Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 12:40 PM

24,144 posts, read 24,722,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Well maybe in India but not so much here lol.
Yeah, well...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 01:47 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,372,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Well maybe in India but not so much here lol.
I hate driving too and never try learning it until I move to the US.

Now that I know how to drive, I ONLY feel safer when I'm the driver.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,821,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
As a Filipino, I have also lived in Singapore and still spent most of my time in other countries (work assignment). Now currently live in the US.

Obviously, I'm not happy living in my own country that's why I don't live there. But it is now work-in-progress.

I think I can settle long term in the US if given an opportunity (a green card). If not, I would probably apply resident visa in Australia. I'm still in my 30's so there's still more time to explore. My job is also in demand in EU, I almost got a job in Austria back in 2014. Singapore is now a no, no!
Why is Singapore now a No !!! Sad to hear you say that.. Sigh

Old 09-21-2016, 08:35 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,518,022 times
Living in Brazil may be the best thing or the worst thing depending on the situation. If you have money, Brazil may be a giant tropical Switzerland, but if you don't, the conditions may be not very distinct of Somalia. About my life here, my complaints are with the taxes, bad politicians, poor infrastructure and the extremely hot weather in the summer, but I must admit that it's not bad at all.

For other countries:

I would live in: Northern Europe, Benelux, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Britain, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Canada, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and in USA (except some racist states in the south, and places like Nevada and Arizona due to the harsh climate).

I could live in under some circumstances: Colombia, Uruguay, Mexico, Panama, South Africa, Japan, South Korea, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Baltic countries and Slavic countries (except Russia, Ukraine and Belarus).

I would never live: all the other countries.

Last edited by Fabio SBA; 09-21-2016 at 09:58 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 08:43 PM

5,342 posts, read 5,083,302 times
This is something I toss back and forth around for fun occasionally. Where I am now, (recent college grad) I'd want to stay in the US only. I need to develop a career right now and the US is the best place to do that, and is probably has one of the best options for saving a decent chunk of your income. In 2-3 years though I could potentially move abroad. I work in the data center industry, and that should have openings world wide.

I don't think I'd like East Asia because of the work life balance and the congestion. I wouldn't have downtime/quiettime to sit and contemplate. Likewise India needs to modernize before I'd consider it.

Russia would be cool, but I'd be afraid to live there. I don't think it's safe enough. Maybe countries like Estonia or Poland or Lithuania would be better options vs Russia, but I don't know what the language situations like.

I've been to Belize and sure wouldn't want to live there, WAY too laid back. No one did anything. So they did without so many things (like running water or hot showers) that I find I really do enjoy. I think the Caribbean is pretty similar sadly, since I've always kind of had a dream of living on a tropical island.

With that in mind, is Africa like the this too? Way too laid back? If not, Ghana and Ethiopia would be considerations, at least for like a year or two. The thing that would draw me to an area like Africa is that you'd see and be a part of rapid transformation, which would be cool. And they speak English.

Ireland might be kind of magical, and I do like cloudy weather, but I haven't lived though a whole year of it.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:15 AM

2,453 posts, read 2,367,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
You don't like living in France? If you can afford Cannes what is stopping you to leave?
Why Germany and Sweden but not the Netherlands and Denmark?
I love France, i don't live there at the moment. I love the Netherlands, believe it or not i am learning dutch. Denmark doesn't do much for me. Nothing Against it.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:49 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,427,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
Living in Brazil may be the best thing or the worst thing depending on the situation. If you have money, Brazil may be a giant tropical Switzerland, but if you don't, the conditions may be not very distinct of Somalia.
My goodness, what an exaggeration!!

Old 09-22-2016, 10:01 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,776,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
My goodness, what an exaggeration!!
Lol, it's interesting to read back on your own posts- sometimes even one evening can make a difference in perspective. Lol

Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,586,262 times
Born and raised in the states.

Would love to spend a year or two in an Eastern European country with low cost of living and to have the rest of Europe in my backyard.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:14 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,039,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Lol, it's interesting to read back on your own posts- sometimes even one evening can make a difference in perspective. Lol
Ain't that the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World