U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:58 PM

7,190 posts, read 12,771,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
About the first one (french) I believe that few would agree that Argentina is safer than chile, that equals Haiti...
Dutch Travel Agency probably involved a more accurate illustration compared to French Ministry Of Foreign Affairs. Argentina and Chile are the safest countries with all of South America, yet Argentina is having some more controversy when grouped with Chile.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
On the Dutch map, I went this year to a red country (Armenia) and four yellow ones (Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey). I can't imagine any countries any safer than those. At lest, in those, you can depend on people to be friendly, hospitable, generous and helpful, which you cannot say about a lot of green countries.

My wife, who is 70, had a 20-hour stopover in Istanbul and went all over the city by herself on public mass transportation at eleven oclock at night, and never felt anything other than perfectly comfortable and safe, albeit at times lost and dependent on local strangers to find her way around.

Not all of Armenia is on a red classification when viewed more closely. Areas of Armenia is ranked at a more than satisfactory yellow rank Safety Concerns rather than Don't Travel Here. Kyrgyzstan deserves another classification of identification.

Travel experience, Stories Of Anecdote, and World outlook is realistically a more accurate measure than Global maps occasionally at times.

I used to defend Turkey, yet right now I have altered my own analyzing of the country. Turkey is extremely divided more than ever before compared to 2000-2015, and can't get grouped into a single category. There is more than enough zones of Turkey to warrant respect, and wanting to travel there as a foreigner despite any risk involved long term.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:51 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,259,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Dutch Travel Agency probably involved a more accurate illustration compared to French Ministry Of Foreign Affairs. Argentina and Chile are the safest countries with all of South America, yet Argentina is having some more controversy when grouped with Chile.
...which is definitively light years safer than Haiti

Old 11-16-2015, 08:58 AM

10,533 posts, read 14,709,864 times
Quote:

I used to defend Turkey, yet right now I have altered my own analyzing of the country. Turkey is extremely divided more than ever before compared to 2000-2015, and can't get grouped into a single category. There is more than enough zones of Turkey to warrant respect, and wanting to travel there as a foreigner despite any risk involved long term.
Re-electing Erdogan will only make things worse.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Re-electing Erdogan will only make things worse.
I have lost my faith with unconditional safety of Turkey. Completely altered my opinions just five months later. Although, I am willing to take the risk right around the Mediterranean regions, Turkish Black Sea(How obscure! Even Romania's Black Sea is an alien.), Pontic Mountain range, and Istanbul. Basically everywhere except the far Southeast border lands.

Unfortunately, Turkey is going downhill compared to one decade ago. Emerging trouble. Tourism might get negatively affected, if not already. At least there are enough redeeming traits going on to encourage enough visiting.

When exactly have you travelled to Turkey, and what area? Would you go there now compared to before considering their recent domestic external affairs right now?

Old 01-16-2016, 02:07 PM

192 posts, read 153,311 times
Quote:
I have lost my faith with unconditional safety of Turkey. Completely altered my opinions just five months later. Although, I am willing to take the risk right around the Mediterranean regions, Turkish Black Sea(How obscure! Even Romania's Black Sea is an alien.), Pontic Mountain range, and Istanbul. Basically everywhere except the far Southeast border lands.

Unfortunately, Turkey is going downhill compared to one decade ago. Emerging trouble. Tourism might get negatively affected, if not already. At least there are enough redeeming traits going on to encourage enough visiting.

When exactly have you traveled to Turkey, and what area? Would you go there now compared to before considering their recent domestic external affairs right now?
If you go to Istanbul, stay away from political rallies and tour groups. And anyone with a large beard (except the ones with tattoos, piercings or hipster haircuts).

Two years I wouldn't have hesitated to go to any part of Turkey. Nowadays, I'm super-vigilant just walking down the street in Istanbul.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:57 PM

1,088 posts, read 684,602 times
A world traveler faces many deadly perils in many hotspots around the world:

- Deadly disease/virus outbreaks
- Parasite laden unsafe water
- Drug kingpins crossfire
- Warring, bombing, Islamic insurgency, kidnaping
- Social unrests from independence movement

Many governments travel advisory can easily lose track of current events around the world.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:40 PM

10,533 posts, read 14,709,864 times
Quote:
When exactly have you travelled to Turkey, and what area? Would you go there now compared to before considering their recent domestic external affairs right now?
Antalya Province, 2002 and 2011.

I wouldn't travel to any Islamic country right now.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci View Post
If you go to Istanbul, stay away from political rallies and tour groups. And anyone with a large beard (except the ones with tattoos, piercings or hipster haircuts).

Two years I wouldn't have hesitated to go to any part of Turkey. Nowadays, I'm super-vigilant just walking down the street in Istanbul.
Despite some radicalism, is Turkey a relatively progressive and secular enough Islam majority nation? Are you a native Turkish citizen, and living in the country of Turkey? Really interesting background story. CD World Forums gets posters from all over this World. At least more than 50 nations. Not only those North American ones. I guess I don't really seem North American occasionally. lol I just enjoy to endlessly talk about Europe or Asia, and everything in between.

Woah, extremely bizarre Turkey is this hijacked occasionally just two years later. Are you ever feeling nostalgic or deeply missing the past? Honestly, I have this exact mindset with all of Planet Earth, including where I live with NYC, and Seattle. They both declined way too much just 2 years later. Despite some problems, Turkey is still a very amazing and exotic country of wonder with tons of touristic destinations everywhere. Turkey is the 6th highest visited nation in the entire Planet Earth according to international tourist arrivals with around 39.8 million foreigners traveling there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings Tons of marvelous areas to live around Turkey too.

I just really hope they stabilize the internal or neighboring external situation before ever getting worse. Is this just because of Syria and nothing else? What is your expert opinion to why just some years later everything got more confusing?

With my own careful thinking, I am enthusiastic to travel almost anywhere even right now around the country of Turkey. Except for the extreme far southeast border regions less than 5 miles away from the Syria border. That is less than 1% of the nation anyways. Are you agreeing with those Travel Maps on post number 2 page 1?

When or if I get my Romania paid farm work upcoming spring-summer-autumn right around my Uncle's farm of Constanta Romania, I want to use the extra money to travel right before or after to Istanbul Turkey, Bulgaria, Georgia, and maybe even Cyprus or Azerbaijan.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:51 PM

11,584 posts, read 8,395,914 times
The Dutch map is really bad when it comes to Latin America. Chile, Patagonia, Bolivia and Peru should not be on the same level as Venezuela, El Salvador or Northern Mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World