U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:45 PM

16,539 posts, read 24,056,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Grrrr. Spelling of Hainot threw me off. Would have gotten Belgium had it been spelled Hainaut as in French.
Because I'm retarded, you get a freebie.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Between everyone's participation, all of mine have been guessed to I'll now give all the answers. If you haven't guessed mine but want to, read no further:

1. In what country is the province of Hainot? It should be "Hainaut" as pointed out and yes, it's in Belgium

2. Dili is the capital of what country? East Timor is the correct answer.

3. Where is the city of puyallup? I was surprised to see some knew this one. It is in Washington State USA. One of Tacoma's suburbs.

4. Where is the city of Bijeljina? This is in northeastern Bosnia-Hercegovina. More specifially; in Republika Srpska.

5. Where are the mountains known as the Siskiyous? Northern California is correct. If you all know of the Cascade range, the Siskiyous are just the southern portion of that range. And it's pronounced; "sis-skee-yoos"

6. Lake Titicaca is located in: Asia, South America, Africa or Australia? Everyone knew this one. South America it is.

7. The Trinity Alps are located in Central Europe. True or False? Correct answer is false. These too are in Northern California, west of the Siskiyous. they get their name for their steep, triangular shape of many of them, resembling the European Alps.

8. (This is mainly for Americans but if anyone else knows, feel free to take a guess.) Which US state has parishes rather than counties? Another easy one for everyone.

9. Where is Oaxaca? Almost too easy LOL

10. Porto-Novo is the capital of what country? Benin is the correct answer.

If I come up with another, I will double-check my spelling LOL

Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 PM

23,574 posts, read 24,764,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
None were difficult -- got them all without looking.
me too, and I also kept my eyes shut the whole time

Old 02-09-2015, 04:52 PM

723 posts, read 703,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Between everyone's participation, all of mine have been guessed to I'll now give all the answers. If you haven't guessed mine but want to, read no further:

1. In what country is the province of Hainot? It should be "Hainaut" as pointed out and yes, it's in Belgium

2. Dili is the capital of what country? East Timor is the correct answer.

3. Where is the city of puyallup? I was surprised to see some knew this one. It is in Washington State USA. One of Tacoma's suburbs.

4. Where is the city of Bijeljina? This is in northeastern Bosnia-Hercegovina. More specifially; in Republika Srpska.

5. Where are the mountains known as the Siskiyous? Northern California is correct. If you all know of the Cascade range, the Siskiyous are just the southern portion of that range. And it's pronounced; "sis-skee-yoos"

6. Lake Titicaca is located in: Asia, South America, Africa or Australia? Everyone knew this one. South America it is.

7. The Trinity Alps are located in Central Europe. True or False? Correct answer is false. These too are in Northern California, west of the Siskiyous. they get their name for their steep, triangular shape of many of them, resembling the European Alps.

8. (This is mainly for Americans but if anyone else knows, feel free to take a guess.) Which US state has parishes rather than counties? Another easy one for everyone.

9. Where is Oaxaca? Almost too easy LOL

10. Porto-Novo is the capital of what country? Benin is the correct answer.

If I come up with another, I will double-check my spelling LOL
Sorry but the capital of Benin is Cotonou,not Porto -Novo

( The former name of Benin is Dahomey )

Last edited by ThePage; 02-09-2015 at 05:14 PM..

Old 02-09-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Sorry but the capital of Benin is Cotonou,not Porto -Novo

( The former name of Benin is Dahomey )
That's the largest city, not the capital. Somehow, it's capital and seat of government are different cities.

Benin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World Capitals

Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 AM

24,402 posts, read 30,737,291 times
Quote:
That's the largest city, not the capital. Somehow, it's capital and seat of government are different cities.
As in other countries such as... the United States of America for example!

Old 02-10-2015, 08:28 AM

24,402 posts, read 30,737,291 times
Quote:
Because I'm retarded, you get a freebie.
You're not retarded, but thanks for the freebie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World