Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Japan vs Italy ( east Asia vs europe)
Japan 31 52.54%
Italy 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:16 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev101 View Post
That's nothing. You should see how some Asian-Americans get treated in high school by white and black kids. And they are not foreigners, but US citizens too.
I agree with you

I have spoken with Americans of Asian descent who are third or even fourth generation Americans, who get white Americans going "wow you speak english so well!"

or white men with an entitlement attitude offering them the American dream in exchange for a romantic relationship eventhough a lot of these women are American born and educated!

and by the way, many westerners in Japan are VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!! the japanese are very quiet, in japan the whole deal is about harmony, you should see the english getting drunk and rowdy in the tokyo metro or the Americans with an attitude, or German men thinking japan is a brothel and japanese women are there to satisfy mr' mighty white man desires!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 03:04 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
it's called WESTERN MEDIA

same reason africa is seen as backwards, and starving and russia is a wasteland of alcoholics and nazis, and latin america as a wild west full of drug dealers kidnapping people, and the western world as a bastion of fairness, modern contemporary living, democracy and ideals!

it is simple western media....

to be brutally honest I think the chances of you being discriminated against because you're black are higher in the UK or in the US or many other places in western Europe than in Japan, (in japan you'll be just a tourist), in the anglosphere you'll be a black woman (with all the stereotypes that come with it) and in many cases depending on who's looking at you a "n-word"

trust me, I lived outside this bubble called the western world long enough, it doesnt fool me!

have in mind the western world has a history of oppression, brutality, colonialism and slavery with africa... while japan has virtually nothing to do good or bad with africa, so you as a black woman won't have a stereotype other than what the japanese media exposes the japanese to as far as black people IE: michael jackson, hip pop, jazz etc. while in the western world as a black person you already have a sour past to begin with!!!

trust me.... the most racist places Ive been to have been western europe and north america (I've also been told India has serious issues with skin color, legacy of the british rulers and the caste system).... everywhere else is kinda meh (you'll find human prejudice, but it's not as ingrained in the people as it is in the US, UK or western europe in general), not even eastern Europe, I visited Budapest, prague, croatia and if anything they were largely curious to see black people... its in the west where blacks face stereotypes, the same west that enslaved them for 400 years!
Thing is I know all of this after research, experience and talking to a therapist (mentor actually) who studied all this at universality. I guess its hard to unlearn what I've been taught all my life!

Old 02-23-2015, 07:42 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:

same reason africa is seen as backwards, and starving and russia is a wasteland of alcoholics and nazis, and latin america as a wild west full of drug dealers kidnapping people, and the western world as a bastion of fairness, modern contemporary living, democracy and ideals!

to be brutally honest I think the chances of you being discriminated against because you're black are higher in the UK or in the US or many other places in western Europe than in Japan, (in japan you'll be just a tourist), in the anglosphere you'll be a black woman (with all the stereotypes that come with it) and in many cases depending on who's looking at you a "n-word"

trust me, I lived outside this bubble called the western world long enough, it doesnt fool me!

have in mind the western world has a history of oppression, brutality, colonialism and slavery with africa... while japan has virtually nothing to do good or bad with africa, so you as a black woman won't have a stereotype other than what the japanese media exposes the japanese to as far as black people IE: michael jackson, hip pop, jazz etc. while in the western world as a black person you already have a sour past to begin with!!!

trust me.... the most racist places Ive been to have been western europe and north america (I've also been told India has serious issues with skin color, legacy of the british rulers and the caste system).... everywhere else is kinda meh (you'll find human prejudice, but it's not as ingrained in the people as it is in the US, UK or western europe in general), not even eastern Europe, I visited Budapest, prague, croatia and if anything they were largely curious to see black people... its in the west where blacks face stereotypes, the same west that enslaved them for 400 years!

Europe and North America are the most racist places on earth. I'm American and I've in Germany, Japan and the US. The US is the most racist developed nation by far, Germany has pockets of it and in Japan, I didn't notice any racism...Not sure why the western world wants them to look so bad in regard to racism...

Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Europe and North America are the most racist places on earth. I'm American and I've in Germany, Japan and the US. The US is the most racist developed nation by far, Germany has pockets of it and in Japan, I didn't notice any racism...Not sure why the western world wants them to look so bad in regard to racism...
There are several accounts of foreigner residents in Japan being denied housing, mortgages and credit cards, without ruling out all the "gaijin issue".
I'm curious, what episodes of racism did you see in Germany?

Old 02-23-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
There are several accounts of foreigner residents in Japan being denied housing, mortgages and credit cards, without ruling out all the "gaijin issue".
I'm curious, what episodes of racism did you see in Germany?
That also happens in Europe and the US

why do you think in the US they have laws regarding housing and job discrimination? there are AMERICANS who are not hired regardless of their qualifications simply because they're black and employers rather hire white ones.

and let's not even start with europe where africans and arabs are sometimes denied from renting because of their origin (look at switzerland how it denies housing to foreigners and prioritize hiring of swiss) the swiss by law have the right to make more money than foreigners while doing the same job (LOOK IT UP) IT IS A LAW IN FACT

last year france kicked out several EU citizens who were absolutely entitled to be in France because they were gypsies camping in a countryside area of central france.

there are towns in ireland where blacks are kicked out, (An arab store was burnt to the ground in northern ireland) like four years ago

in spain several informal moroccan merchants were kicked out of a town near barcelona because of nothing other than being moroccan (while the informal spanish merchants were allowed to stay) and the police looked the other way

look at the italian politician who proposed the segregation of trains in italy according to race and nationality!! forgetting that his fellow italians have migrated everywhere and have been victims of racism for CENTURIES!

I agree with CDW1084.... Japan is xenophobic and traditional and if you are there, you WILL RESPECT their tradition, nation and culture (they don't have the degeneration the western world has where everyone is completely self-absorbed and a wasteful degenerate, and cover it all with a brush of political correctness to pretend its all perfect)

as far as bigotry, brutality and racism... western europe and the US are world leaders!! Especially the US (what kind of country apart from south Africa in the 21st century still counts its citizens based on race despite science claiming races do not exist)

Old 02-23-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Absolutely agree with you

I wish I could find the video of this american-black girl who lives in Seoul (South Korea) and whose only complain is not being able to find hairstylists who can do african type hair.... other than that, she claims she never had an issue with any one and she's been there for four years now!

Old 02-23-2015, 04:01 PM

676 posts, read 989,692 times
Quote:
the thing is the western world is VERY QUICK at judging countries, yet they look at themselves very little

look at the UK asking for a boycott of the world cup in Russia because of military action in Ukraine, while asking to celebrate the world cup themselves instead, YET THERE ARE UK TROOPS DOING THE EXACT THING RUSSIANS ARE DOING IN UKRAINE, BUT IN AFGHANISTAN, IRAQ, SYRIA!

So tell me, how do u think people look at the UK, do u think they take them seriously?

Americans asking japan to own up and say they tortured millions in WWII, but they dropped two atomic bombs, and then after japan became peaceful america went to war in korea, vietnam, invaded grenada, iraq, afghanistan, panama, nicaragua, funded coup d'etats in chile, financed warfare in central america etc. etc.

so what do u think of an American in japan trying to school them on their evil WWII doings when her own country is pretty much A HUGE TROUBLEMAKER?

No the conflict in ukraine cannot be compared to the one in the middle east, western nations are attempting to stop the spread of terrorism

Japan was a fascist oppressive regime which did torture millions of people and which was allied with the nazis

You cannot compare the axis war crimes to the 2 nuclear bombs dropped on Japan, the americans dropped those 2 bombs to end the war quicker, by avoiding a land invasion they saved hundreds of thousands of Japanese people from dying in combat

Old 02-23-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Actually, there have been several documented cases of disproportionate police brutality in the US and almost overwhelmingly targeted against the African-American minority population. It's been a really bad year.

Anyhow, I prefer Japan overall. Japanese modern culture is more interesting to me since it seems a lot more idiosyncratic and closed off, and I prefer Japanese cuisine versus Italian cuisine. I like that Japan has these hyper-developed megalopolises where people are concentrated and then expanses of mountains, forests, and farms nearby.

African Americans commit more crime than other Americans, i don't really want to go down this road......

Old 02-23-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:

who exactly is the 'west' ?

you are anti-american and anti-European

Old 02-23-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:

hahahahahah

Europe and North America are the most advanced, civilized and tolerant societies on the entire Planet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World