Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
I'm sorry, but you really are deep in the abyss of denial. I'm not going to waste anymore time debating such a silly topic.
Not sure where exactly I'm in denial :s

Miami is sunnier than London... fact
London gets less rain and fewer rainy days than Miami... fact
London gets 256 dry days per year... fact
London sees about 40 days per year with no sun... fact

I'm done arguing, you're quite clearly not interested in actual data.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Not sure where exactly I'm in denial :s

Miami is sunnier than London... fact
London gets less rain and fewer rainy days than Miami... fact
London gets 256 dry days per year... fact
London sees about 40 days per year with no sun... fact

I'm done arguing, you're quite clearly not interested in actual data.
no one is saying that london is the rainiest place on the planet, we're talking about the fact that london has a dreary weather!!!

in miami u get a storm and in a span of three hours or so you get the equivalent of a month of rain in london, and then you get endless days of sunlight and blue skies!!!

in london you get this constant gloomy damp light rain that can go on for days!!! and in six days of constant dreadful light rain you get the equivalent of an hour of rain in Miami!!!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:00 AM

183 posts, read 218,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
London really isn't all that dreary, sorry its just a fact rather than a stupid stereotype.

Canada isn't ''cold'' either the country has a temperate climate. How can a place be called ''cold'' when temperatures throughout the country can reach 30c or higher every year?

The Scottish highlands is cold, Iceland can be described as cold but not a Country that sees very variable temperatures.

Its like arguing the USA is a ''hot'' Country despite the fact the majority of the Country sees snow every year...
Quote:
What about the other 9 months of the year does it snow in October and June, too?

Well OK I must have got to wrong in Toronto its cold every month of the year and in London its 8c every month of the year. I forgot sorry you're right.
Of course it snows in October. We are talking about the southern border of Canada. Yes, it CAN reach 30 in summer but generally the mean temperature in summer is in the teens, with a high in the lower 20s. This for 2 to 3 months before becoming cold again. I have seen it snow in every month, including July, and I live one hour across the US border. We have the coldest country in the world, only Russia gives competition. Anyone who claims Canada is not cold is either lying or a fool who doesnt know any better.

Trois-Rivières, Québec - Vos Prévisions locales - MétéoMédia

"T.Ressentie" means the actual feel of the temperature. For this week: -12, -6, -12, -21, -18, -15, -18. These are faily HIGHS. Alot colder than anything the average Englander has experienced in their life, and England is not exactly warm.

Last edited by ViveLeQuebecLibre; 01-22-2015 at 09:25 AM..

Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Again I must be wrong the average temperature in Vancouver is -10c sorry I forgot...

Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Again I must be wrong the average temperature in Vancouver is -10c sorry I forgot...
I can only wonder why you want so badly for Canada to be a warm country. The average yearly mean for Vancouver is 10. 10 is chilly with similar weather and sun to London. Vancouver is a climate anomaly in Canada and our resort city. 99% of Canada is much colder than Vancouver. Even if you drive 45 minutes inland from Vancouver it is alot colder. Did you know that only 5% of Canadian land is unarable? That means we can only grow things on 5% of the land. Almost all of the land are in small concentrated area where you find these cities (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary). All these cities are in location of climate anomalies so that they are warmer than surrounding areas. I am from Canada, as are my family since centuries ago. When our ancestors first came to arrive, most of them died from the cold. Do people die from the cold in England? No...You don't know what cold is. Have you seen it snow in June? Right, tell me what cold is.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,864,662 times
Quote:
Honestly, are you purposely trolling? Someone posted this in the Canada forum. It gives a good idea of how "warm" Canada is.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebecLibre View Post
No...You don't know what cold is. Have you seen it snow in June? Right, tell me what cold is.
I haven't either, and an average Montréal June is warmer than a Southern Finland June. What do you think about that?

Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,875 times
P London is a brit, its a common trait over there....

I'll give you an example

you say: southern California is sunny, southern californians are big into surfing, mexican food is popular and living by the beach is desired!

she then will come and tell you : you're generalizing because not everyday is sunny in southern california there are a few days a year where it rains, then she'll tell u not all californians surf and not all californians eat mexican food plus not everyone in california wants to live by the beach!!! therefore you're a troll, you're lying, and chances are you're ignorant!

you know that uptight anal retentive british attitude!!! (See simon cowell)

not the first brit I met who tends to act like this!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I haven't either, and an average Montréal June is warmer than a Southern Finland June. What do you think about that?
Can you rephrase this question? I do not live in Montréal if this is what you are asking me.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebecLibre View Post
Can you rephrase this question? I do not live in Montréal if this is what you are asking me.
I haven't seen snow in June. Ever. Does that mean I don't know cold?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World