Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 08:52 AM

699 posts, read 610,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
How is Trump anti-establishment? Isn't he a member of the social caste influencing US politics since god-knows-when?
His nativist rhetoric is anti-establishment. There is serious talk in the Republican party of dropping him and forcing him to run 'independent' something that would doom the Republican party in the next election. He is also never pledged to abstain from running as an independent candidate, something other Republicans have.

He is also a breath of fresh air. Before Donald Trump, even media pundits couldn't say half of what he said, without running afoul of a PC world. He's not backing down from most of his statements, forcing them to be debated (instead of apologized) and legitimizing them. Even if Donald Trump doesn't win, candidates will be freer in next election cycle to actually form stances instead of towing the PC line on all issues.

As someone who has property in Europe, and relatives all over Europe, this is a central issue to me. The migrant crisis this summer just revealed how badly this PC culture needs to be destroyed in Europe as well. I for one don't want Europe to lose her racial and cultural integrity accepting so many people who are racially and culturally foreign to Europe. Ofc, when I make such statements, some people are 'shocked' and consider me a racist. But how can people be ok with current trends occurring in all western european cities is beyond me.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:21 AM

400 posts, read 422,450 times
...that his success so far has been remarkable and says a lot about the political environment in the US, more than anything. I can't imagine a figure like Trump could have gotten any traction 20 years ago, for example, if only because of the caustic and vulgar way he expresses himself.

One of things about Trump I can't figure out is why he seems to have so few qualms about tarnishing his 'brand'; I thought he's all about his brand. The T.V. show, the need to be in the public eye all the time, all of that was designed to implant an image which was used to sell things to people at a higher price point. Is he throwing all that away? Maybe he isn't...after all, he's the billionaire so maybe he's just crazy like a fox..

Old 12-11-2015, 09:21 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

The idea that Trump actually believes some of the stuff he comes out with or that he might implement it if elected is laughable. If Trump does get the GOP nomination he will move so fast towards the center that all we will see is the dust trail.
Ok, so the US public is supposed to nominate him just because based on a whim by a poster on city-data, Trump will move to the centre.

Nice! Good to know.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:27 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Ok, so the US public is supposed to nominate him just because based on a whim by a poster on city-data, Trump will move to the centre.

Nice! Good to know.
The US public does not nominate him. Registered Republicans - one of which I am not - may nominate him.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
I have a sneaky suspicion Trump doesnt really want to be President but just wants to revel in the glory of his ego getting stroked at the possibility,
At this point i think he's had enough and will soon declare his independence from the GOP thereby eliminating his chance to be President.
I think he now realizes just how much time/effort and work it will take to be President and i'm sure he's wanting to go back to doing what billionaires do.
I'd almost guaranty that he wont be so quick to take on the Presidential challenge next time.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion Trump doesnt really want to be President but just wants to revel in the glory of his ego getting stroked at the possibility,
At this point i think he's had enough and will soon declare his independence from the GOP thereby eliminating his chance to be President.
I think he now realizes just how much time/effort and work it will take to be President and i'm sure he's wanting to go back to doing what billionaires do.
Never underestimate the aphrodisiac that is power.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:33 AM

531 posts, read 594,837 times
Rude, brash, bombastic, arrogant, foul-mouthed, narcissistic.

Yet undeniably a hundred times more likeable than the type of people who hate him. I actually think he'll make good presidential material. If I was to be really sadistic, I'd wish a Billary Clinton presidency upon the USA, but I'm not that cruel. I guess that means I like him.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:37 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
Rude, brash, bombastic, arrogant, foul-mouthed, narcissistic.

Yet undeniably a hundred times more likeable than the type of people who hate him. I actually think he'll make good presidential material. If I was to be really sadistic, I'd wish a Billary Clinton presidency upon the USA, but I'm not that cruel. I guess that means I like him.
Narcissism is bad????

Old 12-11-2015, 10:50 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The US public does not nominate him. Registered Republicans - one of which I am not - may nominate him.
As the republican front runner everything points to the US public deciding whether to nominate him or not in the Presidential race.

Don't try to trip a Brit up on semantics, it generally won't work.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
As the republican front runner everything points to the US public deciding whether to nominate him or not in the Presidential race.

Don't try to trip a Brit up on semantics, it generally won't work.
Which bit of only registered Republicans getting to vote on the Republican nominee are you having difficulty with? That is around 55 million out of a population of around 300 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World