Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 06:18 AM

603 posts, read 573,164 times

Advertisements

This thread is NOT for:

- A general discussion of Covid
- Support for, or criticism of any specific treatment
- Discussion of the usefulness or lack thereof of vaccines.

This thread is ONLY to OBJECTIVELY report the state of vaccine passports and mandates in various countries. By keeping this opinion free, we can create a useful data set for everyone, regardless of their opinions.

I'll start:

United States as of 8/25/2021: The government is discussing whether or not to allow unvaccinated foreign citizens to travel to the United States. Vaccine passports are implemented in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, but not in the majority of locations around the country. Some employers are requiring their employees to be vaccinated or face termination.
Mask use is required on public transportation, in airports, in hospitals, in doctors offices, and in some public schools depending on their location.

Use that as a template.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 07:52 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
In Canada public health is the individual responsibility of our 10 provinces.

In terms of vaccine passports I believe two provinces have announced they are going full-steam ahead with them: Quebec (#2 in population) and British Columbia (#3).

Quebec actually announced yesterday there will be two "apps": one for citizens as proof and one for business owners to verify the passports.

It will be mandatory in Quebec as of Sept. 1 to enter restaurants, bars, gyms, cinemas, theatres, sports facilities, etc.

I believe the 8 other provinces (except Qc and BC) are debating vaccination passports right now, though the degree to which that could be applied and how quickly varies a lot.

In Quebec we've had downloadable PDF vaccination proofs for quite some time, and so moving to the app should be fairly easy.

I believe some of the other provinces (including Ontario maybe?) only have paper slips from clinics or pharmacies that prove you were vaccinated.

In terms of masking, it varies across Canada but most of the large provinces still require masks when walking around in any indoor places that aren't a private home.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:56 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

In terms of vaccine passports I believe two provinces have announced they are going full-steam ahead with them: Quebec (#2 in population) and British Columbia (#3).

Quebec actually announced yesterday there will be two "apps": one for citizens as proof and one for business owners to verify the passports.

It will be mandatory in Quebec as of Sept. 1 to enter restaurants, bars, gyms, cinemas, theatres, sports facilities, etc.
How does this apply for kids under 12? Are they exempt, or are they simply forbidden to enter indoor establishments?

Old 08-25-2021, 06:53 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

I believe the 8 other provinces (except Qc and BC) are debating vaccination passports right now, though the degree to which that could be applied and how quickly varies a lot.

In Quebec we've had downloadable PDF vaccination proofs for quite some time, and so moving to the app should be fairly easy.

I believe some of the other provinces (including Ontario maybe?) only have paper slips from clinics or pharmacies that prove you were vaccinated.

In terms of masking, it varies across Canada but most of the large provinces still require masks when walking around in any indoor places that aren't a private home.
In BC all your health records, including Covid test results and vaccination records can be accessed online through the Health Gateway site or app.

https://www.healthgateway.gov.bc.ca

I believe vaccination passports start here on September 13th. The process was simple. Download the BC Services Card app, take a photo of your card, take a photo of yourself, and within a few hours get confirmation that it's done. You can also do a live video with a rep to get verified or choose the option to visit a BC Services office. The app walks you through the process and makes it simple.

Old 08-25-2021, 07:23 PM

Anyone in Portugal, other EU countries, the Nordic Countries, or eastern europe have any data?

Old 08-25-2021, 08:50 PM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
How does this apply for kids under 12? Are they exempt, or are they simply forbidden to enter indoor establishments?
I believe they will be exempt but over a certain age they need to wear masks. Including in school.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:44 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Poland:
masks are required in indoor public places and transportation. Stores have posted limits how many customers can be inside. People wear masks and patiently wait to enter. Social distancing is recommended.
Rapid tests are available in stores: 20 for $12
Didn't notice any rebels or public disturbance d/t wearing masks.
Touch free desinfection stations with liquid alcohol and plastic gloves are literally everywhere, some also have masks. Free.

Store security is enforcing (friendly but firm) wearing masks before entering in most places.
Kids of all ages (except babies and toddlers) wear masks indoors.
Restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters, stores etc. are open, normal business hours apply.
Coronavirus regulations in Poland | Kids in the City

School starts on Sept. 1, so I am not sure yet if masks will be enforced.
Lots of tourists in my city, although we entered a cool front and rainy weather, so beaches are pretty empty right now.
According to:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
we're doing pretty good right now.
The restrictions will be re-evaluated on August 31th.

An EU vaccine "passport" is being introduced across all 27 member nations - plus Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
EU & UK vaccination passports are officially recognised by IATA Travel Pass.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...-need-to-know/

The EU is to discuss tomorrow reimposing Covid-Related travel curbs on U.S. The US will be most likely restricted due soaring number of new infections.
https://www.livemint.com/news/world/...908714050.html

Last edited by elnina; 08-25-2021 at 10:01 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 02:59 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,605,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
Anyone in Portugal, other EU countries, the Nordic Countries, or eastern europe have any data?
Yeah, there is an EU Covid Digital Certificate that you can download through your respective country's health service after you have been fully vaccinated, or recovered from COVID (in which case it is valid for 6 months after your positive COVID case). Currently, you can travel around the EU with this pass, or you have to show a negative antigen, or PCR test from within the past 48 hours (depending on the country). Some countries, such as Germany, also require you to quarantine for 5 days, depending on which country you're travelling from, if you are not vaccinated and don't have the Digital Certificate.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:23 AM

Curious to know if the EU vaccine passport will make an accomodation for those people who have contracted Covid and have proven immunity by way of a positive antibody or T-cell test, or test negative by PCR/Antigen test?

At least those jurisdictions in the US that have implemented this appear to make no such exceptions.

Anyone from eastern europe/Russia/central america/south america?

I saw this website that may be useful.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countr...-requirements/

Old 08-26-2021, 10:17 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
What do you mean by Vaccine Passport. I think it is used very differently by different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World