Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 03:04 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
You've been watching him daily via the lens of the corporate media, which is the problem.

Unless you can foster a basic analytical framework that allows you to see through those influences and understand how they color your perceptions (there are ways to tell from your postings if you have that or not), every sentiment you express on the topic will be subject to that social engineering.

I can say the same about every sentiment that you express.

Oh that isn't necessary I have years of experience of interacting daily with incarcerated individuals and have learned to watch people closely and have fine tuned my BS meter but that doesn't help you.

Anyway regardless if you watch Trump on Television or read the print it is clear that the only thing you can count on is him changing his position on a myriad of topics consistently and then denying it.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:07 PM

969 posts, read 825,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I can say the same about every sentiment that you express.

Oh that isn't necessary I have years of experience of interacting daily with incarcerated individuals and have learned to watch people closely and have fine tuned my BS meter but that doesn't help you.

Anyway regardless if you watch Trump on Television or read the print it is clear that the only thing you can count on is him changing his position on a myriad of topics consistently and then denying it.
That won't work here, because there are objective indicators people can look at in the way others analyze problems and approach political topics. It's possible to tell from that if someone has the awareness to see how the media may influence his thinking.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:25 PM
AFP

Quote:
That won't work here, because there are objective indicators people can look at in the way others analyze problems and approach political topics. It's possible to tell from that if someone has the awareness to see how the media may influence his thinking.
Explain your process of thinking that to the point you made in paragraph 2 in post 1020.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Explain your process of thinking that to the point you made in paragraph 2 in post 1020.
This may get kind of personal, and it's a bit off-topic, so I'll send a direct message to you.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:43 PM
AFP

Quote:
This may get kind of personal, and it's a bit off-topic, so I'll send a direct message to you.
Okay but I wasn't looking for personal information just how you linked the two a direct message would be fine.

I haven't come across a framework which can effectively determine(quantify) conditioning as the result of exposure to corporate media outlets.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I haven't come across a framework which can effectively determine(quantify) conditioning as the result of exposure to corporate media outlets.
This was kind of glossed over in another recent thread, in a brief exchange about 'properly basic' beliefs.

Simply, there are people who demonstrate metacognitive skills (their ability to think about thinking) to the degree that they can examine their thought processes right down to the very first principles. It's people who demonstrate this aptitude who have the ability to see through indoctrination and other types of social control.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:07 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
The people you should be blaming are the corporate media.

They're the ones who twisted Trump's blunt rhetoric on the issues of border control, national sovereignty and migrant lawlessness (which are pretty much taken for granted everywhere else in the developed world) into an issue of culture and skin color.
I've read or listened to some of Trump's speeches and parts of the debates directly. And I don't like them. Not everyone thinks the same way as you do; instead of blaming corporate media which has covered in depth enough for anyone sympathetic to get a favorable opinion, others just don't like his message. Nor his style.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:11 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I've read or listened to some of Trump's speeches and parts of the debates directly. And I don't like them. Not everyone thinks the same way as you do; instead of blaming corporate media which has covered in depth enough for anyone sympathetic to get a favorable opinion, others just don't like his message. Nor his style.
^^^This

Old 06-04-2016, 06:02 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Anyone who can argue that this is just corporate media and not Trump's own words, is in denial.
The man doesn't even understand what an American is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUiD2oelTA

Old 06-04-2016, 06:09 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Anyone who can argue that this is just corporate media and not Trump's own words, is in denial.
The man doesn't even understand what an American is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUiD2oelTA
Wow, just.....wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World