military aid from your government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 06:43 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I have never noticed it anywhere and I am truly amazed that this topic continues to come up on this forum. Have you people never left the US or something?
I agree. I've traveled all over the world and never encountered any anti American attitudes.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:23 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,959 times
Hahahaha holy **** the lack of critical thinking I lacked back then.

I thought of bumping this thread, simply because I thought how the current political state in America accompanies the point a bit.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:25 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I agree. I've traveled all over the world and never encountered any anti American attitudes.
Interesting... Be glad you didn't then I guess.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:26 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times
Anti Americanism is bigger int he USA. At least on the forum it is. Its seems like Americans are the hardest on their own country.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:42 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
People in most countries are aware, from their own experience, that the citizens of a country are not necessarily responsible for the behavior of their government, and they are also aware of the serious defects in the American electoral process. So they do not blame American tourists for American foreign policy. They are also politically aware enough that they know most tourists that they are likely to meet in streets represent a relatively liberal slant. (Conservative are thought to stay in gated resorts.)

As a result, I think my experiences are probably typical, in that is very rare for me to be treated with less than courtesy and dignity by my hosts.

Just a couple of days ago, two little boys, about ten, pointed at me in the jeepney and asked my wife if I were her husband. When she said yes, a boy asked her "Are you rich?" She replied, "No, that's why we ride the (crowded 14-cent) jeepney." He seemed to be OK with that, but maybe disappointed he did not meet a rich American.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:12 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Most anti-americanism resorts to childish banter with people stereotyping Americans for x number of things despite the fact that many of those can easily apply to them. There are of course a lot of valid criticisms about the country's internal and external policies.

The US also gets accused of starting wars, but the truth is that most of the conflicts it got involved in were already ongoing. The Second Gulf War (Iraq War) is one of the few where it was the initiator.

The US is far from perfect, but I'm still glad they are the dominant power in the world.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:41 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,799,394 times
I have always heard the nations of the Middle East, especially the Arabian peninsula nations have the most anti-American people. Pakistan also is very hateful toward the US. China and Russia have populations who seem to dislike us as well. Of course if you asked Americans to name places they did not like all those places would end up on the list so the feelings are mutual.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:35 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Anti-Americanism is a hoax. America is one of the most popular countries in the world. There are haters but they are fringes (aka parts of the Middle East and Latin America).

Old 01-18-2018, 11:18 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,647,655 times
At this point, anti-Americanism doesn’t make much sense because people from just about every country in the world have immigrated to America and have become U.S. citizens.

It would be hard to tell who you are against exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World