Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 03:18 PM

270 posts, read 838,717 times

Advertisements

Between these cultural giants, which one would you say has a warmer culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 03:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Please define what "warmer culture" means. Food culturing in a lovely pot of 四川火锅 is damn delicious.

Oh, we're talking about stereotypes, sorry. Well, all the Chinese are rude, pushy, disgusting, and somewhat xenophobic and all Indians are racist, xenophobic misogynistic, disgusting, and rape happy.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:50 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
I actually don't find the Chinese immigrants living in the United States not rude for the most part that stereo type isn't correct in my opinion most are actually quite polite and chatty sometimes once the ice is broken.

With Indians it varies quite a bit more I think. I find some individuals can be quite blunt and abrasive with those that they view as not up to their level, but others are quite pleasant it varies quite a bit. I find there is much more variation in "Indian Culture" too complex to make generalizations.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I actually don't find the Chinese immigrants living in the United States not rude for the most part that stereo type isn't correct in my opinion most are actually quite polite and chatty sometimes once the ice is broken.

With Indians it varies quite a bit more I think. I find some individuals can be quite blunt and abrasive with those that they view as not up to their level, but others are quite pleasant it varies quite a bit. I find there is much more variation in "Indian Culture" too complex to make generalizations.
I was talking about Chinese in China, not immigrant communities, same for Indians.

No, no. All Indians are smelly, racist, xenophobic, and perverted. Generalizations and stereotypes are what fuel the World and Europe forums, get with the program, son

Old 04-21-2015, 04:08 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I was talking about Chinese in China, not immigrant communities, same for Indians.

No, no. All Indians are smelly, racist, xenophobic, and perverted. Generalizations and stereotypes are what fuel the World and Europe forums, get with the program, son

I know, I was responding to those stereo types you mentioned not your post specifically. I speak from what my experieces are I haven't been to India or China but have had expose to people who are recent immigrants from there.

Give me some credit I don't typically toot my own horn but I know what time of day it is.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:11 PM

71 posts, read 79,405 times
India culture is a **** for me.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:02 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream-Seller View Post
India culture is a **** for me.
Why?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:28 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Difficult to judge, because of language difficulties. In China, my Mandarin wasn't good enough for casual convesation, and I rarely encountered anyone who could speak English in the hinterlands, but I found people generally very hospitable and welcoming. But I have heard that in the 20 years since my visit, that has changed considerably for the worse

In India, English is not as universally spoken as one would expect, so in the countryside, it is not easy to relate to people. In the northeastern states of India I visited (Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim), the people seemed quite standoffish.

There is, in any random grouping of people, a gradient from the very friendly to the vary unfriendly, and one's impression arises from whom one has a chance encounter with.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,388,854 times
Indians and Chinese are both ''not like us'' so automatically their culture is neither warm or cold its weird and smelly like what Unbrainwashed said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World