Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 06:01 PM

24,144 posts, read 24,729,200 times

Advertisements

I began to think about this, and life and death in general, and thought about "what if".

Sure, I would certainly sacrifice myself on the behalf of Finland without any hesitation, but I equally think what if Sweden was attacked, I would give my life for their integrity.

What about you? Of the same opinion or do you take the first plane to Brazil if something happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 06:04 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,441,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I began to think about this, and life and death in general, and thought about "what if".

Sure, I would certainly sacrifice myself on the behalf of Finland without any hesitation, but I equally think what if Sweden was attacked, I would give my life for their integrity.
Cool are you part of the Finnish Defense Forces or do you plan on enlisting?

Quote:
What about you? Of the same opinion or do you take the first plane to Brazil if something happens?
No, i do not want to die. i will just go to Canada

Old 02-22-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Cool are you part of the Finnish Defense Forces or do you plan on enlisting?
Yes, I'm a Medical Sergeant in reserve.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Cool, that's awesome.

i thought about joining the US Marines but i am very weak... tall and skinny and i can't even do 2 push ups

Would you give your life for other European nations or NATO nations? (yes i know Finland isn't part of NATO)

Old 02-22-2015, 06:13 PM

846 posts, read 1,059,851 times
Not for my country, not for another country, yes for the people I love.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:17 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,857,425 times
Quote:
What is a Medical Sergeant? Just curious because I'm in the medical field.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Cool, that's awesome.

i thought about joining the US Marines but i am very weak... tall and skinny and i can't even do 2 push ups

Would you give your life for other European nations or NATO nations? (yes i know Finland isn't part of NATO)
Start regular physical training and join the US Navy! I know the pay is bad at first, but you have wits, so you'll rise the ranks eventually!

No, I couldn't justify myself to sacrifice before any country except my own and Sweden. Even Norway could be a stretch, though I've probably volunteer nevertheless. So count Norway as well there.

We Finns like, sorry, love war, so without a doubt some of us would go anywhere. Some of us went to Bosnia, Afghanistan and Lebanon just to get some. And when they didn't, they were jealous like hell towards the Danish who got some in Afghanistan.

Hence the question I stated in this thread.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:21 PM

2,975 posts, read 2,804,634 times
Depends on the context, if i had to defend my country and my people from invasors of whatever background they are, i would, but if i had to die for my country while it's actually attacking they sovereignty of another country, whoever that may be, i wouldn't.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Start regular physical training and join the US Navy! I know the pay is bad at first, but you have wits, so you'll rise the ranks eventually!

No, I couldn't justify myself to sacrifice before any country except my own and Sweden. Even Norway could be a stretch, though I've probably volunteer nevertheless. So count Norway as well there.

We Finns like, sorry, love war, so without a doubt some of us would go anywhere. Hence the question I stated in this thread,
I have attempted that many times.

First i need to master the are of not being lazy.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:30 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,216,152 times
Got to be honest, for this country it would be tough. In the past, yes, now? Not so much. And I'm a vet. Why? The President and his behavior. Same with Holder. Not a chance. that and most of his constituents.

Other countries??? Really, really depends.

Maybe the President should put Basha or Khashi or whatever that kids name is as one of the FIRST boots on the ground in the soon-to-be middle east war games. Same goes for Hillary and Bill's kid. Time they are front and center so they pay closer attention this time. Might bring back the word fair in society, huh?

You know, just as "advisors". That's how we start most conflicts. Worked in Viet Nam and it can work for these kids too. Sure. Never ever thought I could feel this way but, until Mongol hordes show up here, is we noooo reason to go over there. Until we are committed to using massive bombing force juuuuust short of nuclear, there is no point. That and accepting some collateral damage. Have a exit strategy above all.

Lose your life for this country??? Not anymore. Not until we get some "minds right". I've got a kid that is a combat medic and I'm not thrilled watching the tube nowadays. We just don't prosecute wars like we should.

Maybe if we started sending college professors, politicians kids, immigrants legal and otherwise, über liberals to include Bill Ayers, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson to the FRONT lines then you know, maybe. I've got a feeling if we did that, there would be no more Democrats. They would simply be an odd group that gets egged at parades. But I digress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World