Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 01:36 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
The United States only entered in WW2 due to Pearl Harbour, otherwise it wouldn't consider in participating. Due to its isolationism at the time, the US didn't care what was going in Europe. You should really review your history.
BTW comparing what Hitler did to the supposed Muslim "invasion" is just insulting and disrepectful.
LOL I know my history. I know when and why the US entered WW2. My point is that when the US was saying EXACTLY that ("It's Europe's problem - not my circus, not my monkeys") - people criticized them for an isolationist perspective then, and now. Damned if we didn't and damned if we did, apparently.

And I didn't compare Hitler to any Muslims, so you can keep those words to yourself rather than trying to stuff them into my mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:05 PM

749 posts, read 856,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Because we live in a global world. If Germany gives a migrant a German passport, that person can legally travel to the US without having to apply for a visa because Germany (and the rest of W. Europe) have an agreement with the US to waive visa requirements. So all of these people who will inevitably get EU citizenship can then quite easily come to the US with a passport and a plane ticket. Though if this situation continues to deteriorate, the visa waiver program may be altered to remove some of these countries eventually. But for now, yes, Europe's policies are America's problem and vice versa. Europe is doing a **** poor job of controlling its borders as Germany in particular actively incentivizes more and more people to get to Europe by any means necessary. From a regional and national security standpoint, it's extremely alarming, at least to those who can connect the dots.

This is very much a slippery slope statement. also putting suspecting every and any muslim of being a terrorist just because they are muslims goes against the idea of freedom defended by Western civilization.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:24 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
This is very much a slippery slope statement. also putting suspecting every and any muslim of being a terrorist just because they are muslims goes against the idea of freedom defended by Western civilization.
You couldn't be more wrong about that. If you look at my posting history on this topic you'd quickly see that I have actually advocated that the US take in more Syrian refugees because I know that the US goes through a very thorough vetting process and the refugees will be actual refugees and will not include radicalized opportunists. Europe on the other hand categorically appears to be accepting and sending a message to the world that it wishes to accept any and all people from the Middle East under the presumption that they are refugees. This severely undermines national security, especially when ISIS has stated it is sending people to Europe among the migrants. That you and so many others fail to appreciate this distinction is quite frankly alarming.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:19 PM

749 posts, read 856,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
You couldn't be more wrong about that. If you look at my posting history on this topic you'd quickly see that I have actually advocated that the US take in more Syrian refugees because I know that the US goes through a very thorough vetting process and the refugees will be actual refugees and will not include radicalized opportunists. Europe on the other hand categorically appears to be accepting and sending a message to the world that it wishes to accept any and all people from the Middle East under the presumption that they are refugees. This severely undermines national security, especially when ISIS has stated it is sending people to Europe among the migrants. That you and so many others fail to appreciate this distinction is quite frankly alarming.
9/11 perpetrators didn't move from a European in order to launch their attack on the US, they were there already. There might be Islamic militants among the refugees but even if there were any they would be numerous enough to fit in an old phone booth.
This being said there is no denying that massive immigration from troubled countries bring a piece of the trouble left behind. But what is the solution? Closing the borders? European countries need more workers paying taxes in order to keep with pension system and the economy going, and whether one like immigrants or not it is a pragmatic necessity.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:47 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
9/11 perpetrators didn't move from a European in order to launch their attack on the US, they were there already. There might be Islamic militants among the refugees but even if there were any they would be numerous enough to fit in an old phone booth.
This being said there is no denying that massive immigration from troubled countries bring a piece of the trouble left behind. But what is the solution? Closing the borders? European countries need more workers paying taxes in order to keep with pension system and the economy going, and whether one like immigrants or not it is a pragmatic necessity.
9/11 was a horrible lesson in failed, lackadaisical immigration policies. The US has learned a lot about importance of securing who and who is not coming into the country. Yes, there's still illegal immigration but it's nothing like what's happening in Europe. Europe should know better. These migrants are coming from high-alert, high-risk countries. It is absolutely impossible to make a prima facie determination that they are, each and every one, a refugee when no questions are even being asked. They aren't being inspected or questioned at all before being let in.

There's a big difference between closing the borders and letting everyone in. You don't seem to appreciate the importance of having secure borders.

In the US, when someone comes to the border to apply for asylum, they are detained, fingerprinted and immediately and extensively interviewed and/or interrogated to establish initial eligibility. Those who are not eligible are held until they're removed from the United States. They don't get a red carpet welcome replete with housing and benefits by virtue of just getting here.

Last edited by Bluefox; 09-06-2015 at 06:06 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 06:41 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
I would rather have 1000 Mexican immigrates come into America then 1 Muslim. The Mexicans that come over here work really really hard, never complain, and within a generation integrate into American society. The Muslims in Europe are lazy, are not integrating into European culture, and are becoming increasingly radicalized. Why the Europeans keep letting them in is a puzzle to me. This whole debacle is going to end really badly.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:46 PM

80 posts, read 74,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I would rather have 1000 Mexican immigrates come into America then 1 Muslim. The Mexicans that come over here work really really hard, never complain, and within a generation integrate into American society. The Muslims in Europe are lazy, are not integrating into European culture, and are becoming increasingly radicalized. Why the Europeans keep letting them in is a puzzle to me. This whole debacle is going to end really badly.
mexicans in america range from poor peasants working the fields of california, to politicians, celebrities, soldiers in the american armed forces!!!

mexicans ARE PART OF AMERICA!

when was the last time there was a terrorist attack in america perpetuated by a mexican-american?

europeans can't say the same about arabs, look at all the "europeans youngsters" joining ISIS and perpetuating attacks against the european countries they were born in

Europeans are simply pathetic and deluded if they think latin american immigration to the US which has been occurring for centuries (latin america has historical links to the US either way) is comparable to the muslim invasion they have!

Old 09-06-2015, 06:58 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
mexicans in america range from poor peasants working the fields of california, to politicians, celebrities, soldiers in the american armed forces!!!

mexicans ARE PART OF AMERICA!

when was the last time there was a terrorist attack in america perpetuated by a mexican-american?

europeans can't say the same about arabs, look at all the "europeans youngsters" joining ISIS and perpetuating attacks against the european countries they were born in

Europeans are simply pathetic and deluded if they think latin american immigration to the US which has been occurring for centuries (latin america has historical links to the US either way) is comparable to the muslim invasion they have!
I agree.

Also Mexicans who come here want to be American. They may be of Mexican heritage but they are at their core true Americans. The Muslims in Europe may live there, and collect all the social services they can but they don't want to be French, British or German. They are not buying into the system.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:00 PM

80 posts, read 74,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I agree.

Also Mexicans who come here want to be American. They may be of Mexican heritage but they are at their core true Americans. The Muslims in Europe may live there, and collect all the social services they can but they don't want to be French, British or German. They are not buying into the system.
Iknow, I worked near a US military base here in europe once and plenty of soldiers were mexican-americans and they wore that uniform with as much pride as any other american!! most spoke english like americans, acted like americans, dressed like americans, and hanged out with americans!!!

that doesn't happen in europe with the arabs

Old 09-06-2015, 07:04 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
Iknow, I worked near a US military base here in europe once and plenty of soldiers were mexican-americans and they wore that uniform with as much pride as any other american!! most spoke english like americans, acted like americans, dressed like americans, and hanged out with americans!!!

that doesn't happen in europe with the arabs
What do you think about the 2nd or third generation Arabs that live here? It's the same for them too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World