Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:27 PM

15,106 posts, read 15,757,609 times

Advertisements

Most people are travel wimps.. No way to live if you ask me! If I had to relegate travel to green countries only I think i'd want to blow myself up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 01:06 PM

141 posts, read 147,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Most people are travel wimps.. No way to live if you ask me! If I had to relegate travel to green countries only I think i'd want to blow myself up.
I agree.

I can speak on behalf of my country, these maps look like they've been carelessly done.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Each map is specific enough to believe they are legitimate, and not recklessly complete.

Which exact cases are you not agreeing with? Explain.

Those maps have a to entertain value. Not always having to be extremely accurate. There is more than adequate accuracy to qualify those online Global maps, and include them.
The yellow parts mainly. I just don't understand why it comes under 'reinforced alertness'. I would feel safer in these places than I do here in America. But the red parts I do agree with and the border of the whole country.

Unless diseases and road safety are considered in this map, I don't think reinforced alertness is needed.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:50 PM

10,624 posts, read 15,946,023 times
Quote:

Thailand (Except The Far South Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, Satun Provinces)
Most of Songkhla and Satun are fine, should not be in the same group as Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:16 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,800,707 times
Quote:
Making my own destiny of future travel. My own classification system to define.

Everywhere recorded to ideas of safety within my rational standard of observation.

Star 1: Extremely Safe: No Special Safety Concerns To Me

Color Code Dark Green

Portugal
Andorra
Slovakia
Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Iceland
Czech Republic
Poland
Romania
Denmark
Croatia
Slovenia
Montenegro
Albania
Bulgaria
Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia
Finland
Vietnam
Taiwan
South Korea
Japan
Mainland China
Malaysia
Singapore
Kazakhstan
New Zealand
Australia
USA
Fiji
Kyrgyzstan
Cyprus
Argentina
Chile
Peru
Costa Rica
Panama
Canada
Azerbaijan, Especially Around Absheron region of Baku or anywhere outside of Nakhchivan, Kalbajar-Lachin, some of Yukhari-Garabagh
Georgia outside of breakaway Abkhazia, South Ossetia
UAE
Qatar
Bahrain
Thailand (Except The Far South Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, Satun Provinces)
Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula, Mexico City)
Bhutan

Star 2: Usually To Always Very Safe. Sometimes Subtle Or Slight Safety Concerns. Barely Noticeable A Vast Majority of The Time. Not Ever Discouraged To Go There. Close Or Almost Always Equal To Star 1 Safety.

Color Code Green to Light Green

Belgium
France
Netherlands
Italy
Hungary
Sweden
Norway
Serbia
Bosnia
Macedonia
Germany
Spain
Belarus
Indonesia
Brazil
Sri Lanka
Nepal
Mauritius
Laos
Cambodia
Oman
Philippines (Except Mindanao island)
All Of Russia, except Dagestan, Chechnya, central border south micro zones, and Russia-Eastern Ukraine border
Turkish Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkish Black Sea (Not Far Interior to Southeast)
Pretty Much Everywhere Else In Mexico outside of Mexico City, Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula

Star 3: Emerging Safety Concerns. Close to Ambivalent Extra Mixed Reflection. I Might Venture Into Those Territories Rather Easily Without Getting Too Discouraged, Yet With Some Caution

Color Code Yellow (Medium Turquoise to amplify read through text)

Morocco
Tunisia
Armenia
Mindanao island of Philippines
Honduras
El Salvador
South Africa
Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Gabon
Ghana
Namibia
Botswana
Tajikistan
Abkhazia
Lviv or Odessa Ukraine, Any area West of Kiev, Crimean Peninsula

Star 4: Not Very Safe. Troubling Situation Or Observable Conflict. Only Necessary Travel. Desperate Concerns Or Interest To Not Avoid Total Discouraged Attitudes.

Code Orange

Almost all of Algeria
Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, Satun Provinces of extreme far south border lands of Thailand
Egypt
Niger
Mauritania
Pakistan
All Of Yemen, except for Socotra Island
Interior Southeast regions of Turkey outside of the Turkish Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkish Black Sea (Hatay, Kilis, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mardin, Sirnak, Hakkari, maybe even Tunceli, and Ankara). However, around 72 to 74 Provinces of Turkey minus around 7 to 9 of them are infinitely more safe and stable that are in Star 2: Color Green To Light Green.

Star 5: Conspicuously Blatantly Dangerous. I Would Never Travel To Those Zones

Color Code Red

Afghanistan
Libya
Somalia
Syria
Iraq
Far Eastern Ukraine Donetsk, Luhansk, Up To Near Kharkiv

Star 6: Unknown Or Undecided

Socotra Island Of Yemen
Iran
Ethiopia
Mindanao Island of the Philippines
Crimean Peninsula of Ukraine
Mongolia
Mozambique
Bangladesh
Israel
Lebanon
Jordan
Myanmar

All posters let us know your individual method of criteria for various areas of this World. Encouraging safe to very dangerous not welcoming to foreigners identification realm!
Bahrain isn't safe. There are conflicts between Shias and Sunnis and protests are common despite attempts at repression from the local monarchy.
Southeastern Turkey should be safer, nowhere near the level of more unstable countries
Western and Central Ukraine is as safe as Poland is except fear of uprisings given the deep recession the country is going in
What baffles is why you consider Hungary, Italy, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway and heck even Belgium to be more unsafe than other Western European countries. Especially Italy, who hasn't ever had a single Islamic terroristic attack

Old 04-11-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:

Everywhere recorded to ideas of safety within my rational standard of observation.

Star 3: Emerging Safety Concerns. Close to Ambivalent Extra Mixed Reflection. I Might Venture Into Those Territories Rather Easily Without Getting Too Discouraged, Yet With Some Caution

Color Code Yellow (Medium Turquoise to amplify read through text)

Morocco
Tunisia
Armenia
Mindanao island of Philippines
Honduras
El Salvador
South Africa
Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Gabon
Ghana
Namibia
Botswana
Tajikistan
Abkhazia
Lviv or Odessa Ukraine, Any area West of Kiev, Crimean Peninsula

All posters let us know your individual method of criteria for various areas of this World. Encouraging safe to very dangerous not welcoming to foreigners identification realm!
Ghana (from what I've read and been told about) is quite safe and I think it is safer than South Africa, in regards to crime.
And as for my country, I've said everything above, otherwise, you'd have to see it to believe it . (or read peoples accounts after visiting it).

Old 04-13-2016, 12:13 PM

8,850 posts, read 8,369,443 times
Quote:

Star 1: Extremely Safe: No Special Safety Concerns To Me

Color Code Dark Green

Portugal
Andorra
Slovakia
Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Iceland
Czech Republic
Poland
Romania
Denmark
Croatia
Slovenia
Montenegro
Albania
Bulgaria
Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia
Finland
Vietnam
Taiwan
South Korea
Japan
Mainland China
Malaysia
Singapore
Kazakhstan
New Zealand
Australia
USA
Fiji
Kyrgyzstan
Cyprus
Argentina
Chile
Peru
Costa Rica
Panama
Canada
Azerbaijan, Especially Around Absheron region of Baku or anywhere outside of Nakhchivan, Kalbajar-Lachin, some of Yukhari-Garabagh
Georgia outside of breakaway Abkhazia, South Ossetia
UAE
Qatar
Bahrain
Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula, Mexico City)
Bhutan

Star 2: Usually To Always Very Safe. Sometimes Subtle Or Slight Safety Concerns. Barely Noticeable A Vast Majority of The Time. Not Ever Discouraged To Go There. Close Or Almost Always Equal To Star 1 Safety.

Color Code Green to Light Green

Belgium
France
Netherlands
Italy
Hungary
Sweden
Norway
Serbia
Bosnia
Macedonia
Germany
Spain
Belarus
Indonesia
Brazil
Sri Lanka
Nepal
Mauritius
Laos
Cambodia
Oman
Philippines (Except Mindanao island)
All Of Russia, except Dagestan, Chechnya, central border south micro zones, and Russia-Eastern Ukraine border
Turkish Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkish Black Sea (Not Far Interior to Southeast)
Pretty Much Everywhere Else In Mexico outside of Mexico City, Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula
In what kind of parallel universe are China, Thailand, Mexico, and Malaysia safer than the Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Norway, or Spain?

Old 04-14-2016, 01:57 AM

1,330 posts, read 2,594,852 times
Appart the bombing in March what did happen in Belgium? Nothing.
You seem to give a lot of importance to a relatively small terror cell that could have been located in any western country.

Belgium is safe, you are still more likely to be killed in the United States.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:20 AM

8,850 posts, read 8,369,443 times
Quote:
Unwarranted harsh criticism originating out of you. Quite spontaneous and not a matter to anticipate in return.

Honestly, Star 2 Classification system is usually equal to Star 1 on merit of recognition. You have a false interpretation. Okay, I have altered my mind on a vast majority of those European nations. Sweden, Norway, Hungary, and Italy now go to Star 1 Extremely Safe realm. Undecided about France, Germany, Spain. They are able to go into Star 1 or Star 2 either way. Usually To Always Very Safe, Except A Few Times Some Exceptions Abnormalities.

Observing you haven't referred to Belgium. Is this really the most dangerous nation right in all of mainland Europe other than Ukraine-Russia? Incredible. Too much news articles with all types of ISIS threats there to say otherwise.
Sorry if you found me rude. I was just surprised by your perception of safety.

I didn't mention Belgium because I didn't feel like quoting every country on your list, not because I find it more dangerous.

Malaysia is notorious for robbery. It's most certainly not a safe country. And seriously, Mexico? China and Thailand are ok for the most parts (except for traffic), though I would definitely not consider them to be 'extremely safe'.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:28 AM

10,624 posts, read 15,946,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
And seriously, Mexico? China and Thailand are ok for the most parts (except for traffic), though I would definitely not consider them to be 'extremely safe'.
Thailand and China are pretty safe compared to Mexico.
I just saw the question mark behind Mexico haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World