U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 12:35 PM

1,293 posts, read 2,306,165 times

Advertisements

I live in Paris inner suburbs, so yes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,820,504 times
I've passed through Ottawa en route to Quebec before, but the first time I've ever actually stopped in the centre of town was just this summer of 2014. Nice little town to live in I guess, but it must be one of the sleepiest capitals on Earth. The core of Ottawa is so perfect and neat it's almost creepy. It reminds me of this podcast I listened to once where the host (Marc Maron by the way), described Vancouver as so perfect, that it looks as though it must have come in a box.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:15 PM

10,570 posts, read 14,506,932 times
I have been to DC a few times, as a kid while we were moving, as a teen for our school trip, and then a couple times as an adult for business or to see a show.

I've been to Beijing once, for a day, on a layover. Hopefully I'll get more time there soon.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:05 AM

13 posts, read 13,778 times
I live in Bali, but i did pay a visit to Jakarta a few times for leisure purpose (because i love big cities) the traffic is bad yes, but i have friends there so its not bad at all.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 25 days ago)

56,063 posts, read 44,422,312 times
I've lived fairly close to DC several times in my life (several places in Maryland and coastal Virginia) so I've been there probably 20 times. Every time I find something different and interesting to do and see. On my most recent trip, we stayed at the old Watergate Hotel, which was very interesting, and explored Georgetown - and also visited the International Spy Museum. Very cool. Of course all the major museums are extremely interesting as well, but this trip we focused on some different things.

I really like DC - visiting that is. I'd hate to live there.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM

20,965 posts, read 22,258,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I really like DC - visiting that is. I'd hate to live there.
Is it because of the traffic and high COL?

Old 02-10-2015, 01:43 PM

22 posts, read 22,939 times
Yes I have and its a dull city full of uptight people wearing suits and everything rotates around the world of politics (you couldn't pay me to live there!)

I am talking about Washington DC

Old 02-10-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Is it because of the traffic and high COL?
Basically, yes. Throw in the fact that I generally detest politics and politicians and yeah...I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM

20,965 posts, read 22,258,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Basically, yes. Throw in the fact that I generally detest politics and politicians and yeah...I wouldn't want to live there.
Interestingly, politics is not a usual topic of conversation among most residents in the Washington DC area. I think it's a kind of blind spot.

People are mostly into their work, personal lives, hobbies, school, traveling, etc.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Interestingly, politics is not a usual topic of conversation among most residents in the Washington DC area. I think it's a kind of blind spot.

People are mostly into their work, personal lives, hobbies, school, traveling, etc.
Like I said, my main reasons for not being even slightly interested in ever living there are the typical issues I have with very large, congested cities and their cost of living. I don't care for the pace of life, the cost of living, etc. To each his own. I prefer living in a smaller city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World