Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 10:58 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ok, it sounds like you live in an open air asylum of sorts LOL. Sounds like the other girl is jealous. Just keep being yourself and ignore her.
LOLOL! Yes, this, in a nutshell, OP. Don't worry about it. The American is clearly not a happy person, so there's nothing you can do. Just be polite whenever you have to interact with her, and leave it at that.

BTW, I don't know about Columbia, but Ecuadoran women would never swim naked with men. With the possible exception of upper-class Ecuadoran women, but still... it's a very modest culture. Quechua culture is downright Victorian.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:31 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,725,093 times
As an American male in my late 30s, I love going to camps in Namibia so I can **** of Latin Americans and Europeans.

Anyways...this has been one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while. Please continue. Mod - just let this one go on for infinity please.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:17 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Yes some of your posts are really negative and you rarely say anything good about the USA. It really does look like you like to talk trash about the USA and Americans. I don't have any negative views on Colombians. I really do think your negative views of the USA and Americans could be linked to role the US played in Latin America related to the war on drugs and its impact on the lives of Colombians, but only you would know if that is true.

The US war on drugs and its legacy in Latin America | Global Development Professionals Network | The Guardian
wow in some posts I say many Americans are obsessed with skin colors and races = (to your mind) I must hate Americans

Old 05-15-2015, 12:25 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
wow in some posts I say many Americans are obsessed with skin colors and races = (to your mind) I must hate Americans

Than you should fit right in

Old 05-15-2015, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Than you should fit right in
Sure!! I spend my days here talking about skin colors and races and heritages like a lot of Americans do on the European forum!

look at my message history on my profile.... and please show me where I create such messages.

I mostly talk about cities and countries Ive visited.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Sure!! I spend my days here talking about skin colors and races and heritages like a lot of Americans do on the European forum!

look at my message history on my profile.... and please show me where I create such messages.

I mostly talk about cities and countries Ive visited.
Its the whole division thing, (you are doing it right now btw)..

dividing people by nationality. you are on the same boat as people who divide people by race, heritage and religion... you are the same as them.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its the whole division thing, (you are doing it right now btw)..

dividing people by nationality. you are on the same boat as people who divide people by race, heritage and religion... you are the same as them.
I am just giving an observation of what Ive seen based on the individual nationalities

that is very different from going to the European forum to drive europeans crazy talking about skin colors and blue eyes and blond hair which is what a lot of americans do.

that observation however doesn't make me anti-american in any way shape or form

life is too short to spend it having negative feelings towards millions of people, most of whom I won't even get to meet, I have bigger things to worry about.

Now Ive been honest about certain countries being a bit overrated especially first world countries, that doesn't mean I hate people from there

Old 05-15-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I am just giving an observation of what Ive seen based on the individual nationalities

that is very different from going to the European forum to drive europeans crazy talking about skin colors and blue eyes and blond hair which is what a lot of americans do.

that observation however doesn't make me anti-american in any way shape or form

life is too short to spend it having negative feelings towards millions of people, most of whom I won't even get to meet.

I have bigger things to worry about, not about nationalities like some people here do.

Now Ive been honest about certain countries being a bit overrated especially first world countries, that doesn't mean I hate people from there
Its an American site so you will probably have a lot of observations on Americans here

I agree, that observation doesn't make you anti-American.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 AM

for example I was accused of hating british people by some sensitive british here simply because I said I didn't find london to be that WOW!
I felt more impressed by NYC or Paris
so then I get accused of I am just a troll who hates the brits!!

I also mentioned many Americans on this forum are sickly obsessed with skin colors, putting people into neat little race boxes, and then acting super-sensitive when confronted about it, which is an observation many other posters have done, so suddenly I am anti-American.

let's not even start with how much I hate Australians because I said Australia was beautiful but I wasn't particularly impressed with Sydney.

oh and Canada!! I said once, Canada is kinda racist with the natives of canada, and that image of environmentalist stronghold eco-green friendly is also quite inaccurate as they have really bad environmental records, they must have a really good image consultant because when you look at some statistics Canada isn't exactly that great! Nor they are exactly very welcoming to tourists (but you can google that yourself), and as a result, I get people claiming I am obsessed with Canadians and I hate them.

its amazing how sensitive people are about their countries, as if their countries defined them as the individuals they are.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
for example I was accused of hating british people by some sensitive british here simply because I said I didn't find london to be that WOW!
I felt more impressed by NYC or Paris
so then I get accused of I am just a troll who hates the brits!!

I also mentioned many Americans on this forum are sickly obsessed with skin colors, putting people into neat little race boxes, and then acting super-sensitive when confronted about it, which is an observation many other posters have done, so suddenly I am anti-American.

let's not even start with how much I hate Australians because I said Australia was beautiful but I wasn't particularly impressed with Sydney.

oh and Canada!! I said once, Canada is kinda racist with the natives of canada, and that image of environmentalist stronghold eco-green friendly is also quite inaccurate as they have really bad environmental records, they must have a really good image consultant because when you look at some statistics Canada isn't exactly that great! Nor they are exactly very welcoming to tourists (but you can google that yourself), and as a result, I get people claiming I am obsessed with Canadians and I hate them.

its amazing how sensitive people are about their countries, as if their countries defined them as the individuals they are.
Ah now i see your point of view

Don't worry about what these people think, just go swim with some naked dudes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World