Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 04:05 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times

Advertisements

There's a lot of green space in London you may like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 05:39 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,699,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
There's a lot of green space in London you may like it.
I'm sure London has some nice parks but doesn't compare to the amount of parks and even wilderness almost right on my doorstep

Old 05-16-2015, 05:42 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I'm sure London has some nice parks but doesn't compare to the amount of parks and even wilderness almost right on my doorstep
Having been to London, and living in Vancouver, I'd say they both do well. True Vancouver offers true wilderness areas, and the city is fresher etc, but London has so much to offer, besides just it's parks.

The amount of National Trust properties with amazing gardens and historical significance is something Vancouver I"m afraid can not compete with.

Of course it depends what your preference is, and mine is Vancouver to live....but London to visit and enjoy.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:51 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,699,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Having been to London, and living in Vancouver, I'd say they both do well. True Vancouver offers true wilderness areas, and the city is fresher etc, but London has so much to offer, besides just it's parks.

The amount of National Trust properties with amazing gardens and historical significance is something Vancouver I"m afraid can not compete with.

Of course it depends what your preference is, and mine is Vancouver to live....but London to visit and enjoy.
Yeah no question London is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to history, culture and urban architecture but I like smaller cities to begin with and London would be too big for me. I like a nice mix of urban and wilderness and few cities in the world can match Vancouver in that regard IMO

Old 05-16-2015, 06:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Yeah no question London is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to history, culture and urban architecture but I like smaller cities to begin with and London would be too big for me. I like a nice mix of urban and wilderness and few cities in the world can match Vancouver in that regard IMO
I agree with you. I find Vancouver to be the right mix for me as well.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:35 PM

3,865 posts, read 5,289,162 times
Vancouver for me is a nice city to visit, I always enjoy my time there. I do not think I would enjoy living there though. London on the other hand is a place I would make huge changes in my life to have the opportunity to live there again, I feel like my time there was cut way too short. One of my favorite places on earth.

So easily London for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World