Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 04:14 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,214,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Since some of the European countries are accepting people without a background check, you can join those Syrian immigrants. Don't tell them you are American, don't carry any IDs on you, and tell them are a migrant fleeing ISIS. They might take you.

You might have to tan yourself first and maybe fake an accent.
Please dont think that background check can not be done if not having IDs.
In first place it takes around 2 hours and first complete check is done and found out if you are offering fairytales.
When next checking takes place(If you got thru from first), you will 100% sure "Burn" and return to the orginal country starts, before that arrested if needed.
Same with fake accent, it is not helping at anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 06:55 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The bulk of taxes does not come from "workers", it comes from the owners of capital, or from professionals who receive hundreds of dollars an hour for applying what they know how to do, which is in no sense "hard-earned".
May very well be true, but it was still painful for me to write the quarterly Federal Income Tax estimated payment this morning. $14,900 and every penny earned by hard physical labor by my husband, who is a self-employed mechanic. Somehow it doesn't make me feel better to know that some people work less yet make even more money and pay more taxes, OR that my husband's labor is supporting people like the OP.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
May very well be true, but it was still painful for me to write the quarterly Federal Income Tax estimated payment this morning. $14,900 and every penny earned by hard physical labor by my husband, who is a self-employed mechanic. Somehow it doesn't make me feel better to know that some people work less yet make even more money and pay more taxes, OR that my husband's labor is supporting people like the OP.
I paid my taxes, too. And I'm glad that made it possible to walk through the streets without stepping over the bodies of beggars. My labor, meager as it was, supported them and I am thankful that they were supported somehow. I feel sad for the souls of those who were forced to grudgingly support them. Now that I am retired and pay no taxes, I still give 5-10% of my pension income to people deserving of dignity, to whom the money makes a difference in their lives.

If your income tax is $60K a year, somehow it doesn't make me weep over your after-taxes take-home pay, which is more in two days than my whole budget for the month.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-11-2015 at 07:29 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If your income tax is $60K a year, somehow it doesn't make me weep over your after-taxes take-home pay.
Plus the state income tax of $15,000. We are in a 40% tax bracket. Do the math. You may be surprised that a family of five in Orange County, CA is not necessarily living in the lap of luxury on this income. Might be different if we lived in Arkansas or West Virginia.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:36 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Plus the state income tax of $15,000. We are in a 40% tax bracket. Do the math. You may be surprised that a family of five in Orange County, CA is not necessarily living in the lap of luxury on this income. Might be different if we lived in Arkansas or West Virginia.
You are in a bad position ( as many Americans like your husband, because it looks like the lion share of taxes now is on their shoulders, because - here are few interesting facts....)

"..Demanding that the wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share in taxes. As president, Sen. Sanders will stop corporations from shifting their profits and jobs overseas to avoid paying U.S. income taxes. He will create a progressive estate tax on the top 0.3 percent of Americans who inherit more than $3.5 million. He will also enact a tax on Wall Street speculators who caused millions of Americans to lose their jobs, homes, and life savings."

( here is the rest)

https://berniesanders.com/issues/inc...th-inequality/

Old 09-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Yes, and it's the principle of the thing as well. You make money by the sweat of your brow, working on your feet 10 hours a day, and then you send 40% of it off to the government. Which is okay if it's going to things like the infrastructure, and of course, the elderly, disabled, etc., but then there are people like the OP who could work and support themselves but just don't want to because they can collect other people's money.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, and it's the principle of the thing as well. You make money by the sweat of your brow, working on your feet 10 hours a day, and then you send 40% of it off to the government. Which is okay if it's going to things like the infrastructure, and of course, the elderly, disabled, etc., but then there are people like the OP who could work and support themselves but just don't want to because they can collect other people's money.
No, I can completely sympathize with OP who doesn't want to be a little screw off whose back money are made by others; what I can't sympathize with, is all those corporate types, on the top of pyramid, who make this grinder going and reap all the advantages by making someone like your husband to pay THEIR share in taxes instead.

P.S. How would he be able to "collect other people's money" I wonder?

Old 09-11-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. How would he be able to "collect other people's money" I wonder?
I'm not exactly sure, but that is apparently his goal in life. Hence his great interest in emigrating to a country with a more comprehensive welfare system.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure, but that is apparently his goal in life. Hence his great interest in emigrating to a country with a more comprehensive welfare system.
Correct, since he won't be able to do it in the US ( he will have to bring the medical proof from doctors that he is handicapped,) so the system will be "working him" - i.e. keeping him in this grinder of giving every penny he makes, back to corporations/landlords for his upkeep ( basically food/rood over his head) with no way out. The only way out will be panhandling on the streets as someone mentioned here.
That's why he is ready to look for asylum elsewhere; - in a more merciful society with "more comprehensive welfare system" - precisely as you've said. A society that doesn't force people work ( for someone else's gains) up to the breaking point.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentoo View Post
if you want to go to a nordic country, first remember that switzerland isn't one of them.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World