Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:41 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,013,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
Anybody here a native of a tropical hell?
The irony

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 01:08 PM

2,617 posts, read 3,451,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
The irony
It's Chernobyl, which was abandoned a few decades ago. Any place would look so if it was abandoned for enough time.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:43 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,013,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
It's Chernobyl, which was abandoned a few decades ago. Any place would look so if it was abandoned for enough time.
Ukraine has the highest rate of HIV in Europe, 2nd lowest average income in Europe and has more stray dogs than all non-Slavic European countries combined. I don't think you're in the position to call other countries "hell"

Old 05-27-2015, 03:46 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,099,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Anyone here grow up in a country with a tropical climate? Many of these nations are poor and rely on tourism as their primary source of income. I would like to hear from people who were born and raised in such nations.
What do you want to know?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:32 AM

653 posts, read 742,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeeks View Post
I'm Australian but was born in Singapore. Singapore is the only truly 'first world' or developed nations WHOLLY within the tropics (Australia and Taiwan are partially within the tropics and Hong Kong isn't a nation per se). Well Brunei might qualify but being an absolute monarchy it's kind of authoritarian. Singapore doesn't conjure up images of idyllic beaches with palm trees, but it does have beaches, and is of course a lot of beautiful beaches are easily accessible. But I don't know what it's like to live there, really, aside from trips back staying with relatives.
I won't say Singapore is a tropical paradise; it simply does not give off the vibe to me; coz to me, as a Singaporean, when you say tropical paradise, I think "Bali" or "Phuket" or "Langkawi

Old 05-28-2015, 12:47 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,737,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
I was born and raised in the Philippines and it is now an industrializing nation where business process outsourcing and manufacturing are the thriving industries.

Our seasons are just sunny and rainy season, I would say extreme. When sunny, it is about 90'F with 80% to 100% humidity and to be honest, it gets really uncomfy. During summer, 2-3 times of shower a day is normal for us. Rainy season is the heavy monsoon season, we received 20-30 typhoons (or hurricanes) in a year, thunderstorms, heavy downpour and strong winds, we all have it there.

We have lots of rain forests, falls, mountains and beaches. Any coast are just 1-2 hours from anywhere you are.
Not the whole country though. I mean it's 60 degrees (16 C) in Baguio right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World