Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 07:45 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It is so easy Easthome! Well, "most frequently", in which country does red hair most frequently occur? Ireland or Scotland! Thus becomes typical or a particular trait for that population. This doesn't mean that they all have red hair, OK? Additionally, recent studies also show that there are plenty of Irish men and in the other Celtic countries whom whether blond/brown or even black-haired who have or can grow a red or ginger beard as you like calling it. This is again linked to the red-haired gene for your information. This is why we can say that red hair is typical trait for such a population. Now if you are gingerphobic, that's your affair. Typical trait distinguishes one population from another, does necessarily mean the majority.
It simply does NOT mean its the 'typical' look of the Irish!! The most common hair colour is the typical look and the most common hair colour is NOT ginger, its not even the second or third most common hair colour, therefore the 'typical' Irish look is NOT ginger like you claim, you seem to think that everybody in any given country has the same 'colouring'!! based on what exactly? MAN MADE boarders!? lol, your posts are nonsense. You even keep on calling me Spanish just because I have dark brown hair!! I am 100% British mate, certainly more British than you will ever be but I am not the one with pale skin and red hair - you are! This kind of proves my point don't you think?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It simply does NOT mean its the 'typical' look of the Irish!! The most common hair colour is the typical look and the most common hair colour is NOT ginger, its not even the second or third most common hair colour, therefore the 'typical' Irish look is NOT ginger like you claim, you seem to think that everybody in any given country has the same 'colouring'!! based on what exactly? MAN MADE boarders!? lol, your posts are nonsense. You even keep on calling me Spanish just because I have dark brown hair!! I am 100% British mate, certainly more British than you will ever be but I am not the one with pale skin and red hair - you are! This kind of proves my point don't you think?
Don't let this get to you, easthome. Though I'm American, I had my DNA tested a couple of years ago and I am the whitest person I know. I am 100 percent European and about 93 percent northern European (my DNA hearkens from the countries surrounding the North Sea - Scandinavian countries and northern Germany, the Netherlands, northern England/Scotland). The other 7 percent is French/German. I have very fair skin, dark auburn hair and dark brown eyes. I was blonde as a baby and toddler but by the time I entered school in the first grade my hair was honey brown color and it darkened to dark auburn by the time I was in about the sixth grade.

My husband's DNA came back a hodgepodge of every sort of race, including Native American and western African and Jewish (but mostly Irish and English), but he looks like a stereotypical Viking and has very light blonde hair and a "ginger" beard!

Genetics are interesting.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:20 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
Im dark haired but all my swedish friends are blond. In school tbe majority (probably 55% ) were blond, 2000 students. Id say typical swedish person is blond. Very very common.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:34 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times
Quote:
Sure, you are 100% British. I am definitely not denying that, but that doesn't stop you from being 100% ignorant. You have dark brown hair, so what? So does Catherine Zeta Jones ( good looks), you probably look like Rowan Atkinson, who knows! That wasn't my point anyway smart one, you'll never get it. So, cheers!��

Old 05-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Most Europeans are brunettes. What distinguishes them from other populations, is the blonde hair which reaches it's highest frequency in Finland, Scandinavia, Iceland and Estonia. Thus becomes typically associated with Scandinavian appearance, and red hair which reaches it highest frequency in Scotland, Ireland, northern England , becomes typically associated with Ireland and Scotland in particular.
Do you have redhead DNA? Test aims to boost pride, combat bullying - CBS News

This doesn't mean that the majority of Brits or Irish are gingers either! It's a very recessive trait genetically

Old 05-03-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Im dark haired but all my swedish friends are blond. In school tbe majority (probably 55% ) were blond, 2000 students. Id say typical swedish person is blond. Very very common.
Yes. I had the estimate of around 50% for Sweden, Finland and Norway for blonde hair. However some people want portray Sweden as Spain perhaps even Turkey!

Old 05-03-2016, 08:41 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,339 times
Quote:
However some people want portray Sweden as Spain perhaps even Turkey!
It's understandable Saxonwold, who wouldn't want to be Spanish or Turkish?
The Swedes should be proud to be compared to such graceful creatures.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 05-03-2016 at 09:09 AM..

Old 05-03-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The red hair, pale skin, freckles we have in our family comes from our British ancestors who were from the Yorkshires region of England. My father though has brown hair, though red hair is common in his family side as it is in that part of England. No I couldn't be 100% British and I have never claimed such. My mother is of Dutch ancestry and the typical Dutch person is usually dark blonde so is my mother. This doesn't the other Dutch people who are brown-haired, are not Dutch, just they aren't typical. By you being a dark-haired Brits , doesn't make you any less British. You just misunderstood my point.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
It's understandable Saxonwold, who wouldn't want to be Spanish or Turkish?
The Swedes should be proud to be compared to such graceful creatures.
Why not! Good complexion, good-looking girls like Ima Cuesta. I wouldn't mind.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:57 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,339 times
Quote:
Why not! Good complexion, good-looking girls like Ima Cuesta. I wouldn't mind.
So let them dream, Saxonwold, let them dream. Stop reminding them of how little resemblance they carry with Spaniards. Do not inflict any more pain upon the Swedes by informing them of how very swedish they actually are, that there is no way in hell they could sleep the siesta with as much glamour as us.

If they showcase their many brunettes to try to impress you, you nod along.
"Yes, that is a good display of brunettes you have there. They could easily be mistaken for a Spaniard, lucky you."
And you walk away smiling, knowing you made a Swede happy today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World