Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:45 PM

919 posts, read 839,479 times

Advertisements

I prefer living without any kind of god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 10:53 PM

984 posts, read 1,313,482 times
If those guys sat and chatted like that in Canada everyone would assume they were gay.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:24 AM

990 posts, read 878,902 times
I have a tip for you Iranguy, the USA is not the unique western country where you would live the life you want… In the USA is very difficult has your apply released because tons of people want enter there for make money, but just for style of life you would apply for a lot of Latin American countries or Europeans for example.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:15 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
The value of a religion or philosophy can be measured to a large degree out of what comes from it. In the case of Islam, war, strife, superiority over other cultures alleged, and restrictions on fun are the fruit of Islam ( I've lived for years in 4 different Islamic countires) The Middle East was the dominant of the earth for thousands of years but fell after the adoption of Islam.

Christianity isn't forced on anyone, unlike Islam, and Christians are taught to love their enemies. The fruit of this religion (philosophy of life) is that Europe was a backwater prior to Christianity and became the dominant world power after adoption and the USA, Canada, Australia followed the culture of Christianity and prospered.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:59 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iranianguy View Post
Hey guys, I am from terrible middle east ( Iran) where Islamic culture rules out our lives, making such "harsh" and "insecure vibe".
Here is a list of what's going on here (P.S: More culture oriented, rather than focusing on politics):

1. When you enter a shopping, for say, Cell phone shops, you see a bodybuilding champion! as salesman who has next to zero tolerance for answering your cell-phones-based questions.

2. When you walk down the streets to enjoy your street hiking, you encounter fight-mongering people (specially male youth at age range 18-30) who know nothing but waxing muscles at clubs to make themselves scary. (It's an honor to have a wrestler broken ears in Iran plus having knife stitches/scars on your face!)

3. When you attend a sport stadium, you will be holding you breathe during a match, since the slightest mistake towards the others could easily cause a fight! ( Even gazing at them for 5+ seconds!!)

4. When you want to marry a girl, you are likely going to have to spend 2 years of hard work on wedding and post-wedding costs. ( Not to mention this waste breaking alimony when a divorce comes due, and if you fail to pay, you are put in jail for years!!). Even a downright marriage is scary. marriage which is meant to bring solace and happiness, is a sword of democles hovering over your head!

While in contrary in non-islamic countries, the above examples are as below:
1. When you enter a shopping, you see a salesman with big smile who'll not hesitate to take time to meet all your questions. (Bodybuilding is not a factor, only a responsibility and good manner matters)

2. When you walk down a street, you can wear a T-shirt and a baseball hat and push forward a pram along with your wife with ease of mind. (No leering fool to scrutinize your girlfriend's sex apeal or catcall her)

3. When you attend a sport stadium, you will get to see nice people who are there to ONLY enjoy a match. (Not a masculine dangerous vibe, since the females are also there)

4. When you marry a girl, you have had your time with her to develope love, to avoid a pig in poke Islamic marriage in which couples are not allowed to date before getting married. (alimony is almost nothing in non-islamic countries).

Bottom line: I am living in this harsh Islamic vibe, hoping to take off here real soon. I also applied for US student visa but flunked it 2 times in a row, so I am giving up re-applying it.

So many efforts,energies and precious time were put to improve my language, getting my visa thing done,...., but were all down the drain and yet, I am trapped in this Islamic vibe for 29 grey years. Maybe finding a new country and staring a new language all over again could cure, I don't know. Heaven help me
(Feels like Metallica music video unforgiven 1, in broad strokes)
Listen, son, Christianity went out as a "country" around the year 1800.

Whether an individual has a personal relationship with God, under the guise of a social organization or not, is a personal choice, as it always has been, in spite of what the governor of the day says.

In the so-called west, as governmental organizations, we live by the rule of law, as an ideology, materialism, with occasional feel-good references to more or less vague notions as democracy and equality and so on.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:21 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
It's not Christian countries, it's secularised ones. If you didn't live in a theocratic country you wouldn't have these problems even if it was a country where Muslims were the majority like Lebanon, Albania or Bosnia

Old 12-07-2015, 06:11 AM

20 posts, read 17,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Iranians I would say integrate well in the US compared to people from other Islamic cultures. But I have only met educated Iranians I'm sure that makes a difference.
True, but if they were in the different place (like back home), you woulda seen a dramatic change in there attitudes. It's all about hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Just... Don't idealize the USA or any other country ^,^'
I grant you, I wouldn't idealize US, taken into account diversity in the US culture. But we're taking comparitavely not absolutely. So makes sense to say US is better than Iran in regards of freedom, accepting new comers,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
I prefer living without any kind of god.
Absolutely! Secular world is safer than religious world. The irony is, religions are Evils. There is no such thing as Evil. And see how secular countries are way happier than religious ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
If those guys sat and chatted like that in Canada everyone would assume they were gay.
I know about racism in developed countries and racial slur going on, but yet, it's better than not having freedom of speech and what you call libel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I have a tip for you Iranguy, the USA is not the unique western country where you would live the life you want… In the USA is very difficult has your apply released because tons of people want enter there for make money, but just for style of life you would apply for a lot of Latin American countries or Europeans for example.
Thank you for the tip. But I'm afraid I can't afford time to learn a new language. I'll 34 if I start today learning Spanish, French,... to be fluent.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The value of a religion or philosophy can be measured to a large degree out of what comes from it. In the case of Islam, war, strife, superiority over other cultures alleged, and restrictions on fun are the fruit of Islam ( I've lived for years in 4 different Islamic countires) The Middle East was the dominant of the earth for thousands of years but fell after the adoption of Islam.

Christianity isn't forced on anyone, unlike Islam, and Christians are taught to love their enemies. The fruit of this religion (philosophy of life) is that Europe was a backwater prior to Christianity and became the dominant world power after adoption and the USA, Canada, Australia followed the culture of Christianity and prospered.
Yes, you've got the point. What's going on in a country (Economically, politically, socially) is an incarnation of their culture mainly influenced by religion.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Listen, son, Christianity went out as a "country" around the year 1800.

Whether an individual has a personal relationship with God, under the guise of a social organization or not, is a personal choice, as it always has been, in spite of what the governor of the day says.

In the so-called west, as governmental organizations, we live by the rule of law, as an ideology, materialism, with occasional feel-good references to more or less vague notions as democracy and equality and so on.
I was at first a bit hesitant as to how to choose an appropriate title for this topic that can represent something countering Islam ideology, and came up with a word "Christian countries" as a paragon. Although this topic mainly focuses about Influence of Islamic culture and its outcomes, compared to other nations. (Be it christian or non-christian).

Old 12-07-2015, 06:27 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iranianguy View Post
Yes, you've got the point. What's going on in a country (Economically, politically, socially) is an incarnation of their culture mainly influenced by religion.
Western society was built on the principles of Christianity and are still guided by these principles, even atheists (perhaps without realizing it) often have similar values of right and wrong as Christian in Western society. We have found that separation of religion from government works best. You look at Persia, which was a great nation prior to adoption of Islam. I hope Iran can shake this yoke...good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World