U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 12:13 PM

8,590 posts, read 7,145,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Making my own destiny of future travel. My own classification system to define.

Everywhere recorded to ideas of safety within my rational standard of observation.

Star 1: Extremely Safe: No Special Safety Concerns To Me

Color Code Dark Green

Portugal
Andorra
Slovakia
Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Iceland
Czech Republic
Poland
Romania
Denmark
Croatia
Slovenia
Montenegro
Albania
Bulgaria
Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia
Finland
Vietnam
Taiwan
South Korea
Japan
Mainland China
Malaysia
Singapore
Kazakhstan
New Zealand
Australia
USA
Fiji
Kyrgyzstan
Cyprus
Argentina
Chile
Peru
Costa Rica
Panama
Canada
Azerbaijan, Especially Around Absheron region of Baku or anywhere outside of Nakhchivan, Kalbajar-Lachin, some of Yukhari-Garabagh
Georgia outside of breakaway Abkhazia, South Ossetia
UAE
Qatar
Bahrain
Thailand (Except The Far South Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, Satun Provinces)
Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula, Mexico City)
Bhutan

Star 2: Usually To Always Very Safe. Sometimes Subtle Or Slight Safety Concerns. Barely Noticeable A Vast Majority of The Time. Not Ever Discouraged To Go There. Close Or Almost Always Equal To Star 1 Safety.

Color Code Green to Light Green

Belgium
France
Netherlands
Italy
Hungary
Sweden
Norway
Serbia
Bosnia
Macedonia
Germany
Spain
Belarus
Indonesia
Brazil
Sri Lanka
Nepal
Mauritius
Laos
Cambodia
Oman
Philippines (Except Mindanao island)
All Of Russia, except Dagestan, Chechnya, central border south micro zones, and Russia-Eastern Ukraine border
Turkish Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkish Black Sea (Not Far Interior to Southeast)
Pretty Much Everywhere Else In Mexico outside of Mexico City, Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula
In what kind of parallel universe are China, Thailand, Mexico, and Malaysia safer than the Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Norway, or Spain?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 03:41 PM

7,190 posts, read 12,767,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
In what kind of parallel universe are China, Thailand, Mexico, and Malaysia safer than the Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Norway, or Spain?
Unwarranted harsh criticism originating out of you. Quite spontaneous and not a matter to anticipate in return.

Honestly, Star 2 Classification system is usually equal to Star 1 on merit of recognition. You have a false interpretation. Okay, I have altered my mind on a vast majority of those European nations. Sweden, Norway, Hungary, and Italy now go to Star 1 Extremely Safe realm. Undecided about France, Germany, Spain. They are able to go into Star 1 or Star 2 either way. Usually To Always Very Safe, Except A Few Times Some Exceptions Abnormalities.

Observing you haven't referred to Belgium. Is this really the most dangerous nation right in all of mainland Europe other than Ukraine-Russia? Incredible. Too much news articles with all types of ISIS threats there to say otherwise.

France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, UK deals with subtle to measurable issues of ISIS emergence, yet not to the same level compared of Belgium lately. Ugh, why would they allow that much Muslims? Brussels is allegedly at least 25% to 30% Muslim. Massive immigration of Buddhist Agnostic Atheist or Christian East Southeast Asians is infinitely more of the right option to stay stable with diversity. Or even tons of Hispanic Spanish Latin migrants similar to the USA. Too late to reverse the situation of immigration affairs. At least modifying the safety etiquette is necessary.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:57 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,456,103 times
Appart the bombing in March what did happen in Belgium? Nothing.
You seem to give a lot of importance to a relatively small terror cell that could have been located in any western country.

Belgium is safe, you are still more likely to be killed in the United States.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:20 AM

8,590 posts, read 7,145,378 times
Quote:
Unwarranted harsh criticism originating out of you. Quite spontaneous and not a matter to anticipate in return.

Honestly, Star 2 Classification system is usually equal to Star 1 on merit of recognition. You have a false interpretation. Okay, I have altered my mind on a vast majority of those European nations. Sweden, Norway, Hungary, and Italy now go to Star 1 Extremely Safe realm. Undecided about France, Germany, Spain. They are able to go into Star 1 or Star 2 either way. Usually To Always Very Safe, Except A Few Times Some Exceptions Abnormalities.

Observing you haven't referred to Belgium. Is this really the most dangerous nation right in all of mainland Europe other than Ukraine-Russia? Incredible. Too much news articles with all types of ISIS threats there to say otherwise.
Sorry if you found me rude. I was just surprised by your perception of safety.

I didn't mention Belgium because I didn't feel like quoting every country on your list, not because I find it more dangerous.

Malaysia is notorious for robbery. It's most certainly not a safe country. And seriously, Mexico? China and Thailand are ok for the most parts (except for traffic), though I would definitely not consider them to be 'extremely safe'.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:28 AM

10,532 posts, read 14,705,135 times
Quote:
And seriously, Mexico? China and Thailand are ok for the most parts (except for traffic), though I would definitely not consider them to be 'extremely safe'.
Thailand and China are pretty safe compared to Mexico.
I just saw the question mark behind Mexico haha.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Sorry if you found me rude. I was just surprised by your perception of safety.

I didn't mention Belgium because I didn't feel like quoting every country on your list, not because I find it more dangerous.

Malaysia is notorious for robbery. It's most certainly not a safe country. And seriously, Mexico? China and Thailand are ok for the most parts (except for traffic), though I would definitely not consider them to be 'extremely safe'.
Now there is just a false understanding. Upon closer retrospection, you are politely saying your honest opinions with what areas of countries you regard as extremely safe.

Despite some minor flaws of disagreeing, you agree with a vast majority of my classification system. Outside of very few rare exceptions you have told earlier.

Of course people's own various travel observations is very subjective too. Individual wise, I want to see everyone else's thoughts of where they rank all of these specific zones.

All of those mainland European countries are allowed to qualify into Star 1 Extremely Safe, or Star 2 Usually To Always Very Safe, with the main exclusion towards some regions of Eastern Ukraine-Southwestern Russia. Wow, Malaysia's crime rate is quite unknown! Although, countries resembling Brazil is continuing to identify as very safe. Malaysia's crime rate is even lower. I might alter my mind on China, and Thailand(Outside of the far south Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani micro Provinces) to at the minimum Usually To Always Very Safe Enough.

Are you willing to travel for any of the more dangerous zones below the Star 2 Identification? From Emerging Safety Concerns Code Yellow to lower? Usually, I won't mind for Star 3 "Emerging Safety Concerns. Close to Ambivalent Extra Mixed Reflection. I Might Venture Into Those Territories Rather Easily Without Getting Too Discouraged, Yet With Some Caution", and even one or two of the orange more dangerous versions. Are there any unknown or completely undecided types you are thinking of?

Tell me according to your ultra specific reflection everyone where these areas are listed between an extremely safe to dangerous Quantifiable scale? Create your own complex network.

Portugal, Andorra, Slovakia, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland, Iceland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Denmark, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Albania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Mainland China, Malaysia, Singapore, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, Australia, USA, Fiji, Kyrgyzstan, Cyprus, Argentina , Chile, Peru, Costa Rica, Panama , Canada, Azerbaijan, Especially Around Absheron region of Baku or anywhere outside of Nakhchivan, Kalbajar-Lachin, some of Yukhari-Garabagh, Georgia outside of breakaway Abkhazia, South Ossetia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Thailand (Except The Far South Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, Satun Provinces), Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula, Mexico City), Bhutan, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Italy , Hungary, Sweden, Norway, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Germany, Spain, Belarus, Indonesia , Brazil, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Mauritius, Laos, Cambodia, Oman, Philippines (Except Mindanao island), All Of Russia, except Dagestan, Chechnya, central border south micro zones, Russia-Eastern Ukraine border, Turkish Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkish Black Sea (Not Far Interior to Southeast), Pretty Much Everywhere Else In Mexico outside of Mexico City, Yucatan Peninsula, Baja Peninsula, Morocco,Tunisia, Armenia, Mindanao island of Philippines, Honduras, El Salvador, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Gabon, Ghana, Namibia, Botswana, Tajikistan, Abkhazia, Lviv or Odessa Ukraine, Any area West of Kiev, Crimean Peninsula, Almost all of Algeria, Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, Satun, Provinces of extreme far south border lands of Thailand, Egypt, Niger, Mauritania, Pakistan, All Of Yemen, except for Socotra Island, Interior Southeast regions of Turkey outside of the Turkish Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkish Black Sea (Hatay, Kilis, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mardin, Sirnak, Hakkari, maybe even Tunceli, and Ankara), Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Far Eastern Ukraine Donetsk, Luhansk, Up To Near Kharkiv,Socotra Island Of Yemen, Iran, Ethiopia, Mindanao Island of the Philippines, Crimean Peninsula of Ukraine, Mongolia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Myanmar.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:44 PM

24,257 posts, read 22,877,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Southeastern Turkey should be safer, nowhere near the level of more unstable countries
Vitut. The long Turco-Syrian border is practically a no-man's land and war zone. There is a real threat of being kidnapped or killed by ISIS or bombed by Turkish airplanes.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:36 PM

2,986 posts, read 2,575,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Vitut. The long Turco-Syrian border is practically a no-man's land and war zone. There is a real threat of being kidnapped or killed by ISIS or bombed by Turkish airplanes.
The border is a short strip, he instead included provinces and cities which are far away from it. There is a crackdown from Erdogan that's being directed towards the Kurds but it's mostly localized in the most heavily Kurdish suburbs of the largest Southeastern cities and thus will rather involve any tourist

Old 04-21-2016, 07:47 AM

38 posts, read 113,880 times
Quote:
My Top 5 Favorite Global Maps Right Now Relevant To Representing A Travel Index.

1. French Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Foreign Travel Advice. Very Localized Highlighting Is A Sign Of Accurate Representation.

Argentina even safer than Chile? Why is Morocco at such another opposite disparity on the map compared to it's neighbors Tunisia-Algeria? Eastern Ukraine, and Far Southeastern Thailand ought to get a darker color Orange-Red. http://i.imgur.com/EWwAWgk.jpg

2. Turkey Travel Advisory Map

A majority of Turkey was safe enough 2000-up to October 2015, despite what some cynical people think. Now the situation is really confusing. Just not the far Southeast, emerging into anomalous East Central. https://assets.digital.cabinet-offic...urkey_jpeg.jpg

3. Southwestern Russia Travel Map. The Rest Of Russia Is All In Green Safe Territory.

Dagestan, Chechnya, and SouthEastern Ukraine-Western Russia Border is really the only controversial area of Russia? Vast Swaths of Siberia is not really objecting to Russia's control too much according to other travel maps. https://assets.digital.cabinet-offic...ussia_jpeg.jpg

4. Source: Department Of Foreign Affairs
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt...16.19%20PM.png

"Exercise a high degree of caution" is ultra ambiguous, yet a very catchy title.

Why is Vietnam not the same classification on the map compared with Taiwan, South Korea, and Malaysia? Ukraine is quite different 2 years later compared to 2013. Astonishing UAE, Oman, Kuwait have such an extreme variation compared to Yemen, and Kuwait's neighbors. Botswana the safest country in all of Africa? Israel, and Lebanon are very difficult to see on the Map. China deserves a green nomination.

5. Dutch Travel Agency
http://i.imgur.com/wxKX7Nr.png

My Favorite Global Travel Index Map. Extreme details on every country, ultra specific, and in depth accurate.

Is there anything you disagree upon towards the Map?

I am especially stunned and mesmerized by Croatia, Macedonia, Iran, Malaysia, Philippines, Georgia, Tajikistan, Cambodia, Myranmar, Nepal, Morocco, Oman, Yemen, Jordan, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.

Yellow is welcoming enough. I might even risk orange. Anyone willing to travel on the red territory?
South Africa stands out.

It always amazes me how South Africans see their country and just how average it's ranked using standardized practices. The discrepancy couldn't be bigger. This is why I don't trust websites like Numbeo (crime section is a farce) or questionarres. It's also why I don't trust crime or even the specific murder rates. Generally with the occasional exception, the darker the color, the more murderous the country. It would be intriguing if we could do a murder/homicide table based on the color grading alone.

Unbiased security analysts who look at each place equally are the best source we have.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
The border is a short strip, he instead included provinces and cities which are far away from it. There is a crackdown from Erdogan that's being directed towards the Kurds but it's mostly localized in the most heavily Kurdish suburbs of the largest Southeastern cities and thus will rather involve any tourist

Extreme division is occurring between opposite areas within the entire nation of Turkey. Depending on the exact region or province area, domestic internal conflict is not always obvious. Especially the further anyone ventures outside of the Southeast border regions with Hatay, Kilis, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mardin, Sirnak, Hakkari provinces along the Syria Border. Exact main exceptions to this rule are presumably Tunceli, and Ankara provinces around the interior central. Around 72 to 74 out of 81 Provinces are actually stable enough minus 7 to 9 of them. Unfortunately, the various conflicts is going to get stagnant or become a bit worse before ever getting better. Interval of the future will tell.

Those vast majority of 39.8 million foreign visitors every year are visiting everywhere else outside of those troubled regions in the country of Turkey. Although, the border lands, and Ankara still gets at least some of those tourists, even if a very small fraction out of those logical reasons, and they aren't always reporting problems.

Don't forget the massive refugee camps where literally up to 2.8 million Syrian refugees are infiltrating, usually almost entirely at the Turkey border lands next to Syria. Avoiding at least within 5km/3 miles of the absurd border of troubles is a wise option.

Are you all agreeing with the official Turkey Travel Advisory Index Map https://assets.digital.cabinet-offic...urkey_jpeg.jpg

What is everyone's diplomatic analysis between Turkey compared to Ukraine? There are occasional similarities happening between each country absolutely divided with massive segregation between the safe enough vast regions versus the downright dangerous territory of the absolute opposite situation within the same country. Even the chronological order of main event is a rather identical cultural anthropological metaphor where maybe just 3 to 5 years ago everything was fine without any severe issues around Turkey or Ukraine to the neighboring problem country, and just within 2 years 1/2 or less there are ultra precarious hotspots fatal distress psychologically at the micro zones where the rest of the country is trying to thrive and move on without too much interruption domestic wise to the entire functioning of the nation's collective or individual society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World