Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst "Rich" Countries to Live in?
Bahamas 7 12.73%
Panama 5 9.09%
Saint Kitts & Nevis 7 12.73%
Antigua & Barbuda 6 10.91%
Trinidad & Tobago 6 10.91%
ÃŒceland 6 10.91%
Finland 7 12.73%
Estonia 6 10.91%
Latvia 5 9.09%
Lithuania 7 12.73%
Poland 5 9.09%
Slovakia 4 7.27%
Hungary 6 10.91%
Equatorial Guinea 32 58.18%
Gabon 17 30.91%
Seychelles 10 18.18%
Oman 16 29.09%
United Arab Emirates 14 25.45%
Qatar 20 36.36%
Bahrain 19 34.55%
Kuwait 19 34.55%
Israel 10 18.18%
Russia 18 32.73%
Kazakhstan 20 36.36%
Malaysia 12 21.82%
Brunei 18 32.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 03:54 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
How do you know what kind of situation the people were in i met? They might have been tourists/students.

Again how do you know what these people say to me?
I read your mind. You get a lot of tourists there from Tajikistan and Burkina Faso??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Sounding exactly like Romania and how I describe my epic experience there. Bizarre you don't have mutual feelings and thoughts on Romania. You might always alter your mind.

You are technically wrong with the assessment because Kazakhstan, and Azerbaijan are quite wealthy in terms of per capita income compared with the other Ex-Soviet nations in between Europe and Asia..
I happen to like Romania quite a lot, and have since my first visit there before you were born,. Every country no matter how nice it is, has an "ugliest city", and in Romania it is Constanta. 30% of Romania is mountains, yes, but you can't see them from Conanta. 99% of Kyrgyzstan is mountains, with snow caps visible all year from virtually any vantage polint in the country -- how come mountains count so much for Romania, but not Kyrgyzstan? The only thing bad I've said about anyplace in Romania is Constanta. Braila is a nicer town than Constanta -- but you insisted on bad-mouthing Braila. I rushed to defend it, but you shouted me down.

Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan have oil wealth (like Gabon and Equatorial Guinea), but the working class is not much better off, if any, than in the similar neighboring countries. In spite of Azerbaijan's wealth, Nagorno-Karabakh has seceded from the country, to join the much poorer Armenia.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-18-2015 at 04:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 5 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,915,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I happen to like Romania quite a lot, and have since my first visit there before you were born,. Every country no matter how nice it is, has an "ugliest city", and in Romania it is Constanta. 30% of Romania is mountains, yes, but you can't see them from Conanta. 99% of Kyrgyzstan is mountains, with snow caps visible all year from virtually any vantage polint in the country -- how come mountains count so much for Romania, but not Kyrgyzstan? The only thing bad I've said about anyplace in Romania is Constanta. Braila is a nicer town than Constanta -- but you insisted on bad-mouthing Braila. I rushed to defend it, but you shouted me down.

Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan have oil wealth (like Gabon and Equatorial Guinea), but the working class is not much better off, if any, than in the similar neighboring countries. In spite of Azerbaijan's wealth, Nagorno-Karabakh has seceded from the country, to join the much poorer Armenia.
Wow, I didn't acknowledge you already respect Romania, and enjoy your time. Beneficial for you.

However, there is no way Constanta is the ugliest city in Romania. The city is quite beautiful, even if not Brasov, Sibiu, or Cluj Napoca Carpathia area of Romania. The beaches of Constanta resemble a tropical vibe in the summer months, World class Mamaia nightlife entertaining zone, Ovidiu Square of Constanta(Includes at least 10-20 blocks in reference), and Port Thomis(Not a Port there at all, an Independent Business recreation utopia). Neo-Brancovenesque buildings are all over Constanta, and extremely eclectic variation of buildings.

http://blackseatourism.net/new/wp-co...TA-832x350.jpg

Post number 2: Picture 6, 7, 9, and 10 are all in Constanta. Hypnotically alluring visual attractions are around.
My Epic, Real, Happy Travel Adventure on 5 Countries of Europe in France, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Romania[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]

You are right on Kyrgyzstan. I already know on the landscape coverage there. Yet people sometimes don't really remember Romania has a vast zone of alpine mountainous scenery with occasional high mountains. Even I omit the memory at times. Best of both Worlds with the Carpathian mountains, and Brasov, Sibiu, Bran Castle, Peles Castle, Sinaia, Sighisoara, and Cluj Napoca.

What are Kyrgyzstan's alpine cities like compared with them or Bishkek?

Maybe the economy is not really highly diversified yet with Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. The flaw of the oil depending alliance. At the same time, they are still vastly wealthier than Georgia, or Tajikistan. Have you visited Armenia this past summer? What is your reflection of Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Armenia compared with Kyrgyzstan?

Old 09-18-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Georgia: too traditional/religious, bordering Russia
Armenia: too traditional/religious, bordering Iran
Azerbaijan: islamic, bordering Russia and Iran
Kyrgyzstan: islamic, too far from ocean
Bhutan: too traditional/religious, kinda isolated
Maldives: islamic, too isolated
Why are you endlessly prejudice towards ANY Muslim majority nation or Russia and always negatively stigmatizing them?

There are tons of relatively secular, and progressive welcoming enough Muslims majority nations like Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, UAE, and Albania. Although, many of them also have a significant percentage of Christians, Buddhists, or Hindus.

Traditional and Religious is not always a flaw, and sometimes enhance authentic culture, and a pleasantly exotic atmosphere. Depending on the version of identification.

Russia, and Iran won't cause any problems with those nations anytime soon or ever in the future. They are already swamped.

Kyrgyzstan has Issyk Kul Biosphere Reserve. The massive lake there might feel like an ocean.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Have you visited Armenia this past summer? What is your reflection of Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Armenia compared with Kyrgyzstan?
I don't really like to try to quantitatively compare places that are so different. Obviously the stans are similar to each other, even speaking a mutually intelligible languages, and there are great similarities in the character of Almaty and Bishkek, which are only a couple of hours apart. . I cannot fairly compare Armenia, where I saw only one provincial town, and Georgia, where I saw just the two biggest cities.

But, as I alluded to at some length earlier in this or another thread, the Soviet influence over nearly a century and the remaining presence of a large Russian minority with is culture and language, had an uniform effect on the development of the six former Soviet republics I've seen, which in my view had a great head start in their lives as independent republics, in terms of the egalitarian social legacy and the well-formed infrastructure and public institutions. They are all much, much better off than their PPP would predict, cashing in an unexpected dividend of the Soviet experience. I would not be surprised it Romania benefited in a similar way, but I haven't had a proper visit there since the communist era.

B

Old 09-19-2015, 04:34 AM

10,640 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Quote:
Why are you endlessly prejudice towards ANY Muslim majority nation or Russia and always negatively stigmatizing them?

There are tons of relatively secular, and progressive welcoming enough Muslims majority nations like Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, UAE, and Albania.

Russia, and Iran won't cause any problems with those nations anytime soon or ever in the future. They are already swamped.

Kyrgyzstan has Issyk Kul Biosphere Reserve. The massive lake there might feel like an ocean.
Bad experiences.

Indonesia and UAE progressive They lock up people for saying they are atheist on facebook

Russia already caused enough problems in those nations not that long ago.

I don't really like to swim in the ocean, just like to see and hear the waves.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:

Russia already caused enough problems in those nations not that long ago.
What convinces you that a good infrastructure of public facilities and high standards of universal health care and education are "problems" that people in the CIS states had to be burdened with? The Soviets left behind, 25 yaers ago, very high quality systems of roads, railways, seaports, water systems, electrical power grids, etc., that other third world countries have not matched to this day. Why do you, who have never seen them, insist on calling them "problems"? The Soviets left behind facilities and trained staff for high standards of public health and education, and a nearly 100% literate population of skilled and well-trained professionals and technicians. Why was that a problem that obstructed the development of newly independent states?

Why not explain some of these things, instead of just exculating more and more one-liners that have no basis other than your vivid imagination and the "documentaries" delivered to your TV for your indoctrination by the for-profit media-industrial complex..

Old 09-19-2015, 08:06 AM

10,640 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Quote:
What convinces you that a good infrastructure of public facilities and high standards of universal health care and education are "problems" that people in the CIS states had to be burdened with? The Soviets left behind, 25 yaers ago, very high quality systems of roads, railways, seaports, water systems, electrical power grids, etc., that other third world countries have not matched to this day. Why do you, who have never seen them, insist on calling them "problems"? The Soviets left behind facilities and trained staff for high standards of public health and education, and a nearly 100% literate population of skilled and well-trained professionals and technicians. Why was that a problem that obstructed the development of newly independent states?

Why not explain some of these things, instead of just exculating more and more one-liners that have no basis other than your vivid imagination and the "documentaries" delivered to your TV for your indoctrination by the for-profit media-industrial complex..
I wasn't talking about the Soviet Union but the Russo-Georgian War, 7 years ago.

I try but i lack the talent of writing long and strong sentences in non-Dutch, maybe it is because i wasn't born in a country where English is the first language. Kinda frustrating because my English when speaking is not that bad.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about the Soviet Union but the Russo-Georgian War, 7 years ago.
If you're going to take the trouble to comment, take the trouble to say what you are commenting about.

"Russia already caused enough problems in Georgia seven years ago" should not overfly challenge your linguistic skills.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I happen to like Romania quite a lot, and have since my first visit there before you were born,. Every country no matter how nice it is, has an "ugliest city", and in Romania it is Constanta. 30% of Romania is mountains, yes, but you can't see them from Constanta. 99% of Kyrgyzstan is mountains, with snow caps visible all year from virtually any vantage polint in the country -- how come mountains count so much for Romania, but not Kyrgyzstan? The only thing bad I've said about anyplace in Romania is Constanta. Braila is a nicer town than Constanta....?????
Undeniably invigorating, and satisfying news you have altered your mind on Romania, and maybe even Constanta. Braila is nothing compared to epic Constanta.

I don't think foreigners usually know anything relevant to Constanta. I stayed around Constanta area of Romania at least 3 various summers at least 1 month each time. I am really deeply attached, and love the area of Constanta, feeling the incredible value, and occasionally an ultra exotic hidden treasure. Very comfortable when I visit, and I have to defend this city towards people not really knowing this Romanian beach city.

Justifiable evidence Constanta is objectively a beautiful beach city, and is not ugly at all.

Same phrase in Romanian: Dovezi justificată Constanta este un oras frumos convingătoare plajă, și nu este urât deloc. Trebuie să afișeze fotografii. Bilingual World

1. Resembling a tropical beach in the summer. Wow! Looks even more tropical than Costa Rica Pacific Ocean beaches, and matching Cancun's tone of the magical aura.

2. Someone tell me scientifically why the Black Sea gets this visual tropical reflection in the summer.

3. Ovidiu Square Constanta. There is a 10-20 blocks zone of unique version of urban landscape architecture around Ovidiu.

4. The name of this Romania architecture is Neo-Brancovenesque Classical Revival.

5. A Golden Shine Building. A variant of Brancovenesque. I wonder this building is like night time.

7 What is the name of this architecture?

9. House Of Lions Constanta Romania, Another mysterious type of architecture
Whirlpool Building

10. Constanta has some common similarities to Varna Bulgaria, Batumi Georgia, and Odessa Ukraine, yet each Black Sea city is unique.

11. Magical surprise on Constanta Romania beach front yet again.

12. Cafe Del Mar Constanta

13. A Discoteque Nightclub In Mamaia nightlife zone, technically belonging to Constanta.

There is at least 10 World Class Discoteque Nightclubs in Constanta Mamaia nightlife zone.

14. Club Bellagio Mamaia Constanta

15. Constanta Romania

You selecting Batumi Georgia(In Between Europe and Asia) is understandable, yet I think at this point you acknowledge Constanta is a beach city treat worth respecting when appropriate with analyzing various destination zones of Romania.

Last edited by ; 09-20-2015 at 07:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World