Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 12:24 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
There are lots Latino gangs in most major US cities and hundreds of thousands of everyday-joe-Muslims in Europe who just want to lead a normal, peaceful life. So what's your point exactly?

All of those refugees coming to Europe right now are fleeing from murder and terror, they have lost everything besides their lives. What should the EU do? Close the borders and let them all die? They just want to survive!
I hate to burst your self-righteous bubble, but refugees do not pick, choose and demand where they live. They do not violently confront law enforcement. True refugees are seeking refuge from danger. These people are coming from safe countries - Turkey namely, passing through more safe countries, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Austria, but these places are not enough for them. Germany is where the goods are and they know it. This is all about economic migration, and it's clear to anyone who can get off their high horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 02:03 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,100 times
^^^

Don't worry buddy, it takes more than a few xenophobic comments to burst my bubble or push me off my high horse. I sit quite comfortably up here.
I bet if Germany hadn't let in those refugees everyone would've complained about all those Nazis over there. Of course they are coming to Germany because that's "where the goods are". Living in cramped tent cities in Lebanon or Turkey vs. living in humane conditions somewhere in Western Europe. If there is a chance to make it there of course they are going to do so just like everybody else (including yourself) would. It remains to be seen whether the influx of those people is going to be pain or gain and I am definitely not sure what the outcome is going to be - but allowing them in is the most humane thing one can do. Without question.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
^^^

Don't worry buddy, it takes more than a few xenophobic comments to burst my bubble or push me off my high horse. I sit quite comfortably up here.
I bet if Germany hadn't let in those refugees everyone would've complained about all those Nazis over there. Of course they are coming to Germany because that's "where the goods are". Living in cramped tent cities in Lebanon or Turkey vs. living in humane conditions somewhere in Western Europe. If there is a chance to make it there of course they are going to do so just like everybody else (including yourself) would. It remains to be seen whether the influx of those people is going to be pain or gain and I am definitely not sure what the outcome is going to be - but allowing them in is the most humane thing one can do. Without question.
Yeah, pretty clear you are having a great feel-good fest. And LOL, xenophobic. Okay. I've said the US should take in LEGITIMATE refugees if done in a responsible and reasonable manner. But those legitimate refugees aren't who are being depicted in the media. There's nothing about what Germany and Austria are doing or saying that is responsible or reasonable. You say if there's a chance people are going to do it and you are absolutely right. This encourages more and more people to migrate to Europe under false pretense of being "refugees". More ships sinking, more people dying, more smugglers, more revenue for ISIS, the migration of hundreds of thousands to millions of people, compromised security. All so people can feel good about themselves.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:12 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,741 times
I'm still not sure if this is high quality satire or reality...
LiveLeak.com - Tents are not good enough for African migrants

Old 09-08-2015, 05:03 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There's a big difference between closing the borders and letting everyone in. You don't seem to appreciate the importance of having secure borders.

In the US, when someone comes to the border to apply for asylum, they are detained, fingerprinted and immediately and extensively interviewed and/or interrogated to establish initial eligibility.
uh, it is also like that in Europe, honestly....

Old 09-08-2015, 05:51 AM
F18

542 posts, read 529,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFP View Post
But why do you care? You should care about the US.
Exactly. I don't understand why Americans are so concerned about Europe and taking in refugees. It's not their problem. They probably are really bored and have nothing to do.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
Exactly. I don't understand why Americans are so concerned about Europe and taking in refugees. It's not their problem. They probably are really bored and have nothing to do.
Um, no. I had actually made plans to visit Hungary, Austria and Germany next summer and now I'm re-evaluating those plans so yes I'm very interested in what is going on there right now.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
uh, it is also like that in Europe, honestly....
Oh really? Because I see migrants pushing and shoving their way through Europe with absolutely no recourse. Can you explain to us what's really happening?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFP View Post
In the US, all news related with Middle East is extremelly biased.
Oh, it's unbiased somewhere else?

The reason I ask is because many countries in the world have interests in the Middle East and continue to interject themselves and their interests into that region. It's not just the US with something to lose or gain when it comes to the happenings in the ME. Far from it.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,290,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Oh really? Because I see migrants pushing and shoving their way through Europe with absolutely no recourse. Can you explain to us what's really happening?
What do you believe ? That Europe is open to everyone for free ? of course there are controls. Everytime I go back to France by train through the Alps I see police checking people on the train, even if within Europe this is hardly legal. Most of the time I see the border police arresting someone who is trying to get into France. Last time I saw them arresting some (what I believe to be) erithreans. These brave patrollers all had "Je suis Charlie" badges and yet were mocking these poor Erithreans. I know they are doing their job, this is fine for me, but at least treat people with dignity.

Right now in Ventimiglia, on the coast between Genova and Monaco, there are migrants camping stopped by the border patrol. They've been there for months.

Here in Bologna there are several places that host refugees / migrants, and once they step out they are illegals. What is happening now is that most of the people who work there are young Italian people who want to bring help to people fleeing from war situations, and most of these workers are underpaid students who see their contracts renewed weekly, and have very little power to do anything interesting and are themselves in a very precarious situation.

In Italy there are thousands of people arriving every week because it's the entrance door to Europe. The reality is that most people do not want to face the reality, many others actually exploit these migrants (I am thinking of the case of the city of Rosarno in Calabria where Africans were picking tomatoes for 2 euros per hour, sleeping direct on the camp)

There are constantly boats in southern Italy trying to rescue these people, and then to put them in camps where their identities are checked.

Also, once someone has its fingerprints taken, he can not legally live in another country of the EU, which is an absurd situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World