Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:42 PM

509 posts, read 554,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
on the way back the American girl said, in my culture... a naked woman with a bunch of naked men swimming at a lake means NO NO NO... (she said it like trying to tell me I am a ****)
but in my colombian culture a woman who shows her body off is actually a sign of security and confidence.....
In the US a girl who does this will be labeled a ****, not secure or confident in the least. People will look down on her. Not to mention she has probably been warned her whole life that being in a situation like this can lead to rape and other unfortunate situations.

As far as the complaining, that's all her, not an American woman thing. Maybe she complains about everything everywhere including in her own home. Maybe she just isn't having a good time and wants to go home. Perhaps she wants to hang out with more hetero girls or people more like her. At the very least, she may want to be around people who keep their clothes on-as is expected in American culture. All the nudity is probably making her uncomfortable.

Regardless I can't even tell if this is a real post or if you are just baiting us with the plot for a book you are writing.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:54 PM

514 posts, read 471,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerin View Post
In the US a girl who does this will be labeled a ****, not secure or confident in the least. People will look down on her. Not to mention she has probably been warned her whole life that being in a situation like this can lead to rape and other unfortunate situations.

As far as the complaining, that's all her, not an American woman thing. Maybe she complains about everything everywhere including in her own home. Maybe she just isn't having a good time and wants to go home. Perhaps she wants to hang out with more hetero girls or people more like her. At the very least, she may want to be around people who keep their clothes on-as is expected in American culture. All the nudity is probably making her uncomfortable.

Regardless I can't even tell if this is a real post or if you are just baiting us with the plot for a book you are writing.
I don't buy the story at all. It looks like the kind of half baked plot and characterization a teenager would think up, right down to the make up and behavior of the camp group. I think the OP is on a high fantasy trip.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:23 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
tfw this has 52 replies

Old 05-14-2015, 06:33 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
I don't buy the story at all. It looks like the kind of half baked plot and characterization a teenager would think up, right down to the make up and behavior of the camp group. I think the OP is on a high fantasy trip.
It's not real, she has a preoccupation with Americans.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
I always thought it was funny that Irene's view of people was oddly stereotypical, just like this thread. Plus, if she really is Colombian, she is definitely in the 5% or less of the population that go swimming nude on a beach. This is not typical Latina behavior, despite what she says. I know better than that and I don't buy it

Old 05-14-2015, 07:29 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerin View Post

I agree with this post.

It's not the public nudity alone, but the context of the situation that causes some upheaval. If this was some kind of hippie-themed camp where everyone has long dreadlocks and a ton of body hair and they are promoting some kind of au naturel theme - and if everyone was physically unattractive - then maybe that would have less of a sexual connotation. But if these are young, attractive, neatly groomed hetero folks...I dunno, I would probably question the motive. Especially when it's one female and a group of males. I'm sorry, but that's bound to raise some eyebrows.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:47 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Ok, well to me you aren't an American, especially if you moved there after the age of 5. But anyway thats your call.
Huh?

Old 05-14-2015, 07:49 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
Something about this thread doesn't seem right. And I'm not taking the bait.
Haha. By the way what is this camp about?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:04 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
What is this "camp" you're describing ? Big Brother ?
if there is some kind of work to do in camp (I doubt it) when do you find the time off your ....er...distractions to do the job ?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
so much animosity and negativity

Ariete, thank you for your lovely comments

people relax.... life is SOOOOOO SHORT and some of you have so much anger and just unhappy for something probably irrelevant!

just enjoy, smile, today you're healthy fine, tomorrow you might not, tomorrow the ride might be over for all you know and once the ride is over, it will be over forever, so you only have THIS ONE CHANCE, so drop all this angst!

As for the American girl I will have my conversation with her and we'll settled our differences and then go on our ways!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.