U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Status: "There are better things ahead than behind. CS Lewis" (set 29 days ago)

65,101 posts, read 54,667,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
Right, because the spanish speaking world is california and its indigenous mexicans.... I mean from Argentina all the way up to Cuba, Spain, the Philippines in Asia and so on, EVERY SINGLE SPANISH SPEAKER IS THE MEXICAN PEOPLE FROM CALIFORNIA!

California was part of Mexico 120 years ago and was so for thousands of years, what did you expect? you're gonna see Mexicans everywhere... it's their land! DONT LIKE IT? THEN LEAVE!

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE COMMENTING SO YOU DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE SON OF SOME IGNORANT PORTUGUESE PEASANT!

Btw Spanish is a European language (bet you didn't know that) Ever heard of Spain? it's a country in Europe.... that is where Spanish comes from! Not mexico or los angeles!
LOL at "California was part of Mexico 120 years ago and was so for thousands of years..." You really think that California was "part of Mexico for thousands of years?????"

California was a part of Mexico during a relatively short time of it's overall history - AFTER Mexico was taken over by Europeans. Prior to that time, it was a land inhabited by about 500 subtribes of people, like most of the rest of what is now the United States. These indigenous people spoke over 100 languages.

The Spanish began their occupation of California in the mid 1700s. When Mexico broke away from Spanish rule in the 1830s, it incorporated California and DID NOT RETURN THE LAND to the tribes.

The US "got" California back in 1848, and also did not return the land to the tribes.

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-07-2015 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Orphaned
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 09:11 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,181,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Throw in an unsustainable birth rate among native Europeans and a burgeoning birth rate among immigrants, and you've got the makings of a Caliphate right under European noses...and those who are honest and who can apply logic, reasoning, and math skills to the situation realize it.
Uhm... sure. The percentage of Muslims in Europe is still not very high and not all of them are fundamentalists, ya know?

Old 09-06-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
Uhm... sure. The percentage of Muslims in Europe is still not very high and not all of them are fundamentalists, ya know?
Yeah I know.

Most popular baby names 2014: Mohamed tops boys' list while Elsa enters girls' top 100 - Home News - UK - The Independent

Region: Europe | Pew Research Center

The Muslim population in Europe has doubled in the past twenty years and the percentage is expected to continue to increase. It's pretty simple math, really - Native European birth rates are about half of Muslim immigrant birthrates, and Muslims continue to immigrate into Europe as well.

Societal change - in a big way - is inevitable. Of course, that's the way of history.

And I didn't say anything about Fundamentalists. Though I will say that Americans look on the brouhaha regarding mosques and headscarves and all that with some bemusement.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:16 AM

3,578 posts, read 3,602,229 times
Quote:
Yeah I know.

Most popular baby names 2014: Mohamed tops boys' list while Elsa enters girls' top 100 - Home News - UK - The Independent

Region: Europe | Pew Research Center

The Muslim population in Europe has doubled in the past twenty years and the percentage is expected to continue to increase. It's pretty simple math, really - Native European birth rates are about half of Muslim immigrant birthrates, and Muslims continue to immigrate into Europe as well.

Societal change - in a big way - is inevitable. Of course, that's the way of history.

And I didn't say anything about Fundamentalists. Though I will say that Americans look on the brouhaha regarding mosques and headscarves and all that with some bemusement.
yep, the denialism about this growing problem is astounding amongst many people. the story of the "boiling frog" comes to mind.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:44 PM

10,276 posts, read 9,524,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
yep, the denialism about this growing problem is astounding amongst many people. the story of the "boiling frog" comes to mind.
Europe will not realize the issue until it's too late. Go to a Western European hospital and see the birth names.

It might even be too late for Germany, France, Netherlands and UK.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:00 PM

749 posts, read 789,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Europe will not realize the issue until it's too late. Go to a Western European hospital and see the birth names.

It might even be too late for Germany, France, Netherlands and UK.

I just think it is very curious to see that Muslim immigration to countries you're not even a citizen of, maybe not even a resident bothers you so much? Do you care to explain?

Old 09-06-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I just think it is very curious to see that Muslim immigration to countries you're not even a citizen of, maybe not even a resident bothers you so much? Do you care to explain?

I can't speak for NOLA but I'll speak for myself:

It's interesting from a societal POV - societies in general interest me, especially when they shift or are at a crossroads of cultural change.

Also, anyone with half a brain realizes that we work and live in a global economy and that what affects our trading partners affects us. We live in a global village in case you hadn't noticed.

By the way, if we'd applied your question to the world situation just two generations ago, we'd have never entered WW2. I mean, who cares what Hitler is doing over in Europe if we're not citizens or residents of Europe?

Old 09-06-2015, 02:23 PM

8,975 posts, read 9,315,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Because we live in a global world. If Germany gives a migrant a German passport, that person can legally travel to the US without having to apply for a visa because Germany (and the rest of W. Europe) have an agreement with the US to waive visa requirements. So all of these people who will inevitably get EU citizenship can then quite easily come to the US with a passport and a plane ticket. Though if this situation continues to deteriorate, the visa waiver program may be altered to remove some of these countries eventually. But for now, yes, Europe's policies are America's problem and vice versa. Europe is doing a **** poor job of controlling its borders as Germany in particular actively incentivizes more and more people to get to Europe by any means necessary. From a regional and national security standpoint, it's extremely alarming, at least to those who can connect the dots.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:31 PM
F18

546 posts, read 490,350 times
Quote:
By the way, if we'd applied your question to the world situation just two generations ago, we'd have never entered WW2. I mean, who cares what Hitler is doing over in Europe if we're not citizens or residents of Europe?
The United States only entered in WW2 due to Pearl Harbour, otherwise it wouldn't consider in participating. Due to its isolationism at the time, the US didn't care what was going in Europe. You should really review your history.
BTW comparing what Hitler did to the supposed Muslim "invasion" is just insulting and disrepectful.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 PM

8,975 posts, read 9,315,586 times
I mean, just imagine you are a person in the Middle East, or maybe Africa, and you read an article like this:

Migrant crisis: Activist convoy drives to Hungary - BBC News

What does it make you think? Oh, THOSE PEOPLE are like me! If THEY can do it, so can I! Look how welcoming Germany is to them!

And this is exactly what judges and other legal practitioners mean when they use the term "opening the floodgates"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World