Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 07:39 AM

723 posts, read 806,028 times

Advertisements

The country that gets high the most in the world is

1. The U.S.
2. U.K
3. Mexico
4. Afghanistan
5. China
6. Russia
7. France
8. None of the above, I would say this one ...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 07:42 AM

266 posts, read 674,262 times
Yemen - 90% of men and 25% of women get high on qat, a bitter plant they chew for 3-4 hrs a day - it's a mild narcotic on a par with marijuana (or even coffee), but after a while its amphetamine based stimulants cause excitement and euphoria, and a lack of inhibition similar to alcohol. It's a big social problem over there now as it can result in occasional hallucinations, psychosis in the predisposed and withdrawal causes depression.

My mates used to get into it a few years ago by visiting the Yemeni or Somali districts in town, until the UK govt controlled it's use in 2011, and outright banned it in 2014 - one of the last places to do so. It's perfectly legal in the Horn of Africa and Yemen, and in it's raw form in Israel. Although banned elsewhere there is high illegal usage on the Arabian peninsular, parts of SE Asia and tropical China.

Last edited by smool; 02-21-2015 at 07:55 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 06:30 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
Surprisingly the country with the most annual use of cannabis is Papua New Guinea, where 29% of the local population has gotten high at least once in the last year, the first developed country to make this list is the Czech Republic (which is in 7th place, 16,2%), shortly followed by Andorra, Italy and New Zealand (joint 8ths, 15,6%) , the USA is 11th (13,7%), Canada is 12th (12,6%), whereas the Netherlands surpringly rank 52th (5,4%), even behind the likes of Egypt and Algeria

Annual cannabis use by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-22-2015, 11:39 AM

723 posts, read 806,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Surprisingly the country with the most annual use of cannabis is Papua New Guinea, where 29% of the local population has gotten high at least once in the last year, the first developed country to make this list is the Czech Republic (which is in 7th place, 16,2%), shortly followed by Andorra, Italy and New Zealand (joint 8ths, 15,6%) , the USA is 11th (13,7%), Canada is 12th (12,6%), whereas the Netherlands surpringly rank 52th (5,4%), even behind the likes of Egypt and Algeria

Annual cannabis use by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We are 11th ??? I thought It was worse than that.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:58 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Russia, Iran, Myanmar and all the -Stans especially Afghani.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:37 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smool View Post
Yemen - 90% of men and 25% of women get high on qat, a bitter plant they chew for 3-4 hrs a day - it's a mild narcotic on a par with marijuana (or even coffee), but after a while its amphetamine based stimulants cause excitement and euphoria, and a lack of inhibition similar to alcohol. It's a big social problem over there now as it can result in occasional hallucinations, psychosis in the predisposed and withdrawal causes depression.

My mates used to get into it a few years ago by visiting the Yemeni or Somali districts in town, until the UK govt controlled it's use in 2011, and outright banned it in 2014 - one of the last places to do so. It's perfectly legal in the Horn of Africa and Yemen, and in it's raw form in Israel. Although banned elsewhere there is high illegal usage on the Arabian peninsular, parts of SE Asia and tropical China.
I recognized this from the Captain Phillips movie with Tom Hanks

'Captain Phillips' review: Tom Hanks goes through the wringer in intense, realistic thriller

...khat leaves, a natural stimulant similar to amphetamines.

'Captain Phillips' review: Tom Hanks goes through the wringer in intense, realistic thriller | MLive.com

Old 02-22-2015, 04:39 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
We are 11th ??? I thought It was worse than that.
Yeah, you are 11th, i'm surprised by how high my country, Italy is ranked, use of cannabis is so widespread yet our politicians rarely talk about legalizing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World