Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 10:58 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol give Deneb a break. He just wants to be able to live in the U.S. (specifically Hawaii or south Florida for the climate) without having to go through the immigration hurdle or language barrier
That's part of it for sure but I think about all the people in the world who would love to move to a different country and they can't because of stupid borders. You see it all the time here on C-D. Someone wants to move from country A to country B and there are all these barriers put up which is stupid. 1000 years ago there was no such thing as a passport or visa at least in the form we know today and people could go wherever they wanted. Humans are built to wander and roam not to be told they can't go somewhere. It's almost like being an animal in captivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 11:05 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
There are already homeless people living in Stanley Park. I'd be fine if they set up camp somewhere on the north shore too
Sounds like you are okay with having lots of homeless. Here where I live two our downtown is now swimming in them a church a couple of years back started serving a really nice breakfast daily to the homeless another one started serving them daily lunches apparently they liked it so much word got out that the food was so much better here that now all their friends showed up as well word traveled fast they came from all over the state and have no plans to leave since the food is so good according to them.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:16 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I would like to see some definitions. There are many countries that require a visa, but the vise can be obtained upon arrival at some entry points and not others. How are those enumerated? For example, Ethioipia, which issues a 30-day single-entry visa at the airport when you arrive with an American passport, but the visa needs to be obtained from a consulate in advance if arriving at a land border, and the one issued at the airport cannot be used to leave and reenter by land.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:13 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I think we should all have open borders and do away with passports and visas. I don't think it's right to restrict people where they can travel and live. We all live on one planet and we're all human beings.
True! those imaginary lines on maps are unnatural and taken too seriously at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Do you really think so within no time countries with an abundance of poor uneducated unskilled people would send them your way are you ready to support all of these people and give up all the nice green space in your city to build homes for all the new comers you would likely receive.
So what do they do about poor and uneducated Canadians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Then why don't you give all your money away to the poor, promise not to procreate, give away all belongings, never take another vacation, and let 20 homeless sleep in your house. Otherwise you are a hypocrite and not "sharing" with the world.
We pay our taxes... we buy our own belongings and vacations so i have no right to give them up if i don't want to... telling a human he can't live on another part of his planet is inhumane

Quote:
If you say so it does appear that you have some land available in Vancouver to build you a nice sized shanty town. What the heck who needs Stanley Park just cut those pesky trees down. BTW I don't oppose legal immigration in general I just find the notion of no borders especially this day in age absurd.

vancouver stanley parks - Bing Images
Shanty town? why not just keep building more public housing (like what cities already do)

Old 06-08-2015, 07:40 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
True! those imaginary lines on maps are unnatural and taken too seriously at times.

So what do they do about poor and uneducated Canadians?

We pay our taxes... we buy our own belongings and vacations so i have no right to give them up if i don't want to... telling a human he can't live on another part of his planet is inhumane

Shanty town? why not just keep building more public housing (like what cities already do)

I don't object to receiving some poor and uneducated immigrants with a strong work ethic what I was referring to was with open borders I have no doubt developed countries would receive an influx of undesirable individuals that some countries would be happy to see go and likely encourage to leave.

I was being sarcastic. I don't believe any housing should be built for immigrants, my entire family in the USA arrived as immigrants worked hard we all own homes no one did it for us and we wouldn't want them to we have pride and a work ethic, everything I have I worked for and never expected anything from anyone.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:30 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Here's an interesting one
#25 - Venezuela - Visa free countries - 115
Better than Taiwan, Albania, South Africa and China

Old 06-08-2015, 09:01 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Here's an interesting one
#25 - Venezuela - Visa free countries - 115
Better than Taiwan, Albania, South Africa and China
Ikr? Taiwan is such a flop lmao.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:19 PM

667 posts, read 940,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I would like to see some definitions. There are many countries that require a visa, but the vise can be obtained upon arrival at some entry points and not others. How are those enumerated? For example, Ethioipia, which issues a 30-day single-entry visa at the airport when you arrive with an American passport, but the visa needs to be obtained from a consulate in advance if arriving at a land border, and the one issued at the airport cannot be used to leave and reenter by land.
I suppose all such cases are considered visa-free...lol, otherwise we (Belarus) would not have 66 visa free countries, we actually need visas to most places. I have no idea where they found these 66 countries for us)) i can recall only about 40 even with visas on arrival and other such cases.
And Belarus itself is probably considered visa-free for all countries in the ranking as everyone can obtain a visa on arrival at Minsk Airport - but not at any land borders.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
I don't object to receiving some poor and uneducated immigrants with a strong work ethic what I was referring to was with open borders I have no doubt developed countries would receive an influx of undesirable individuals that some countries would be happy to see go and likely encourage to leave.

I was being sarcastic. I don't believe any housing should be built for immigrants, my entire family in the USA arrived as immigrants worked hard we all own homes no one did it for us and we wouldn't want them to we have pride and a work ethic, everything I have I worked for and never expected anything from anyone.
I agree, housing built for JUST immigrants would not be fair... housing built for ALL those who are struggling financially (many of whom could be immigrants or non immigrants) is cool.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:49 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,681 times
Where can we see the list of countries we can visit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World