Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 12:09 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,061 times

Advertisements

I am on a camp in Namibia until September with seven more people

the nationalities are:

2 German (girl and guy)
1 Finnish (guy)
1 Israeli (guy)
1 British (girl)
1 American (girl)
1 Colombian (me and girl)
1 Indian (guy)

I've noticed a pattern

the Germans are very proper and only talk about certain things most intellectual, they are cool, friendly and open minded and won't hesitate to go naked, and to be easygoing with everyone but often do tend to keep their distance when it comes to a deeper connection.

the Finnish is cold and quiet and hot, he is very attracted to me and I tease him and he loves it but you always have to be the one who teases him, he will not dare to do it. When he gets drunk he tells me I am beautiful and he likes me but only after some drinks.

the israeli wants me and he is hot, and I also tease him but he knows but he can see the Finnish guy likes me so he doesn't do anything in front of the Finnish guy, but when we're alone he likes to push the limits and tease me very openly and tells me naughty stuff and he can be very open with me and is actually very into making sure I am ok, well, safe etc.

the british guy always wants to hang out with the american girl and speak english with the germans all the time and nag and complain but also loves to explore and has a crazy side to him, especially when he is drunk he likes to flash his body parts and get crazy

the american girl wants to whine and complain all the time, namibian food is gross, the weather is too dry, the facilities suck, the shopping is bad, it's too cold, its too hot, its too humid, its too dry..... and now she's gained the reputation of being difficult, she has a serious beef towards me, I don't know why but she cannot simply accept me.

the indian guy is shy, quiet, and likes to take the backseat as an observer, mostly talks when he is talked to.

me the colombian, I am the outspoken one, the one who goes out in tiny cloths and dances and parties with the boys and swims naked with them and laughs.... the men really like me and enjoy taking me out for dinner and drinks and the german girl and the indian guy like me and think i am fun, but the american girl cannot stand me and she has made it very clear!

last night we went swimming after we have done our work and the israeli guy got totally naked, so did the german and the Finnish, and I did too and the american girl didn't.... while the german girl was tanning quiet on the other side and the indian also sat there quiet.

on the way back the American girl said, in my culture... a naked woman with a bunch of naked men swimming at a lake means NO NO NO... (she said it like trying to tell me I am a ****)
but in my colombian culture a woman who shows her body off is actually a sign of security and confidence.....

what is the issue here?

why am I being ostracized by her? if I want to be naked let me be... I do work out daily to keep in good shape so what is her beef?

I also mentioned once that ireland is too rainy and she told me that she's irish descendant and I am just rude and mean (what is that woman's beef?)

the israeli guy tells me to ignore her, she's a whiny bore but I never had issues like this with other american girls I met before.

Am I being in way offensive?

Old 05-13-2015, 12:28 PM

3,973 posts, read 6,778,986 times
wow....

camps in Namibia are quite interesting...

Old 05-13-2015, 12:36 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post

the nationalities are:

2 German (girl and guy)
1 Finnish (guy)
1 Israeli (guy)
1 British (girl)
1 American (girl)
1 Indian (guy)

I've noticed a pattern

the Germans are very proper and only talk about certain things most intellectual, they are cool, friendly and open minded and won't hesitate to go naked, and to be easygoing with everyone but often do tend to keep their distance when it comes to a deeper connection.

the Finnish is cold and quiet and hot, he is very attracted to me and I tease him and he loves it but you always have to be the one who teases him, he will not dare to do it. When he gets drunk he tells me I am beautiful and he likes me but only after some drinks.

the israeli wants me and he is hot, and I also tease him but he knows but he can see the Finnish guy likes me so he doesn't do anything in front of the Finnish guy, but when we're alone he likes to push the limits and tease me very openly and tells me naughty stuff and he can be very open with me and is actually very into making sure I am ok, well, safe etc.

the british guy always wants to hang out with the american girl and speak english with the germans all the time and nag and complain but also loves to explore and has a crazy side to him, especially when he is drunk he likes to flash his body parts and get crazy

the american girl wants to whine and complain all the time, namibian food is gross, the weather is too dry, the facilities suck, the shopping is bad, it's too cold, its too hot, its too humid, its too dry..... and now she's gained the reputation of being difficult, she has a serious beef towards me, I don't know why but she cannot simply accept me.

the indian guy is shy, quiet, and likes to take the backseat as an observer, mostly talks when he is talked to.

me the colombian, I am the outspoken one, the one who goes out in tiny cloths and dances and parties with the boys and swims naked with them and laughs.... the men really like me and enjoy taking me out for dinner and drinks and the german girl and the indian guy like me and think i am fun, but the american girl cannot stand me and she has made it very clear!

last night we went swimming after we have done our work and the israeli guy got totally naked, so did the german and the Finnish, and I did too and the american girl didn't.... while the german girl was tanning quiet on the other side and the indian also sat there quiet.

on the way back the American girl said, in my culture... a naked woman with a bunch of naked men swimming at a lake means NO NO NO... (she said it like trying to tell me I am a ****)
but in my colombian culture a woman who shows her body off is actually a sign of security and confidence.....

what is the issue here?

why am I being ostracized by her? if I want to be naked let me be... I do work out daily to keep in good shape so what is her beef?

I also mentioned once that ireland is too rainy and she told me that she's irish descendant and I am just rude and mean (what is that woman's beef?)

the israeli guy tells me to ignore her, she's a whiny bore but I never had issues like this with other american girls I met before.

Ok, in order to give an honest opinion, I need to see pics of you

Ok, it sounds like you live in an open air asylum of sorts LOL. Sounds like the other girl is jealous. Just keep being yourself and ignore her.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:53 PM

225 posts, read 216,282 times
Something about this thread doesn't seem right. And I'm not taking the bait.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:58 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post

the nationalities are:

2 German (girl and guy)
1 Finnish (guy)
1 Israeli (guy)
1 British (girl)
1 American (girl)
1 Indian (guy)

I've noticed a pattern

what is the issue here?

Apparantly you are not accepting of her either.

When you are not in Columbia it is generally best not to do the things that are accepted as normal in your country.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:08 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,200 times
Less traveled Americans are always shocked because they never leave their country and think that everything will be the same as America. They never think that we might drive on the different side of the road, use different currency, have different plug sockets, use celcius etc.

They don't really need to leave their country for holidays.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:29 PM

844 posts, read 1,062,957 times
If in real life you act the same way you do here, I can believe her being offended by you. If it was me in your place, I'd hate to be in a group where there's resentment and negative vibes. So she is the way she is, and so are you. Why don't try being nice to her -or at least ignore her comments- for the sake of everyone in the camp.
The chemistry seems off right now, but who knows, maybe if you get to know each other, you might learn to respect others pow, stop being too sensitive and too judgmental. Maybe, in the end the two of you even become good friends.

Buena suerte

Old 05-13-2015, 01:31 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,888,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Less traveled Americans are always shocked because they never leave their country and think that everything will be the same as America. They never think that we might drive on the different side of the road, use different currency, have different plug sockets, use celcius etc.

Sounds like you think we're all a bunch of hillbillies Where do you get that from?

Hillbilly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:HatfieldClan.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-13-2015, 01:34 PM

844 posts, read 1,062,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post

I won't say such attitudes are exclusive to Americans. There are plenty of narrow minded people all over the globe.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:40 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,247,401 times
From this story it is hard to tell, but a couple of thoughts...sometimes really outgoing people can be annoying to others. Super outgoing people can sometimes come across as selfish, even if they are not. For example, let's say a quieter person is talking and the outgoing one cuts that person off to interject a joke or a related story, that can seem selfish and annoying. Maybe some of this is happening.

Or the girl could be jealous.

Complainers are annoying too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.