Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:46 AM

144 posts, read 206,481 times

Advertisements

Ethereal : you can't define people with only one photo.

There's Indians with pale skin, there's middle eastern people whith blond hair and blue eyes and some who are black.
Same for latinos they can be very different.

My uncle have green eyes, i have cousins with blond hair and blue eyes other with dark skin and i have olive tan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 05:23 PM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
In your opinion, the physical appearance of most people from Latin America, the Middle East and India is somewhat similar?

Yes or no?
Somewhat similar, I'd say.

I've been mistaken for being middle-eastern or latin american sometimes. However, I am originally from India and grew up in the U.S.

So, I guess that proves it. :-)

Old 12-06-2015, 06:09 PM

4 posts, read 4,912 times
i think people seem to forget the large asian and middle east influence in latin america, people only assume its afro, native and spanish when in reality is huge misconception, fact is that many indians from india have trade and have families in mexico, colombia, brazil, etc. due to spice trade especially to mexico and middle east, its well known that arab world, as ppl focus on europe, most of arabs and middle east went to latin america more so than europe, u can see with the influences and example is carlos slim, shakira, salem hayek etc.. language and music, as well as the food, i mean look at spices in mexico? it came due to the spice trade from india,

Old 12-07-2015, 12:58 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times
Well, 100 years from now it will be even harder to tell the difference.
People mistake me for almost anything they want me to be.
It makes me think sometimes I could fit into any region if I could speak the language, but I can't.
A little comical if you ask me. I feel that I can just be a part of the world anywhere. However I've been many places too where I can could tell I was not wanted.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:06 AM

41 posts, read 14,723 times
Latinos will overlap the most with middle eastern and northern indians, including Himalayans who share asian ancestry with indigenous north americans.
But there's a lot of white and black latinos, this would depend of the country.
In my case im mexican i look more "typically european" with light brown hair and pale skin so does most of my family.
My aunt married a brown skinned mexican and their children look very middle eastern, the amerindian nose can be similar to that of Arabians.
One of my friends is Puerto Rican and he looks very mixed, with curly almost afro hair and big lips but light skin.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:33 AM

1,216 posts, read 488,905 times
Generally speaking no these people don't look a like. It seems weird to me anyone could confuse the average Indian person and latin american to be the same.

Old 04-06-2024, 05:29 AM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Generally speaking no these people don't look a like. It seems weird to me anyone could confuse the average Indian person and latin american to be the same.
It’s rather common in the United States for a Hispanic person to start talking to an Indian person in Spanish because they assume you know Spanish based on your looks.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:52 AM

1,216 posts, read 488,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It’s rather common in the United States for a Hispanic person to start talking to an Indian person in Spanish because they assume you know Spanish based on your looks.
Not here in Canada which is rapidly becomeing a colony of India. It might happen but it is extremely rare to confuse indians for latin americans. The way they look, dress, carry themselves, smell etc etc You would have to be pretty naive to confuse them on average.

Old 04-08-2024, 01:15 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Many do look similar and many others don’t. Latin Americans actually look like anything, so almost anyone could be thought to be Latin American. Things like dressing styles may make it clear they aren’t Latin American, but other than that if they don’t speak you have no idea.

Reminds me of a joke Fluffy made (a Mexican-American) about when he first went to Miami and met a black Hispanic. Until then he never met one. He thought he was African American until he responded in Spanish. Lol

https://youtu.be/kTkxZ18yldc?si=AFiba5xCGQHkpTAv

My current cardiologist is Indian-American and by looks alone, if he didn’t speak, I would think he is just another dark skin with “good” hair and medium features pointing more to the white side Dominican. But he does speak and Spanish or English with a Spanish accent it is not. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World