Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 804 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I am from the U.S., which I know slightly possess some difficulty in actually moving officially to another country. I'am a stream (Yes, I play video games for a living), as for my name- it's not that important. But getting back on point, internet is a major factor for me moving anywhere. Like the post states i'm interested either in washington state, The Netherlands, Sweden, or Romania, because they have the best internet currently in Europe. I'm trying to figure out what would fit me best, considering i'm from California...

I like rain, cloudiness (overcast), snow-within reason, accessibility to forests, mountains, etc.

I hate humidity (in the sense of stickiness), severely hot weather, pollution/ smog,

Since I am a streamer price is still a confusing subject for me. I still am grappling with whether or not to give in to solely cheap options or bite the bullet and strictly budget like crazy to make more expensive option work....side note I also do other things for income, but am more or less self-employed.

I have no problem learning another language, it might take me longer than most, but I am still willing to learn. The main thing is it would be nice if the people of my new home are willing to help me learn their language, rather than switching straight to english after they find out i'm American.

Im curious about these countries and how easy or difficult it is to move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 01:04 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,225 times
Check out their embassy web sites which will give you what visa options are available.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:13 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
You are a stream? like you stream the games you play?

if you do, you should ask your streamers if they are from any of the countries you are from.... but we do have multiple members from the countries you listed so i'm sure someone could help.

but what many people will tell you, its not fair but it is hard for us to just pack our bags and move to a different country... so moving to Washington state would probably be the best bet and you could just visit Europe.
do you plan on going to school? if so, you could check to see if they have study abroad programs.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You are a stream? like you stream the games you play?

if you do, you should ask your streamers if they are from any of the countries you are from.... but we do have multiple members from the countries you listed so i'm sure someone could help.

but what many people will tell you, its not fair but it is hard for us to just pack our bags and move to a different country... so moving to Washington state would probably be the best bet and you could just visit Europe.
do you plan on going to school? if so, you could check to see if they have study abroad programs.
Making money with streaming while studying abroad could be in breach of visa conditions and make him subject to fines, criminal prosecution, and/or deportation. I strongly do not advise the OP to not generate revenue outside of the conditions listed on such a visa.

Also, ConfusedPleb, streaming is not an occupation that you can get a visa for. Don't count on it, your best bet is to live in WA, the US is your only choice.

Edit: Also if you make money from streaming make sure you file your taxes correctly with the IRS, nevermind the European tax agencies. You still have to file taxes with the IRS even living abroad

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 06-09-2015 at 04:42 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 09:59 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedPleb View Post
Okay, so I am from the U.S., which I know slightly possess some difficulty in actually moving officially to another country. I'am a stream (Yes, I play video games for a living), as for my name- it's not that important. But getting back on point, internet is a major factor for me moving anywhere. Like the post states i'm interested either in washington state, The Netherlands, Sweden, or Romania, because they have the best internet currently in Europe. I'm trying to figure out what would fit me best, considering i'm from California...

I like rain, cloudiness (overcast), snow-within reason, accessibility to forests, mountains, etc.

I hate humidity (in the sense of stickiness), severely hot weather, pollution/ smog,

Since I am a streamer price is still a confusing subject for me. I still am grappling with whether or not to give in to solely cheap options or bite the bullet and strictly budget like crazy to make more expensive option work....side note I also do other things for income, but am more or less self-employed.

I have no problem learning another language, it might take me longer than most, but I am still willing to learn. The main thing is it would be nice if the people of my new home are willing to help me learn their language, rather than switching straight to english after they find out i'm American.

Im curious about these countries and how easy or difficult it is to move there.
It's very hard to get a visa for work in a EU country. I'd say Netherlands is your best chance as you can make use of the DAFT (Dutch American Friendship Treaty). All you need is a starting amount of € 4500 on your account. They say there has to be business between your company and the States, but some say they're not very strict on this. I'm not sure if it counts for streamers though.

We have a lot of humidity, as we have lots of rain and in the ****ty summers we have it can get very sticky when it's hotter then 30C but that's only for short periods, like a few days or so.

We do tend to emmediately switch to English when we find out your American so learning to speak Dutch can be a challenge.

So i'm not sure this is your country, but that's up for you to decide

Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 PM

520 posts, read 532,433 times
Ok am I the only one asking "what the f is a 'streamer'?" after reading this post? LOL Bro sounds weird regardless.

Last edited by Chris Meyers; 06-09-2015 at 12:30 PM..

Old 06-09-2015, 12:36 PM

264 posts, read 272,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Ok am I the only one asking "what the f is a 'streamer'?" after reading this post? LOL Bro sounds weird regardless.
No, you certainly arent.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:33 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Why don't you just get one of those working-holiday visas, live somewhere in Europe (do more independent research anywhere but here) for a year and do your video game thing? You can work very part-time legally in a bottom-end job to supplement your savings/income, and then you did something new and exciting.

By the time a year has gone by, you may have either found a good job opportunity that will sponsor your permanent residency, or a man/woman who will marriage-visa you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World