Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 04:31 PM

213 posts, read 298,228 times

Advertisements

I'm Brazilian of Curitiba, Paraná State and live actually in Londrina;;;
The answer: people of Paraná like U.S in appearence?

Video:

Last edited by ParanaBoy; 01-29-2015 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 04:48 PM

[SIZE=3]Londrinenses no disco Folk!

[/SIZE]

Old 01-29-2015, 04:57 PM

2,693 posts, read 3,186,336 times
If by American you mean white Americans, then yes, many of the people pictured could be found somewhere in the US. I would tell you that the US has its own geographic differences when it comes to race and ethnicity though. Certain areas of the US attracted different European immigrants (ex: Scandinavians in the Upper Midwest/Minnesota), Southern states typically have more black people, higher Hispanic populations statewide are typically found in the states that border Mexico, etc.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:02 PM

^^

Perfect.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:40 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Mostly. I'd say about 10-20% look a little different.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:05 PM

264 posts, read 388,747 times
Yeah they are very American in appearance. Lots of diversity

Old 01-29-2015, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,311 times
Hey there! I am so glad I found this thread! I'm a USAmerican from Hamtramck, MI which is basically the white part of Detroit. I'm of full Polish Heritage (My dad is from Warsaw and moved to Berlin after the wall came down and my mom is born in Israel to Polish Jewish refugees). I've been to Brazil and loved it!! Curitiba, Florianopolis, Porto Alegre were all amazing. What I like about Brazil is yhat even though it's diverse, European heritage is celebrated! In America being proud of Euro heritage the same like black and Hispanic people are proud makes people think you're a racist. I also loved the culture of the gauchos in S. Brazil. I speak German,?Polish, Hebrew, Arabic and English and would obviously learn Portuguese. I want to move to Curitiba specifically and teach languages (Probably English is most in demand).

My questions:
How much is the pay for a TEFL teacher?
How much is rent for a nice apartment?
How would an American who is looking to permanently immigrate be received by local people?
What are some apartment websites?

I don't plan on teaching forever obviously. I'm a chef so after I learned the language and got settled I would wanna open a Slavic/German/Jewish restaurant. I'm also gay but I found Brazil to be the perfect mix of gay friendly and traditional values which I liked so I am not worried.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:17 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
Not even close. Maybe in the midwest where there are a bunch of white people. But not in California.

What's up with all the people wearing sun glasses?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:55 PM

2,693 posts, read 3,186,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Not even close. Maybe in the midwest where there are a bunch of white people. But not in California.

What's up with all the people wearing sun glasses?
California is still 40% white non-Hispanic. I also don't think that the Midwest could be classified as the whitest part of the country either, although on that point I could be wrong.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Polski View Post
Hey there! I am so glad I found this thread! I'm a USAmerican from Hamtramck, MI which is basically the white part of Detroit. I'm of full Polish Heritage (My dad is from Warsaw and moved to Berlin after the wall came down and my mom is born in Israel to Polish Jewish refugees). I've been to Brazil and loved it!! Curitiba, Florianopolis, Porto Alegre were all amazing. What I like about Brazil is yhat even though it's diverse, European heritage is celebrated! In America being proud of Euro heritage the same like black and Hispanic people are proud makes people think you're a racist. I also loved the culture of the gauchos in S. Brazil. I speak German,?Polish, Hebrew, Arabic and English and would obviously learn Portuguese. I want to move to Curitiba specifically and teach languages (Probably English is most in demand).

My questions:
How much is the pay for a TEFL teacher?
How much is rent for a nice apartment?
How would an American who is looking to permanently immigrate be received by local people?
What are some apartment websites?

I don't plan on teaching forever obviously. I'm a chef so after I learned the language and got settled I would wanna open a Slavic/German/Jewish restaurant. I'm also gay but I found Brazil to be the perfect mix of gay friendly and traditional values which I liked so I am not worried.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!
I am polish descendent too and germany-italian-portuguese... Curitiba is perfect for him, maybe a little closed people. Consegue entender portugues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World