U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 10:53 PM

749 posts, read 787,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
it is THEIR country

most of those "mexicans" that annoy you because they're in california, have been in california for THOUSANDS OF YEARS.... far before the spaniards ever discovered the americas for the europeans!

Ever heard of Aztlan? of the Aztecs? well that is where they come from!!!

HOW DARE YOU insinuate that those indigenous people are immigrants in a place like California!!! YOU'RE THE IMMIGRANT IN THEIR LAND

it's like me going to portugal and being mad because you're there
mmh I think I see your agenda. Aztlan is very much a myth, furthermore ancient Aztecs and present-day Mexicans citizens are not exactly the same. Cali was peopled by the Chumash tribe when it was discovered by the spaniards. Then California was bought from the Mexican governement by the US some 150 years ago and at the time there were only 6500 mexicans living in the whole state of California. The nearly totality of hispanic immigrants in the California haven't lived there for thousands of years but are recent immigrants. Movements like la raza and others used those semantics accommodating with history to justify mexican immigration and white hatred. And again, personally I don;t care if they are around I have no problems with Hispanics.

Chumash and aztecs were ameridians but not the same ethnicity , it would like me tell you in belgium go back to whereever you're from it's my continent. I would have no business saying that. But that's another topic.

Muslims are like everybody else, there's good and bad and most of them are just looking for a better life. Just remember that if you want people to tolerant with you, be tolerant with others.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 04:14 AM

7,753 posts, read 9,605,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
At least one of the former US military posts in Germany (which used to number in the hundreds) has been converted to a refugee reception and processing center. Former military posts make good temporary housing centers with their big capacity barracks housing, former dining halls and large kitchens and large common area buildings. So now Patton Barracks is a refugee processing center.

Germany Offers Asylum-seekers Safety at Former US Army Post | Military.com

My old army post in Germany in the 1970s at Wildflecken Kaserne was a huge displaced persons camp for post WW2 refugees. In the late 1940s it housed tens of thousands of refugees, mostly from Poland and other parts of Eastern Europe. I know of at least a few other large former US military posts in Germany that would probably do a good job at housing a lot of people until somebody, somehow figures out where these people can go and what they can do. What a giant mess. The US started up the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which later contributed to some of the instability in Syria, Libya and other places, and I haven't see the US do much to help solve the problem.
The USA should be taking in these refugees as it was America which destballised that region , Israel also need to step up as the Israeli lobby in Washington was behind the Iraq war , only for Vladimir Putin , the USA and UK would now be hip deep in Syria and the situation would be even worse

America doesn't want a strong Europe so this refugee crisis suits Washington

Old 09-06-2015, 05:23 AM

668 posts, read 904,937 times
Spanish Immigration wants to benefit USA, Muslim immigration to Europa wants to destroy it and to establish the Sharia Law. That's difference.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:12 AM

80 posts, read 70,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
mmh I think I see your agenda. Aztlan is very much a myth, furthermore ancient Aztecs and present-day Mexicans citizens are not exactly the same. Cali was peopled by the Chumash tribe when it was discovered by the spaniards. Then California was bought from the Mexican governement by the US some 150 years ago and at the time there were only 6500 mexicans living in the whole state of California. The nearly totality of hispanic immigrants in the California haven't lived there for thousands of years but are recent immigrants. Movements like la raza and others used those semantics accommodating with history to justify mexican immigration and white hatred. And again, personally I don;t care if they are around I have no problems with Hispanics.

Chumash and aztecs were ameridians but not the same ethnicity , it would like me tell you in belgium go back to whereever you're from it's my continent. I would have no business saying that. But that's another topic.

Muslims are like everybody else, there's good and bad and most of them are just looking for a better life. Just remember that if you want people to tolerant with you, be tolerant with others.
Most of them were born in the US, its THEIR country, you're a foreign guest from another continent (Europe)!!! you are in the Americas, and if you don't like the diversity in the Americas or the people, THEN GO BACK TO EUROPE.

all those "americans you refer to" as typical californians invaded by mexicans, are actually descendants of EUROPEAN IMMIGRANTS while the mexicans who you IGNORANTLY refer as hispanics (HISPANICS COME FROM SPAIN NAMED SO BY THE ROMANS) are NATIVES OF THE AMERICAS!

South American countries have a few million of portuguese immigrants and they're treated with respect..... so give back the same to the mexicans especially when you're in THEIR CONTINENT.

It's like me going to spain or switzerland or france and whining that there are many portuguese there!!!

LEARN YOUR PLACE!

Old 09-06-2015, 06:28 AM
F18

546 posts, read 488,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
@ mayser and NOLA relax brothers.

You guys have a double standards problems when it comes to being tolerant so it means that Muslims in Europe only make problems, are terrorists, abuse the welfare but Latinos in the US are all hard working honest people and however says dares qualifying this statement is racist and ignorant.
I think you guys probably whine about Donald Trump but are no better than him, except he his talking about something in his own country when you not being Europeans citizens have no business saying who is or isn't welcome there since your tax money sin't going to be spent to support these people.

Oh and California is an american territory. I have no problems with Mexicans but this is not more or less my country than theirs.

Cheers
I don't know why both of them care so much about Europe and Muslims in it when they are not European in the first place. Amazing how some people have nothing to do.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:43 AM

80 posts, read 70,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
I don't know why both of them care so much about Europe and Muslims in it when they are not European in the first place. Amazing how some people have nothing to do.
I could care less about muslims and sharia law and europeans... honey do whatever you wish with your countries!

I am mad because this EUROPEAN IMMIGRANT from portugal is in MY CONTINENT (the americas) being irritated because Mexicans who are also from the Americas, are present demographically in a part of the world that was theirs in the first place.

He moans about spanish being spoken in CALIFORNIA (look at the very spanish name) and complains that LOS ANGELES (spanish name) the spanish language is everywhere.

WELL LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF CALIFORNIA.

That is the reason I am intervening

other than that... I could care less if an asteroid hits europe tomorrow! don't put me in that anti-islam in europe category (it's not my issue) ... I am an exotic colombian beauty tanning on the caribbean in my bikini and dancing salsa! (I could care less about europe and what it does)

Old 09-06-2015, 07:01 AM
F18

546 posts, read 488,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
I could care less about muslims and sharia law and europeans... honey do whatever you wish with your countries!

I am mad because this EUROPEAN IMMIGRANT from portugal is in MY CONTINENT (the americas) being irritated because Mexicans who are also from the Americas, are present demographically in a part of the world that was theirs in the first place.

He moans about spanish being spoken in CALIFORNIA (look at the very spanish name) and complains that LOS ANGELES (spanish name) the spanish language is everywhere.

WELL LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF CALIFORNIA.

That is the reason I am intervening

other than that... I could care less if an asteroid hits europe tomorrow! don't put me in that anti-islam in europe category (it's not my issue) ... I am an exotic colombian beauty tanning on the caribbean in my bikini and dancing salsa! (I could care less about europe and what it does)
You didn't understand. Seixal was just pointing out at the double standards you both have saying that Muslims in Europe are all horrible, extremists, lazy and live on welfare whilst all Latin Americans living in the United States are hard working, honest people (which most are). None of those are true. It has nothing to do with Spanish being spoken in California or not. Latin Americans and their descendents are much more numerous than Muslims in European nations.
Besides your anti-Portuguese stance is not very nice as most Portuguese people like Latin America.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Status: "There are better things ahead than behind. CS Lewis" (set 7 days ago)

65,057 posts, read 54,437,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulta View Post
America had a tidal wave of Mexicans which has pretty much ceased in recent years... and now the new tidal wave is chinese and indians.

While Europe has a tidal wave of Africans, middle easterners, pakistanis, asians. (Europe is truly flooded with immigration)

the immigration to the US is a joke, over-exagerated by some race obsessed Americans who want everyone around them to be white!
Not sure where you live, but I live in Texas. The shift in demographics is VERY obvious here.

I'm not race obsessed and I actually like the Mexican influence in Texas - but you need to know that it's real, and it's growing, and not just in Texas.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You are probably thinking in American terms. Big slaughter houses, endless construction sites, "hospitality" sector ( hotels-motels,) endless fast food chains, call centers may be. Then yes, "job creators" would be jumping from joy of supply of "cheap labor." But European countries are much smaller and their business traditionally was oriented on smaller operations, but of a higher quality ( although it needs to be noted that Europeans did change their ways somewhat too under a pressure of "global competition" ( read the US.) But even with this, this kind of "addition" of "cheap labor" from Africa and Middle East - it's more of a problem for them than "opportunity."

Yes, with other words their society is forced to be Americanized, which is not a good thing.
You think the USA is Europe's biggest problem...

Old 09-06-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I agree with you. When I first arrived in the US, it was a very different country.
I caught the "last glimpse of sun" so to speak. The changes for the worse started ( and gradually progressed) shortly after.
Yeah, I know what you mean, except I feel I "caught the last glimpse of sun" in Europe in the early 1990s.

When I lived in Germany in the early 90s, the issue of immigrants who weren't integrating into European society was just beginning to become worrisome, but that worry was quickly overshadowed by former Eastern bloc immigrants streaming into Western Europe - I think that diversion of attention though was really detrimental.

Europe already had in place very permissive and enabling immigration laws and ideas, some stemming from earlier but many magnified by a spirit of generosity and acceptance after the Berlin Wall fell and EUROPEANS who had been "trapped" in Eastern Bloc countries came pouring into western Europe in droves.

For awhile, the attention was diverted from "the Turkish problem." But not for long.

Now, twenty five years later, the alarming effects of overly generous social programs, open borders, and instability to the east and south of western Europe are becoming impossible to ignore.

Throw in an unsustainable birth rate among native Europeans and a burgeoning birth rate among immigrants, and you've got the makings of a Caliphate right under European noses...and those who are honest and who can apply logic, reasoning, and math skills to the situation realize it.

Guess what - it's too late though. Old Europe and it's values, it's civilization, the riches of it's traditions, etc. is dying and it's condition is terminal.

Glad I got to see it when I did. We've revisited Europe several times since then, the last time being a couple of years ago. My former neighborhood - US military housing which had at one time been German officer housing - had been changed into public housing. It was covered with graffiti and looked awful - a big change from the neat, clean, attractive housing I used to love. The last time we drove through there, it was scheduled for demolition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World