Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more vibrant between them?
NYC 65 48.51%
London 69 51.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:44 PM

514 posts, read 470,612 times

Advertisements

I doubt it. Most of North East US is pothole hell. If there's a difference it's hardly noticeable. Especially if you factor in NJ being a densely populated corridor state and the freeze thaw cycles. Not to mention NJ has its fair share of toll roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
The roads and infrastructure in New Jersey are noticeably better than those in NYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 07:39 AM

164 posts, read 160,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Nonsensical discussion as both are great cities, each with their own unique selling points.

I love NY for its modern skyline and bustle.

I love London for the diversity of areas and history.

As I love both cities, the only thing I can say is that the rest of the world does appear to favour London as it is the world's most popular city going by tourist numbers.

It is also the preferred home of the world's wealthy, who pile into the London property market in droves.. But that being said, reading a nice book in a post-war high ceiling apartment overlooking central park is hard to beat to me.

In short both great towns
Agreed. Both cities have their merits. If I was to choose my favorite it would be down to personal preferences. I prefer history and culture and that makes London more interesting and stimulating to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
I've noticed all this too. I've also wondered if all these London posters are really just 2 or 3 people. I have a hard time believing one place could attract such a high number of obnoxious defensive posters.
As far as I can see all the obnoxious defensive posting is coming from New Yorkers/Amercans.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 AM

164 posts, read 160,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikollen View Post
London

NYC has a big problem... it's in America so race mongering, political correctness to the level of nuisance, republican versus democrat, racial divisions, religion shoved down your throat, suburbias beyond manhattan are pretty common.

London is far more international
London has its fair share of street preaching. If that amounts to "shoving religion down your throat" I would say you're the one with the insecurities and problems. The race baiting and bipartisan politics is a big problem though I agree.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:21 AM

531 posts, read 594,619 times
The only way dunce atheists of the post-millennial age will regard religion to not be 'shoving itself down their throats' is when it doesn't exist at all. With Anglo-American colleges now becoming more religious they're going to have that 'shoved down their throat' feel quite a lot into the foreseeable future if they seek to enter any higher specialty.

Outside of our universities, London is the only part of the country where religion is on the rise incidentally.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:08 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
The only way dunce atheists of the post-millennial age will regard religion to not be 'shoving itself down their throats' is when it doesn't exist at all. With Anglo-American colleges now becoming more religious they're going to have that 'shoved down their throat' feel quite a lot into the foreseeable future if they seek to enter any higher specialty.

Outside of our universities, London is the only part of the country where religion is on the rise incidentally.
I don't see too much "Religion shoved down the throat" going on in America. If anything it is the opposite. The religion is the root of all problems, wars, etc crowd is doing most of the shoving down the throat. I'm not very religious at all , but I would take the religious crowd over the self righteous politically correct crowd anyday.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:11 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikollen View Post
London

NYC has a big problem... it's in America so race mongering, political correctness to the level of nuisance, republican versus democrat, racial divisions, religion shoved down your throat, suburbias beyond manhattan are pretty common.

London is far more international
This is non sense. England has these same issues.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:38 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
No Allan it doesn't. Our last government was a coalition of liberals & conservatives, they came together during the recession to govern in the national interest, something America seem incapable of ever achieving.

As for racism, well its far worse in the states don't you think? look at Charleston, Montgomery, Baltimore etc just look at some of the posts on this thread from Americans confirming that fact. Also in the UK you can visit your church, the cinema, or a school without the fear of being shot dead by a lunatic with a gun.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:17 AM

969 posts, read 825,247 times
Though race is a problem in both countries, it is far more of a "hot topic" in the states than in the UK thanks to the incredibly incompetent (by design?) corporate media. Those disparities become blunted when comparing the two cities concerned.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:41 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
Astana looks straight out of a 80 Sci-fi film, most planned cities really look futuristic

Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 AM

37,122 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
This is non sense. England has these same issues.
In terms of degrees/extremities, this is actually fairly untrue not just in England but in almost all developed countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World