Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 2,548 times

Advertisements

1. What time is it over there now?

2. May I ask your nationality?
China

3. Dominant language(s) and important ethnic group(s)? And other than your native tongue, what other languages can you speak?
Chinese, most young people can talk a little english
4. Population and area?
1.4 billion and 9,600,000km2
5. Capital city and the largest city(ies)?
Capital city: beijing
largest city:shanghai
6. Name...let's say 5 things you love/like about your country.
tradition,family focus,peace,competition,we are Chinese

7. And things you hate/dislike?
internet block,government

8. Where have you been living in(city/town), and the favorite places in your country?
Being in huaibin, shanghai and jiaxing, the favorite place would be tibet, temple of buddha

9. To continue the question above, what are they like?
fine, thinking about the reality of my country

10. Favorite celebrities from your country?
New spring festival

11. And least favorites?
National day, too crowd to go out.

12. Favorite local cuisines?
dumplings

13. And least favorites?
not yet.

14. Favorite tv shows/movies from your country
Journey to the West

15. And least favorites?
none

16. Do you like your anthem?
fine

17. What about your flag?
fine.

18. If you had a chance to decide the country you were born in, where would it be?
china

19. Particular national traits that make you feel proud of?
Mr deng xiao ping

20. What about national holidays? And what makes them a national holidays?(independence, revolution etc.)
spring festival, family together for most of chinese only once in a year, warmest time.

21. Who do you deem the best friend(s)/ally(ies) of your country?
most of them in the world

22. What about enemy(ies)/rival(s)?
Japan

23. What about your neighbor(s)?
no comment

24. Rank your country, from one to ten.

25. So what time is it over there now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
I am going to type this about Romania, and USA because I don't want my post only about USA.

Country Survey About USA:

1. What time is it over there now? 1:43am NYC time.

2. May I ask your nationality? Technically American, and dual citizenship American-Romanian because all of my family members are born in Romania, including Parents, and Sister Sibling. All of my family member, except my Mom, and Sister live in Romanian beach cities, towns, and villages. I am a Global Citizen. I am not really too attached to nationality.

3. Dominant language(s) and important ethnic group(s)? And other than your native tongue, what other languages can you speak? In USA, English, and Spanish. Prominent ethnic groups include British, German, Irish, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Indian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Japanese, Mexican, any “Hispanic” nation in Americas, African American, and Japanese.

I know basic conversational Romanian, especially when I visit Romania. I used to know basic conversational Mandarin Chinese in school & Spanish.

4. Population and area: 319 Million, and 9,857,306 km. Feels too big sometimes in geographic size lol

5. Capital city and the largest cities? Capital: Sterile Overrated Washington DC

Largest cities: NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose.

6. Name...let's say 5 things you love/like about your country: I love Diversity, Variety of Cities & Scenery, Upward Mobility, Entertainment Options, and Multicultural Cosmopolitan Worldly Environment. Although, I feel those qualities is easily found in many other countries too.

7. And things you hate/dislike? I can’t stand overly provincial narrow-minded attitudes approaching ignorant, delusional, ridiculous levels. I can’t stand arrogance or self-entitlement. People have to love, and respect many countries, areas of the World. However, many Americans/people in USA already feels like me.

Polarized Extremes Within USA.

8. Where have you been living in (city/town), and the favorite places in your country? I lived in NYC, Upstate NY, and Seattle Pacific Northwest. I livein NYC 21 years of my life, and Seattle 1-2 years.

My favorite areas of USA include California, NY state, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico, Chicago, and New England.

9. To continue the question above, what are they like? Visit yourself to find out. I prefer International Travel lately, not too much Domestic.

10. Favorite celebrities from your country? Real people giving Value to Society, and Deserving Respect, including Architects, Science Men & Women, Successful Independent Business Owners, CEOS of Technological Companies.

11. And least favorites? People not deserving any respect.

12. Favorite local cuisines? I prefer Foreign Cuisine. Although, all of those Thai, Indian, Chinese, Italian, Mexican restaurants starts to feel very local. Lol

13. And least favorites? Stereotypical American foods. Many Americans actually don't like those types of foods.

14. Do you like the anthem? Not really. Seems too Provincial sounding.

15. What about your flag? Ambivalent.

16. If you had a chance to decide the country you were born in, where would it be? Many various countries in Europe, Asia, Oceania, and North America. USA is one out of 10 to 30 of those countries.

17. Particular national traits that make you feel proud of? Worldly Multicultural Cosmopolitan for the Wise Americans, Entrepreneurial, Ambitious.

18. What about national holidays? And what makes them a national holidays?(independence, revolution etc.) Christmas, and New Years Eve are fine. I don't like Thanksgiving.

19. Who do you deem the best friend(s)/ally(ies) of your country? Canada, UK, Mexico, Germany.

20. What about enemy(ies)/rival(s)? Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea

21. What about your neighbor(s)? There is only Canada/Mexico as Geographic Borders. Relations are stable enough, especially with Canada.

22. Rank your country, from one to ten: 8 to 9, Same Rank as all of my top 10 to 25 Favorite Countries

Country Survey About Romania

1. What time is it over there now? 8:45am

2. May I ask your nationality? American, and Romanian Blend of Global Citizen Nationality

3. Dominant language(s) and important ethnic group(s)? And other than your native tongue, what other languages can you speak? Romanian language.

4. Population and area? Around 20 million people, and 238, 391km, 92,043 sq. miles

5. Capital city and the largest cities)? Capital City: Bucharest

Largest Cities: Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Iasi, Constanta, Craiova, Brasov

6. Name...let's say 5 things you love/like about your country: I. Romania’s version of diversity, variety in a unique nation, II. Feeling very foreign, exotic, and traditional to North Americans, III. Feels very spiritual, deep, mystical, and relaxing version of pleasant, not too complicated, IV. Lifestyle (When someone has enough money), V. Interesting geographic location in Continental Europe

7. And things you hate/dislike? Maybe sometimes too simple in outlook, too domestic (even Romanians with more than enough money don’t really seem to International travel enough). III. Moldavia outside of Iasi/Maramures/Bucovina seems much poorer, and more behind compared to the rest of Romania in Wallachia, Transylvania, Dobrogea, Oltenia, Crisana where there is more of a progressive, wealth vibe going on.

8. Where have you been living in (city/town), and the favorite places in your country? Well, I lived in USA all of my life. However, 3 various summers I stayed in a traditional Romanian village villa house 1 month each time in Tuzla. All of my family members live in Romania, except for my Mom, and Sister, and I got dual American-Romanian citizenship.

My favorite areas of Romania is Romanian beaches cities, towns, villages Constanta, Eforie Nord, Eforie Sud, Costinesti, Vama Veche in Dobrogea, Bucharest Wallachia, Transylvania: Carpathian mountains, Brasov, Sibiu, Sinaia, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Oradea, Arad, Craiova, rural Transylvania Castles & Gypsy Houses.

9. To continue the question above, what are they like? Ethereal, and Incredible Experience Visiting in Travel, Feels Like Another World. Spontaneous surprises I never expected in scenery occasionally. Nice amount of Romanian version of variety.

10. Favorite celebrities from your country:Real people giving Value to Society, and Deserving Respect, including Architects, Science Men & Women, Successful Independent Business Owners, CEOS of Business, Traditional Romanian musicians, CEOS of Romanian Companies.

11. And least favorites? People not deserving any respect. I can’t stand shallow, dumb, ignorant people not deserving any attention, or respect.

12. Favorite local cuisines? Romanian Italian lol Some Romanian Chinese, and Romanian Indian restaurants started to show up in Bucharest, Constanta, Cluj-Napoca.

13. And least favorites? Well, I love and respect Romania. Although, not most traditional Romanian food.

14. Do you like your anthem? Seems nice.

17. What about your flag? Why does Moldova out of places have a better looking Flag symbol with a royal bird castle symbol? Romania’s flag looks more plain, and ironically the same looking as Chad’s flag in Sub-Saharan Africa.

18. If you had a chance to decide the country you were born in, where would it be? Around 10 to 30 various countries in Europe, Asia, Oceania, North America all over the World. There is a satisfying abundance of countries. Romania is one of those countries too.

19. Particular national traits that make you feel proud of? Traditional & Modern, Warm Hearted, Friendly, Polite, Down to Earth, Grounded, Easygoing, Not Too Corrupted Usually, Not Too Materialistic, Spiritual

20. What about national holidays? And what makes them a national holidays?(independence, revolution etc.) Christmas, New Years Eve, Orthodox Easter, Romanian Independence Day, Religious Spiritual Festivals

Not really any surrounding neighbors. Mostly Italy, France, Germany, Poland, Turkey.

22. What about enemy(ies)/rival(s)? Hungarians is quite a rival, Serbia, Moldova (You stubborn peasant, Moldova, just unify again with your superior master already!), Ukraine/Russia lately.

23. What about your neighbor(s)? Not best friends compared to other countries, yet usually stable enough, and interactive relations with Bulgaria, Serbia, Ukraine, and Moldova. Hungary is the worst one. Although, not too tense.

24. Rank your country, from one to ten: 8 to 9. Same Rank Compared In All of My Top 10 to Top 25 Favorite Countries. How Nice, Happy, and Satisfying To Love, and Respect Lots of Nations.

Last edited by ; 12-15-2014 at 11:59 PM..

Old 12-16-2014, 10:32 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,327 times
1. What time is it over there now? 18:16

2. May I ask your nationality? Spanish

3. Dominant language(s) and important ethnic group(s)? And other than your native tongue, what other languages can you speak? Spanish is dominant language, important ethnic group white caucasian, we have also immigrants from Latin America and North Africa and East Europe. I can speak English, German, some French and Portuguese.

4. Population and area? Population:46.507.760 hab. Area: 504 645km²

5. Capital city and the largest city(ies)? Capital Madrid, other large cities: Barcelona, Valencia, Zaragoza, Malaga, Bilbao...

6. Name...let's say 5 things you love/like about your country. Weather, Food, People(generosity), Coasts, History.

7. And things you hate/dislike? Unemployment, corruption, impunctuality, schedules, high taxes

8. Where have you been living in(city/town), and the favorite places in your country? A nice town in Castilia. I love too many corners in the country.

9. To continue the question above, what are they like? warm, historical, clean, green areas etc

10. Favorite celebrities from your country? Placido Domingo, Antonio Banderas, LODVG, Enrique Iglesias.

11. And least favorites? They are not celebs but for example I find cinema from Almodovar a bit boring... with some exceptions.

12. Favorite local cuisines? Castilia with the great meat dishes, seafood from Galicia, Paella!!

13. And least favorites? Fish

14. Favorite tv shows/movies from your country The Orphan, The Others, El juego de la Oca, Farmacia de Guardia, Verano azul,

15. And least favorites? no idea

16. Do you like your anthem? Yes but I would like it had lyrics.

17. What about your flag? beautiful colours.

18. If you had a chance to decide the country you were born in, where would it be? never wondered.

19. Particular national traits that make you feel proud of? generosity, helpfulness, sincere smiles, good atmospheres, healthy people.

20. What about national holidays? And what makes them a national holidays?(independence, revolution etc.) The typical catholic ones plus some political and historical.

21. Who do you deem the best friend(s)/ally(ies) of your country? No idea!!! Honestly... Portugal?

22. What about enemy(ies)/rival(s)? No idea... help?

23. What about your neighbor(s)? I like both

24. Rank your country, from one to ten.8

25. So what time is it over there now? 18:32

Old 12-16-2014, 11:34 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
wow, this is long, but im sick and off work today so i got time

3:20 pm

Argentinian

3. Dominant language(s) and important ethnic group(s)? And other than your native tongue, what other languages can you speak?

spanish is the dominant language. I can speak fluently spanish and english
4. Population and area?

Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Rosario

Its beautiful, breathtaking natural beauty, diverse, people are passionate, fun, it never ceases to amaze

corruption, politicians, lack of patriotism, lack of love for own country and culture of people in general

8. Where have you been living in(city/town), and the favorite places in your country?

Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires, Jujuy, Salta, Mendoza, the Patagonia

Buenos Aires: vibrant, fun, intense
Jujuy: colourful gorgeous mountains
Salta: colorfoul and green mountains with colonial architecture
Patagonia: huge mountains, ice, breathtaking landscapes

Ricardo Piglia, Beatriz Sarlo (writers, critics), Diego Capussoto (humorist)

11. And least favorites?

pfff, probably too many to tell

asado

13. And least favorites?

none?

los simuladores, capusotto y sus videos, los paranoicos

15. And least favorites?

too many to tell

yes, its beautiful!

the colors of the sky and the sun, whats not to like?

18. If you had a chance to decide the country you were born in, where would it be?

Argentina

People are generally educated, fun and smart
t

20. What about national holidays? And what makes them a national holidays?(independence, revolution etc.)

like the ones in may/june cause its usual to drink hot chocolate with churros!

Probably some of the mercosur countries are our best friends, and some latinamericans.

i dont think we got enemies/rivals, only in soccer

Uruguayans are supposedly our allies and there has always been an ongoing feud with chileans, but i tend to like chile more than uruguay

3:34 pm :P

Old 01-19-2015, 03:54 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

5:36PM

American

Dominant language is English. Important ethnic groups include Anglos (honestly, I'm grouping several European ethnic groups together due to the intermarriage that is common in the US over time), Hispanic, and African American. My native language is English and I speak only English fluently.

4. Population and area?

About 320 million people. 9,857,306 km2.

Washington, D.C., and New York, NY.

Cultural diversity, mixture of small and large cities/towns, varied regional cuisines, varied climates, and the general freedoms citizens have in the country.

Too broad of a question.

Within the US, I've lived in Louisiana, New York, Washington, D.C., and Maryland. Favorite place is anywhere warm and safe, which leaves a lot of options.

All the places I've lived have some or all of the elements that represent what I love about my country.

Don't really have any that I'd list as "favorites."

11. And least favorites?

See above.

Living in NYC, the international community is at my doorstep. I love West African and Indian the most.

13. And least favorites?

Probably Ethiopian.

Some of my favorites (only listing TV shows here) are Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, and Lost.

15. And least favorites?

Friends.

Sure.

Sure.

Wouldn't change anything.

Freedom.

Whatever the Federal government can agree on.

Canada, UK, France.

Iran, North Korea, Syria.

Canada and Mexico.

I'm biased and view my country as the best of the best, whether that's a 1 or a 10.

5:53PM . . . this took longer than I thought it would.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:47 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
1. What time is it over there now? 11:43 AM

2. May I ask your nationality? USA

3. Dominant language(s) and important ethnic group(s)? And other than your native tongue, what other languages can you speak? English but I also speak Hebrew and know some French and Spanish.

4. Population? 8-10 million

5. Capital city? Washington, D.C.

6. Name...let's say 5 things you love/like about your country. Convenience, English language, Women's Rights, Technology, Democracy

7. And things you hate/dislike? Disconnection of many people from their families

14. Favorite tv shows from your country NCIS, NCIS L.A. and NCIS New Orleans

16. Do you like your anthem? It is okay.

17. What about your flag? Yes

18. If you had a chance to decide the country you were born in, where would it be? U.S.A.

24. Rank your country, from one to ten. Number 1!

Old 01-20-2015, 04:50 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
[quote=Greysholic;37474404]Just some random questions for you to answer. It could be fun.(At least it was fun in the other forum where I am an user in.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
12:13 P.M.

Quote:
Italian

Quote:
Main language is Italian with French and German being recognised official languages in some regions. I speak English and a bit of French.

Quote:
4. Population and area?
Italy has got 60782000 inhabitants and an area of 301000 kmq

Quote:
Rome is the capital and biggest city (2870000), Milan (1331000) can be considered the economic capital and has the largest metropolitan area, Napoli (989000), Torino (901000), Palermo (677000), Genoa (595000), Firenze (379000)

Quote:
The food, the art, the vibrancy of our cities, the scenery and the extrovertedness

Quote:
Bureaucracy, Corruption and Mafias.

Quote:
I've always lived here (Cerignola, a city of about 60000 people). My favourite places in Italy are Salento, the Dolomites, Rome, Torino and Napoli

Quote:
Salento is a region of Apulia, it has got the best sea in mainland Italy, beautiful Baroque cities (Lecce, Nardo, ecc.) and a great nighlife in summer. Napoli has a vibrancy that's unrivalled in my country. The Dolomites have an amazing scenery, that's what makes them so special.

Quote:
Giorgia, Ligabue, Paolo Bonolis and Fiorello

Quote:
11. And least favorites?
Barbara D'Urso, Maria De Filippi ecc.

Quote:
The best local cuisines are Sicilian, Apulian and Campanian. As for foreign ones, Spanish is my favourite,

Quote:
13. And least favorites?
I don't like the Piedmontese one, too heavy

Quote:
La Vita è Bella (Life is Beautiful starring Roberto Benigni), Gomorra (the TV series on Sky, not the film), Le Iene, Striscia La Notizia.

Quote:
15. And least favorites?
Uomini e Donne; Amici; Pomeriggio Cinque and Grande Fratello

Quote:
I do. My second favourite anthem in the world, after La Marsillaise

Quote:
I like it.

Quote:
The Netherlands or Germany. Italy would have been my 3rd choice.

Quote:
I don't know

Quote:
National holidays are Christmas, Easter and the day after, New Year, Epiphany, All Saints Day, The Day of the Dead
Boxing Day, Republic Day (2 June) and Liberation Day (25 April).

Quote:
France, Spain, Albania.

Quote:
Do we have enemies? Maybe ISIS like all the Western countries

Quote:
I'm fine with them , i wouldn't change them.

Quote:

Quote:
1.05 A.M

Last edited by improb; 01-20-2015 at 05:13 PM..

Old 02-02-2015, 05:03 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,656,111 times
06:53 am

Indonesian

Only Indonesian. And English.

4. Population and area?
252 million (est. 2014) and 1.92 million km^2 (5.2 million km^2 with sea)

Capital city: Jakarta
largest cities : Jakarta, Surabaya. Bandung, Yogyakarta, Medan

culture, biodiversity, warm beaches, muslim majority, cuisine

corruption

Pekanbaru, Bandung. Fav : Sukamandi (my dad's relatives' house!!!) and Rumbai

fine.

Lebaran

11. And least favorites?
none

sate?

13. And least favorites?
not yet.

none

15. And least favorites?
none

fine

fine. proud.

Indonesia!!!

BJ Habibie

National holidays of 6 largest religions here + labor day (may 1) + independence day (August 17)

most of them in the world.

Malaysia.

no comment.

Rank? There're more than 10 countries in the world. If you mean score, I give it 7.

07:03 am

Last edited by divisionbyzero0; 02-02-2015 at 05:26 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 12:06 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,466 times
Quote:
Just some random questions for you to answer. It could be fun.(At least it was fun in the other forum where I am an user in.)

Yes. 7PM.

I'm French.

French.
North Africans, Blacks (Africans, Caribbeans/DOM-TOM), Asian (Vietnamese, Chinese), Italians, Spanish, Portuguese...
Sadly, just French and some English.

4. Population and area?

66.9 millions something. 552 000 km2 (without the DOM-TOM). 675 000 km2 (with).

Paris
Marseille
Lyon
Toulouse...

In no particular order :
The history of the country
The landscape (country and DOM-TOM)
The language
Our way of life
Our location (bordered by "many" countries)

In no particular order :
Our president (in a particular order for this one though )
Our politics
Our backwardness (does it make sense ?)
The history of the country (wars, Vichy, Eurovision...)
Sometimes the people

I've been in many places (because of my father' work); Reims (I was born there), Compiègne (a city in the north where the majority of my family was born), Royan, La Rochelle (south-west), Quimper (in the west) and some others.

Hum...
Reims has a beautiful cathedral. It's just a quiet little city with a great history.
Compiègne is blah.
Royan and La Rochelle are cool from my POV. Sunny most of the time, very relaxed, medium sized cities for France, wish I could go back there.
Quimper is even more blah than Compiègne.
I'm not really helping the tourism industry of these cities with my comments I guess.

Huh, the guys of my favorite French band (Kyo).
Mylène Jampanoï (it's an actress)
Fleur Pellerin (Minister of Culture)
Éric Antoine (humorist and somewhat magician, an incredible guy)
Many others...

11. And least favorites?

Nabilla ( a sort of French Kim Kardashian...)
DSK
Le Pen family
Others...

Moules-frites

13. And least favorites?

There's so many...

TV shows
Movies : La Tête haute (there's Catherine Deneuve in it...)
Les Kaïra
La prochaine fois je viserai le cœur
Martyrs
Others

15. And least favorites?

TV shows : all of 'em
Movies : Bienvenue chez les ch'tis
Intouchables
La marche des empereurs (I find it sad...)
Others

NO.

Same.

The same. I love my country and am happy to be born here even if I criticized it all the time.

National holidays :
le 14 Juillet (fête nationale) / Bastille's Day in English

Oh, I don't know. 5. Because we're not the best country but not the worst either. (I hope)

8PM
I'm so slow

PS : thanks Greysholic for suggesting this thread to me.

Last edited by Eden Morlevent; 06-06-2015 at 01:34 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 02:37 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,259,135 times
Quote:
Just some random questions for you to answer. It could be fun.(At least it was fun in the other forum where I am an user in.)

4. Population and area?

11. And least favorites?

13. And least favorites?

15. And least favorites?

1. 9:32pm
2. British passport holder, my nationality is Northern Irish.
3. English - Irish, Scottish and English.
4. 2 million
5. Belfast
6. Owen. People are nice, location and I can't think of much else.
7. Alot!!
8. County Londonderry, I think I live in one of the better areas our accent isn't so bad.
9. Ok, the people are humble.
10. Um? Lol Rory Mcilroy???
11. I don't like Nadine Coyle's accent.
12. Chips and Gravy!! Omg!
13. Potatoes!!
14. Lol
15. Lol again
16. We don't have one and I don't agree with those things.
17. UK one
18. AMERICA
19. None! That I speak English!! So proud of that.
20. Lets not go there.
21. America, Canada and Australia.
22. France.
23. Iceland and France.
24. 6.
25. 9:37pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World