Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,199 times

Advertisements

Dear Sir/Madam,I like Beijing very much, like Great Wall, Forbidden City , XX etc... Originally, I plan to visit Beijing many times in the future, but when I travel to Temple of Heaven and buy ticket, a man suddenly jump the queue. I politely told him to follow the queue, but he ask whey he need to follow the queue. So I blame him that he is very impolite and low education level. Then a guy in front of him (a tour guide from 海景旅遊) said only Beijing people can jump the queue, people come from Southern area cannot jump the queue. I feel shock and don't understand why he said this because I come from Singapore. He is very rude and offensive. I feel very disappointed for this trip. I spent 4000 US dollars and a week holiday to Beijing and the result is facing this kind of rude and uneducated Beijing people. I will tell all my friends and relatives not to travel to Beijing!!!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-X...3-deb1e9578c87

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-d...9-19f43ce60aa6

Last edited by leeking2618; 04-20-2015 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
You don't say? A shock!

The Chinese is in my experience are the most impolite and arrogant people on this planet.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,714,912 times
The Chinese in general don't respect order and have the tendency to break the rules and skip lines whenever they think it is possible - that's really a negative side of the Chinese culture. The younger generation is doing better, and the south does better than north, cities better than country side.

However, to advise not visit Beijing due to this is a bit dramatic. You could confront him and refuse to allow him to jump ahead. When you visit any place, you should expect a certain level of cultural shock, although much of it might not be pleasant.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:54 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeking2618 View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,I like Beijing very much, like Great Wall, Forbidden City , XX etc... Originally, I plan to visit Beijing many times in the future, but when I travel to Temple of Heaven and buy ticket, a man suddenly jump the queue. I politely told him to follow the queue, but he ask whey he need to follow the queue. So I blame him that he is very impolite and low education level. Then a guy in front of him (a tour guide from 海景旅遊) said only Beijing people can jump the queue, people come from Southern area cannot jump the queue. I feel shock and don't understand why he said this because I come from Singapore. He is very rude and offensive. I feel very disappointed for this trip. I spent 4000 US dollars and a week holiday to Beijing and the result is facing this kind of rude and uneducated Beijing people. I will tell all my friends and relatives not to travel to Beijing!!!

Wow how is this even legal? Posting pictures of a random guy on the internet without blurring his face?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:08 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Wow wouldn't this be illegal? Posting pictures of a random guy on the internet without blurring his face?
What would be the point then?

Anyway, when I was in Beijing I had problems finding a suitable hotel apparently because they have some law that only hotels that have certain standards can accommodate foreigners. I didn't wanna stay in any fancy hotels and spend unnecessary money on it. So I was basically kicked out from the first hotel where I had checked in thanks to inexperienced receptionists So I kept looking for different one but that wasn't that easy, 2 hotels turned me down instantly but again the receptionists lacking experience accepted me. When their shift had ended another, more experienced one took over and instantly called the police when she saw me Fortunately the policeman was kinda drunk and he didn't care much and said it was fine.

Still don't know if such a law exists that forbids lower budget hotels accepting foreigners.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:23 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,714,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
What would be the point then?

Anyway, when I was in Beijing I had problems finding a suitable hotel apparently because they have some law that only hotels that have certain standards can accommodate foreigners. I didn't wanna stay in any fancy hotels and spend unnecessary money on it. So I was basically kicked out from the first hotel where I had checked in thanks to inexperienced receptionists So I kept looking for different one but that wasn't that easy, 2 hotels turned me down instantly but again the receptionists lacking experience accepted me. When their shift had ended another, more experienced one took over and instantly called the police when she saw me Fortunately the policeman was kinda drunk and he didn't care much and said it was fine.

Still don't know if such a law exists that forbids lower budget hotels accepting foreigners.
Yes.
Only certain hotels are allowed to accepting foreign guests (including Hong Kong and Taiwan).
you know, when you are in Rome.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:09 PM

844 posts, read 1,062,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You don't say? A shock!

The Chinese is in my experience are the most impolite and arrogant people on this planet.
Worst than those evil ol' Russians? Shocking, definitely shocking

OP there are impolite people everywhere, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with such rubbish thread.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:19 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,888,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeking2618 View Post

You feel disappointed because of one rude person seriously? You're joking right? No offense intended but it seems so trivial in my opinion, but you're in luck here's a piece of advice I won't even charge you for it.

GET OVER IT life's too short to worry about one rude guy.

Last edited by AFP; 04-20-2015 at 05:35 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times
Just move on and focus on pleasant things for your trip.

When I was in Italy, an old Italian woman suddenly shouted at me and tried to attack me for no reason. She shouted in Italian and I asked other people to tell me what she was saying but no one helped me. I asked a man but he could speak English either, but he looked at me with some sympathy.

I suppose it was some racist rant. At least foreigners don't get this in China!

Old 04-20-2015, 10:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
OP, I got shouted at in Germany by some old lady for standing in front of the train doors. Shouted at. I didn't care, grow some cojones, or are you trying to make some sort of agenda?

Ahh, I just noticed. New member single post. Smells like troll thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World