Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Japan vs Italy ( east Asia vs europe)
Japan 31 52.54%
Italy 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:59 AM

23 posts, read 51,148 times

Advertisements

Cities latitude correspondence:

Asahikawa - Firenze
Sapporo - Perugia
Hakodate - Roma
Hachinoe - Salerno
Sendai; Niigata; yamagata - Palermo
Toyama; Iwaki; Kumagaya; joetsu - Siracusa
Tokyo - no correspondence, southern than italy

Last edited by Giulia90; 02-21-2015 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 12:06 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,647,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulia90 View Post
Yes.. I think this is connected to ethnic segregation; a model of society I don't like.

I like more europe model where immigrants with time they will be integrated and not separated. I think immigrations into a monocultural country help integration; in the sense in the future they would be omogeneous with the population. This has happened only in the central part of Brazil; maybe Mexico??; Colombia; Venezuela.

But still in Brazil, in the southern part Italian and portugueses stick to themselves.
As well as Germans stick to themselves in some part of brazil, Argentina, Paraguay.

This I don't like. I like people to interact an mix with others; like it happens in central brazil
I completely agree.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:16 PM

9,980 posts, read 12,319,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
traditional Japanese culture is far less interesting than Italian culture

of course nowadays Japanese culture has degraded into an urban and boring society

Italy, both the country and the people are far more beautiful than their Japanese counterparts

Italy has a history spanning more than 1000 years from the Roman Republic, far more interesting than Japan
Interesting to you maybe but generally we don't know much of Japanese history or their culture.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I am not japanese and I lived there 6 months and NEVER had an issue, and my flat mate was a black girl from America and we both pretty much were left alone....

have in mind black people in japan don't have the image they have in america and the UK, in japan being black represents jazz, hip pop, michael jackson, etc.

The japanese have this mindset that they are japanese, everyone else is gaijin (the rest of the world), some japanese chose not to talk to you, some do because you're different (overall they are respectful people), you won't find the aggressive, ghetto, in your face attitude you find in britain or America for sure!!

if a japanese person doesnt like you, because you're gaijin, they won't look at you but the ones who do will be drawn to you

it's so interesting how some blacks in the anglosphere have this idea that they are not welcomed in Asia (I blame hollywood and blacks from America not getting along with Asians from America), the reality is in Asia blacks are pretty much rare and most people never seen one and if they do then they are mostly curious, but they are with white people too.

They are also a much more peaceful and orderly people.... Westerners are greedy, gross, aggressive, self-absorbed in comparison!!!

when I was there I would look at how disgusting and disrespectful some Americans, british, australians are over there, how offensive, self entitled they act and no wonder many japanese dislike foreigners!!!
What would be their reaction to me generally if I walked around Tokyo or Sendai? Curious stays? Insults? I go unnoticed?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Your comments are uncalled for, they betray you, now it is apparent that your views are no better than those you criticize your HYPOCRISY is apparent anyone that reads this post can see that. The only thing you have managed to prove with this post is that you have a huge chip on your shoulder.
Because she's saying things that people don't want to hear? She's saying things that go against what we see in the media?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:29 PM

8,868 posts, read 8,338,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What would be their reaction to me generally if I walked around Tokyo or Sendai? Curious stays? Insults? I go unnoticed?
Unnoticed.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:36 PM

23 posts, read 51,148 times
Probably you would be higly appealed.. As Japanese people don't vary much (at least in European eyes ???) on fisically aspect; I think black would be someone who would get curiosity to talk.
Also Japanese don't have immigration except for few neighboring and fisically similar coreans and chineses (maybe Chinese from te south could be diverse thought from japaneses ???)

Old 02-21-2015, 01:52 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,822,984 times
Quote:
In tokyo you'd be pretty much ignored.... you can see a LOT of black people from America in japan

also osaka u can see black folks

if you go to smaller towns people will be more curious but they are also curious with white people, generally speaking you'll be either unnoticed in big cities like tokyo, or looked at because in small town japan where you don't really see foreigners. but in the small towns I visited I also had japanese elders look at me and talk...

Old 02-21-2015, 01:57 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,822,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Unnoticed.
I agree... the black folks I saw in Asia were pretty much ok, just unnoticed like white people were too.

in fact you can find on youtube videos from a black american girl living in south korea and she says the only problem she has had is not finding places that do african hair, other than that, south koreans have been pretty much ok with her.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:08 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,814,161 times
Quote:
Because she's saying things that people don't want to hear? She's saying things that go against what we see in the media?
No, although the words she chose to express her thoughts were inflammatory my issue with the post was that she was not seeing her own contradictions and the complete disrespect in the last sentence was offensive and lacked civility. I was responding to one isolated post I don't know what her thoughts were behind the post. I don't hold grudges and wasn't intending to lash out just on voicing my view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World