Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:51 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
This is another Namibia story and a pattern Ive noticed not only on this forum but in real life.

Anglos seem to be scared of people who are dark

while the other nationalities here see the local Africans with normality, the germans make an effort to interact with the namibians and learn as much about them, the israeli is sort of meh he doesn't really focus on them, but the american and the british see the namibians as if they were some strange creatures from another planet.

And yes like the people on this forum from the US who can never shut up about race, they also talk about race here even the british guy!

they call namibians black, which is so offensive.... call them hereros or namib as those ARE their really ethnicities, not just black!! just because in your ignorant anglo country they call them black it doesn't mean they have no culture!!! I told the american girl that and yes I wanted to be confrontational because she's annoying me now!

they are like afraid, and white south africans too.... don't go out and watch out when speaking to namib men omg be careful!!! NOTHING has happened to me!!!

it's like if you're white speak english as your mother tongue, then you're destine to be obsessed with people's skin colors and afraid of people who are darker than you!!!

The Finnish guy was saying that english speaking societies, are societies with a lot of racial issues and oppressive history based on exterminating entire populations so they are just trying to redeem themselves, but its a bit tiresome....

am I the only one who has noticed this with white english speakers?
Do you really want to know or just want to rant your opinion? In the USA, blacks commit murder 12 times the rate of whites...I grew up in a black majority city so I learned not to be afraid but to be wary and to have weapons at your disposal. I don't think Americans have a fear of Hispanics....maybe in certain areas where they have gangs but as a general rule, no. Now I work in Peru and I don't fear dark skinned locals. But we just had riots where I'm working where there was significant property damage...so when I know they are having riots, prudence dictates that I avoid those areas.

As far as you skinny dipping with local African men, I don't predict a good ending.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 05-18-2015 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: mistake

Old 05-18-2015, 07:29 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,405 times
I think race generally is a factor, more than we whie people care to admit.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:46 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Irene, I think you're wrong hunni.
I don think white english-speaking (what? not german speaking or polish speaking or Swedish speaking people too?) are afraid of darker people. I think that's your racism shining on through. It seems you are the one obsessed with white people. It's you who is the racist, who is hyper-aware of white people and their mannerisms and ur perceived racism toward darker skinned people. You sound like a lunatic.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
So if someone notices racism that person who notices the racism is racist? What on earth.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:10 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
I think race generally is a factor, more than we white people care to admit.
It's not just white people. Let's not kid ourselves. Race is a factor that exists globally and anyone who has traveled even a bit knows this.

However, the white race as a whole is still the most powerful in the world. That's why that brand of racism/supremacy tends to be noticed more and commented about more.

Having said that, people often exaggerate about race and race relations too. It is actually not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 AM

225 posts, read 216,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
the white race as a whole is still the most powerful in the world.
I would say it's the east asians now, in many ways.

The west is burdened with unsustainable levels of debt and insolvent financial institutions. The facade of markets driven by momentum driving algorithms. In that context cultural power projection is fleeting. Hard power projection by the west is already shown to be restrictive. The bulk of global share of GDP is shifting east.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:27 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
I would say it's the east asians now.
Lol no.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Hey OP let's wake a broad sweeping generalization.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:29 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Why are white english speaking people so obsessed with skin color and afraid of darker people?

Because they are brought up in a culture[the English one, which is European] that looks down on people that are darker skinned or who are not of European ancestry[which is why you comfortably live in a European country and are a citizen national despite being Black]. It makes things worse when the darker skinned person isn't ''Westernised''[Westerners are of which colour?] as not being ''Westernised'' means you're lesser. I hear this ''Westernised'' crap all the time and it clearly has a racial element to it.

But its not just White English speaking people its everywhere on the planet that has been exposed to that kind of mentality[i.e. the mentality, alias the culture in which English and by extension Europeans are raised] from France to Colombia , to Poland to Indonesia.

Now can we please close the thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I wasn't specifically talking about white people.

Wah Wah Black guy keeps talking about racism Wah Wah keep me in my European centric worldview Wah Wah.

Poor you.
I guess that you should proof-read what you write.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:33 AM

225 posts, read 216,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Lol no.
I've been following geopolitical trends now for many years.

Sure east asia has many problems that have been discussed at length in these forums, but the west has much worse, most of which you won't be aware about unless you've been keeping an eye on capital flows and migration of commodities across the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World