Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Traveling for the rest of your life in...
194 Countries (Once) 10 25.64%
20 Countries (Unlimited) 29 74.36%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 02:47 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
If money was no object I'd want to visit all of them. A maximum of 60 days in each one would be more than enough time for me. There's no way I would want to limit myself to only 20.

Realize that you must stay at least 2 days in countries like Guinea, Niger, Chad, Central African Republic, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and North Korea as well if you go with the 194 option
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 04:52 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
What boobs want to visit every country? Most of them are terrible places to go or are similar to other countries like North Korea, Iraq, Cameroon or Sudan.

Here's my list of 20 countries:
1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Argentina
4. France
5. United Kingdom
6. Iceland
7. Italy
8. Australia
9. Brazil
10. Germany
11. Serbia
12. China
13. Japan
14. Denmark
15. Bahamas
16. New Zealand
17. Ireland
18. Netherlands
19. Croatia
20. Greece

Old 07-19-2015, 08:18 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,636 times
Why are so many hung up on a quantitative view of travel? Does trying to visit every country in the world mean anything? It's like those books "Top 100(0) things to see before you die" So much pressure on us.
It's so much better to revisit in depth those places you love. Who wouldn't want to visit again Paris, London, Rome, Venice, etc. etc. 20 countries in depth.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:11 AM

2,651 posts, read 3,406,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Hmm, I've seen you earlier answering these threads, and noticed you tend to always leave Finland out as the sole Nordic country. Why? No problem if you're not interested, but strikes out as odd. After all, we are not so different from Sweden and Norway. Maybe mix Sweden with Iceland and you get Finland.

Hope you'll answer.
Well... if you know my tendency in previous threads usually when I mention the word "Europe", that would strictly focused only Western Europe but I have very mixed feelings those countries shared a long history with Russia and bordering many eastern half of Europe which is Finland and Austria respectively.
Of course I don't have any opposed thoughts to exclude the country it just comes after the Scandinavia and Iceland.
Don't get me wrong, I'm already interested about Finland than average whole countries in the world before you're a Finnish forumer here

Old 07-19-2015, 09:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkier7 View Post
Well... if you know my tendency in previous threads usually when I mention the word "Europe", that would strictly focused only Western Europe but I have very mixed feelings those countries shared a long history with Russia and bordering many eastern half of Europe which is Finland and Austria respectively.
Of course I don't have any opposed thoughts to exclude the country it just comes after the Scandinavia and Iceland.
Don't get me wrong, I'm already interested about Finland than average whole countries in the world before you're a Finnish forumer here
Oh, right. The Russian influence in Finland has been very minnow. Even when we were part of Russia we were self-governing and except nobility and soldiers Russians weren't even allowed to move here. As Finnish-Russian football player Roman Eremenko said, "Finns and Russians are the complete opposite like night and day, you can't compare them on any level". Culturally, mentally and socially we are quite like the Swedes, Norwegians and Danes, don't worry. After all, we shared 700 years of history with Sweden and 100 years with Russia. The language is different and we have some different cultural traits to spice it up, but I think that's a bonus.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:35 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Hmm, I've seen you earlier answering these threads, and noticed you tend to always leave Finland out as the sole Nordic country. Why? No problem if you're not interested, but strikes out as odd. After all, we are not so different from Sweden and Norway. Maybe mix Sweden with Iceland and you get Finland.

Hope you'll answer.
I used to assume Finland wasn't Nordic because it was in a different language family. Not saying that's correct, but it makes people think it's separate from the rest.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:03 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I used to assume Finland wasn't Nordic because it was in a different language family. Not saying that's correct, but it makes people think it's separate from the rest.
Yes I know. But it's simply not true.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:06 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Realize that you must stay at least 2 days in countries like Guinea, Niger, Chad, Central African Republic, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and North Korea as well if you go with the 194 option
Not a problem. For me it would be interesting to visit those kinds of countries too. Maybe some other people might be afraid of going to them but I think it would be a great adventure. I'm the type of person that after I've visited any place once I usually don't ever have any desire to return to it again so the 20 countries only option has no appeal to me. A one time visit in every country would be ideal for me just for the adventure of it.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:51 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imawesomeman View Post
Ahem. There are 196 countries. The 193 un members and Kosovo, the Vatican, and Taiwan

If you don't believe Taiwan is a country, did the Chinese Communist Party ever have control of Taiwan?
I don't count Vatican City and Kosovo as countries so 194 it is.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:39 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Instead of quick trips all over the place, I'd rather get to know a few places intimately. There are a few places I can say I really love and I would love to go back and spend unlimited time in those places and explore them as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World