Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 04:36 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
lol, why the difference?

As a bi/pan male, my attraction leans stronger to southern Europeans (Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, Greeks). I tend to prefer curly/wavy hair, brown eyes, facial hair...and all of those countries have plenty of the above. Though them 'black Irish' types definitely deserve a second (and third and fourth) look (okay, I'm mostly just thinking Colin Farrell .)

Case study 1: Eduardo Noriega, nationality: Spanish

Source: Group of: eduardo noriega - Google Search | We Heart It
He's alright looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 04:38 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,625 times
spanish men are alright but where there is an ex-yugoslavian or a hungarian then the spaniard can take the back seat!!!

I don't know what it is but men from places like croatia, hungary, czech republic, OMG

Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I don't find italians attractive at all, there is something about italian culture that turns me off

It stems from the idea people in north and south america have about italians being all beautiful, italy is chic and people just imagine italy as this wonderful place full of exaggeratedly beautiful, sophisticated people...

it's not rare to meet americans. brazilians, argentinians etc. yapping about how they have italian ancestry while looking down on you because they have an italian grandpa and u don't

then u visit the real italy and is sort of dysfunctional and not everyone is beautiful and not everything is clean, fashionable or amazing! in fact is quite a crappy place to live!

that must be the reason I just don't do italian!
Irene everywhere in the world is like that its never ever how people imagine its either exaggerated to be poor, dirty (Africa) or its exaggerated to be rich, chic and sophisticated (Europe, or in this case Italy)

Old 02-17-2015, 04:42 PM

HUNGarians have the biggest penises in Europe lol

I think France's average is so high due to the many Africans that live there hehehehe

I have to move to Budapest!

Old 02-17-2015, 04:49 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,488,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I don't find Italians attractive at all, there is something about Italian culture that turns me off

It stems from the idea people in north and south america have about italians being all beautiful, italy is chic and people just imagine italy as this wonderful place full of exaggeratedly beautiful, sophisticated people...

it's not rare to meet americans. brazilians, argentinians etc. yapping about how they have italian ancestry while looking down on you because they have an italian grandpa and u don't

then u visit the real italy and is sort of dysfunctional and not everyone is beautiful and not everything is clean, fashionable or amazing! in fact is quite a crappy place to live!

that must be the reason I just don't do italian!
The whole Italian love affair seems to be a lot stronger in South America (Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil) and the US than the rest of North America. At least no one in my Mexican family has any kind of Italian fetish. If anything it might just be a case of people after their own. Either way, both Italy and France have done a great job of selling a very romantic, rose tinted, version of themselves to the rest of the world.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
The whole Italian love affair seems to be a lot stronger in South America (Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil) and the US than the rest of North America. At least no one in my Mexican family has any kind of Italian fetish. If anything it might just be a case of people after their own. Either way, both Italy and France have done a great job of selling a very romantic, rose tinted, version of themselves to the rest of the world.
I just remember when I lived in the Americas, a lot of people had this idea that
italians = beautiful/class/perfection

you often hear ridiculous people from those places telling you "I have italian roots" "Italians are SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL" "kiss me I am italian" "we have class because we have italian origin"

all of that already predisposed me to just finding italy annoying.... then u visit the real italy and it looks sort of run down and people are just like everywhere and you can't help but think "talk about overrated"

the ironic thing is that REAL ACTUAL ITALIANS can't stand those stereotypes and HATE when americans, brazilians, argentinians etc come up with the "I am italian because my great grandma was italian!"

Old 02-17-2015, 05:45 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,409,546 times
I embrace most of the different groups of descendant in Europe. (Nordic, Germanic, Celtic and Latin)
Nordic : Recessive genes, pureness
Germanic : Confidence, trustworthy, physical features, husband material
Celtic : Personality, paleness
Latin : Arouse, hairiness, passionate, olive skin

Old 02-17-2015, 05:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
I embrace most of the different groups of people in Europe. (Nordic, Germanic, Celtic and Latin)
Nordic : Recessive genes, pureness
Germanic : Confidence, trustworthy, physical features, husband material
Celtic : Personality, paleness
Latin : Arouse, hairiness, passionate,olive skin
You really need to visit Europe. Your post reads like a big stereotype. I'm Spanish and I don't have olive skin

Old 02-17-2015, 05:56 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,409,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You really need to visit Europe. Your post reads like a big stereotype. I'm Spanish and I don't have olive skin
It's based on the common "general stereotypes". I know there's many variances depends on individuals like Xabi Alonso who has ginger features.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
It's based on the common "general stereotypes". I know there's many variances depends on individuals like Xabi Alonso who has ginger features.
Yes, it's a stereotype and nothing more. I've been to Spain and the people don't have olive skin . Spanish people having olive skin is a stereotype. The majority are type III, not IV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World