Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has better natural scenery, California or Italy?
California 147 54.44%
Italy 123 45.56%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:39 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
To add to that, most European cities have developed an extensive public transportation system which reduces car usage, most countries are also looking more and more towards renewable energies. Energy consumption per capita is also far lower on our side of the pond (although it's still outrageously high in the Benelux and Nordic countries), national parks also make a higher percentage of country area is also higher in most Western European countries (Italy, France, Denmark, UK ) despite them being denser
National parks aren't the best comparison, as European national parks aren't the same level of protection as American ones. American national parks are mostly development-free except for certain tourist spots. Obviously, there are historical reasons why, but it's not the best indicator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 11:57 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
National parks aren't the best comparison, as European national parks aren't the same level of protection as American ones. American national parks are mostly development-free except for certain tourist spots. Obviously, there are historical reasons why, but it's not the best indicator.
So are our national parks, it's just nature if you exclude the main tourist center from where most of the paths usually start. Maybe you can go more in deoth to explain me your point.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
So are our national parks, it's just nature if you exclude the main tourist center from where most of the paths usually start. Maybe you can go more in deoth to explain me your point.
Ok. I was wrong about Italian national parks, but British national parks have villages and farmland inside, assumed Italian parks are similar.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:00 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I wonder how the results would be if we dropped the word "natural" and just compared "scenery". Italy would blow CA out of the water. The OP just keeps going on and on about "natural" because he knows CA can never beat Italy in beautiful scenery. Probably no state in the US can match Italy. But keep in mind this is an American forum, and Americans are totally biased about the US. Most haven't even been out of the country so you can understand.
That would be an entirely different discussion then . Feel free to start your own thread. I don't care as much about non-natural scenery, it's just not my thing.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:31 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Ok. I was wrong about Italian national parks, but British national parks have villages and farmland inside, assumed Italian parks are similar.
I had no idea they did, must be because large parts of Great Britain are more densely populated than the Appennine and the Alpine ranges where most of our National Parks are.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:22 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,195 times
California is a worse version of Italy or Italy is a better version of California

Old 08-02-2015, 09:28 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,195 times
I run the whole thread hoping none had posted it yet

Scala dei Turchi, in southern Sicily

I've said it already, as Italy's the best country in Europe as California's the best state in North America

Ca has something I envy:
less popolutaion
more organization
San Francisco and the Bay Area
the Redwoods
the desert

but overall Italy is better

I wouldn't trade my country for Ca, as regard natural beauty

Old 08-02-2015, 09:47 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
California is a worse version of Italy or Italy is a better version of California
California is not a version of anything, California is unique and incomparable.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Repost.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
I run the whole thread hoping none had posted it yet

Scala dei Turchi, in southern Sicily

I've said it already, as Italy's the best country in Europe as California's the best state in North America

Ca has something I envy:
less popolutaion
more organization
San Francisco and the Bay Area
the Redwoods
the desert

but overall Italy is better

I wouldn't trade my country for Ca, as regard natural beauty

That rock is cool, but I hardly see how that makes Italy better than California. That woman has a stunning backside though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World