Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2016, 12:46 PM
 
Location: StlNoco Mo, where the woodbine twineth
10,019 posts, read 8,629,758 times
Reputation: 14571

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Obviously brunettes are much more numerous by far than blondes! Most people who are born blond-haired, will have brown hair by the time they reach adulthood.

^^^^^ True

Then they'll have gray hair, then white hair, then a skin head and finally a head of bone.

 
Old 04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
 
4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
Reputation: 1123
Natural blond/blondes are for example common in Germanic countries of North and Central Europe. Blondes make up to about 2-5% of the world's population. Though they are not rare in other European countries or populations, Southern Europe is Europe's most brunette region.

Typical phenotypes ("typical" doesn't mean commonest) are the following:
Norway
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: blond
Eye color: blue
Height: tall

Sweden
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: (light) blond
Eye color: blue or gray
Height : tall

Denmark
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: blond
Eye color: blue
Height: tall

The Netherlands
Skin tone: fair to moderate
Hair color : (dark) blond
Eye color: blue or green
Height: quite tall

Germany
Skin tone: moderate
Hair color: (dark) blond
Eye color: blue or gray
Height: tall

Iceland
Skin tone: fair to pale
Hair color: (dark) blonde
Eye color: blue or green
Height: tall

England
Skin tone: pale
Hair color: (sandy) blond
Eye color: blue or green
Height: moderately tall

Ireland
Skin tone: pale or freckled
Hair color: red
Eye color: blue or green
Height : tall

Italy
Skin tone: "swarthy"
Hair color: (dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderate

Spain
Skin tone: moderate or "swarthy"
Hair color: (dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderate

Portugal
Skin tone: moderate to "swarthy"
Hair color: ( dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderate

Greece
Skin tone: "swarthy"
Hair color: (dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderately tall

France
Skin tone: moderate
Hair color: (light) brown
Eye color: brown > blue
Height: moderate

Poland
Skin tone: moderate
Hair color: (dark) blond or (light) brown
Eye color: gray or blue
Height: moderately tall
 
Old 04-29-2016, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Finland
24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Reputation: 11103
No. There is not a country in the world where blonde hair would be the majority.
 
Old 04-29-2016, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Carolina
189 posts, read 361,700 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Interestingly some people do grow pubes long enough to comb and braid not my thing a bit messy looking.


You should comb them out starting at the tips and work you way up. Just be careful if you are using a curling iron.
 
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 AM
 
Location: SE UK
14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Reputation: 9813
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Natural blond/blondes are for example common in Germanic countries of North and Central Europe. Blondes make up to about 2-5% of the world's population. Though they are not rare in other European countries or populations, Southern Europe is Europe's most brunette region.

Typical phenotypes ("typical" doesn't mean commonest) are the following:
Norway
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: blond
Eye color: blue
Height: tall

Sweden
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: (light) blond
Eye color: blue or gray
Height : tall

Denmark
Skin tone: fair
Hair color: blond
Eye color: blue
Height: tall

The Netherlands
Skin tone: fair to moderate
Hair color : (dark) blond
Eye color: blue or green
Height: quite tall

Germany
Skin tone: moderate
Hair color: (dark) blond
Eye color: blue or gray
Height: tall

Iceland
Skin tone: fair to pale
Hair color: (dark) blonde
Eye color: blue or green
Height: tall

England
Skin tone: pale
Hair color: (sandy) blond
Eye color: blue or green
Height: moderately tall

Ireland
Skin tone: pale or freckled
Hair color: red
Eye color: blue or green
Height : tall

Italy
Skin tone: "swarthy"
Hair color: (dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderate

Spain
Skin tone: moderate or "swarthy"
Hair color: (dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderate

Portugal
Skin tone: moderate to "swarthy"
Hair color: ( dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderate

Greece
Skin tone: "swarthy"
Hair color: (dark) brown
Eye color: brown
Height: moderately tall

France
Skin tone: moderate
Hair color: (light) brown
Eye color: brown > blue
Height: moderate

Poland
Skin tone: moderate
Hair color: (dark) blond or (light) brown
Eye color: gray or blue
Height: moderately tall
Nonsense - quick question for you - if 'typical' doesn't mean 'commonest' like you say then what does it mean exactly?
 
Old 04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
AFP
 
7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Reputation: 6632
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorxxx View Post
You should comb them out starting at the tips and work you way up. Just be careful if you are using a curling iron.
Fortunately I don't fall into that category, that's a lot of bush.
 
Old 04-29-2016, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Finland
24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Reputation: 11103
Carice van Houten dyed her bush blonde in the movie 'Black Book', so she could pose as a True Aryan for the SS-kommandant she used to shag. She was in reality a Jew or something.

I prefer no pubes, so in colour I don't have a preference. But I'm not a SS officer either. Of course if Carice approaches me, I won't hesitate for any reason.
 
Old 04-29-2016, 11:35 PM
 
4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nonsense - quick question for you - if 'typical' doesn't mean 'commonest' like you say then what does it mean exactly?
What nonsense? Confused again? In the context I am using the term 'typical' doesn't mean 'commonest', rather refers to 'distinctive'.
 
Old 04-30-2016, 04:07 AM
 
Location: SE UK
14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Reputation: 9813
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
What nonsense? Confused again? In the context I am using the term 'typical' doesn't mean 'commonest', rather refers to 'distinctive'.
Typical doesn't mean distinctive, if the 'look' you refer to isn't the most common in the country then it isn't 'typical' in the country, and your presumption that everybody in any country has identical skin tone is nonsense.
 
Old 04-30-2016, 08:34 AM
 
4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Typical doesn't mean distinctive, if the 'look' you refer to isn't the most common in the country then it isn't 'typical' in the country, and your presumption that everybody in any country has identical skin tone is nonsense.
It does!! Why don't you pick up a dictionary. The Oxford Dictionary gives it as a first meaning. I thought English was your first language. Are you English or Spaniard? "Typical" does equal "commonest" rather distinctive or particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top