Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 08:01 PM

531 posts, read 594,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Since we're so dumb and incapable of understanding what he stands, perhaps you in with your superior intellect could help us understand what he stands for?
Maybe the sentence immediately afterwards, beginning "the whole point of his political polemic is ..." might be a clue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
An agent provocateur for president? He just takes cheap shot after cheap shot, does a lot of rabble rousing, makes sure that there's room on the bandwagon for the KKK... that's not a movement that needs encouraging. Unfit for the job. But, it ain't my country. I just sit back with my popcorn and warm my toes as America burns.
Now if you were a true sadist, you'd wish a Clinton presidency upon the states. The more anti-American my sentiment, the more I start wishing for old Cankles to succeed in the election. And I love her voter base.

I think Hillary would be good because she’s gonna look out for us," said Al Tucker, a 67-year-old African American.

Dictionary.com: Definition of "Naive"

Old 02-28-2016, 08:08 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
Maybe the sentence immediately afterwards, beginning "the whole point of his political polemic is ..." might be a clue?
[/i]
All he stands for trolling the "liberal establishment", then?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:10 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
Quote:

Now if you were a true sadist, you'd wish a Clinton presidency upon the states. The more anti-American my sentiment, the more I start wishing for old Cankles to succeed in the election. And I love her voter base.
I don't see any great choices facing Americans in this election. It's like, Put a Knife in the Toaster, or Eat a Bullet. Check one.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:10 PM

969 posts, read 825,516 times
Quote:
And many would say the same about Bush, I wouldn't expect most Democrats as presidents to behave much differently than Obama.

Since we're so dumb and incapable of understanding what he stands, perhaps you in with your superior intellect could help us understand what he stands for?
Maybe you can start with 'non-bipartisan', seeing as you're implying that being pro-Trump means being pro-Republican. Not that my comments can strictly be construed pro-Trump, more being appalled at the standard of the rhetoric against him.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:11 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

I'd love to able to hear the exact words in the phone call

The tone of the call was informal, and Clinton never urged Trump to run, the four people said. Rather, they said, Clinton sounded curious about Trump’s moves toward a presidential bid and told Trump that he was striking a chord with frustrated conservatives and was a rising force on the right.

One person with knowledge of Clinton’s end of the call said the former president was upbeat and encouraging during the conversation, which occurred as Trump was speaking out about GOP politics and his prescriptions for the nation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5e2_story.html

Old 02-28-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Maybe you can start with 'non-bipartisan', seeing as you seem to think being pro-Trump means being pro-Republican.
I don't say that at all. Am rather puzzled why you'd jump to that conclusion.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Maybe you can start with 'non-bipartisan', seeing as you seem to think being pro-Trump means being pro-Republican.
So you see him as a 3rd party candidate, or an independent? Even though he's trying to get onto the Republican ballot? There are conservative commentators already saying that the party could split in two, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:18 PM

969 posts, read 825,516 times
Quote:
I don't say that at all. Am rather puzzled why you'd jump to that conclusion.
Perhaps the fact that you seem to assume I care how Bush compares to Obama?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:20 PM

531 posts, read 594,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
So you see him as a 3rd party candidate, or an independent? Even though he's trying to get onto the Republican ballot? There are conservative commentators already saying that the party could split in two, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.
Establishment here seems to mean both GOP and Democrat.

You can run as a democrat or republican and still be anti-establishment, which I think is the point. The general view is that Rubio is the GOP "establishment" choice, and that Trump was never meant to happen. Alternatively, for those who think they have Trump's rubric figured, some libertarians such as Ron Paul seem to think otherwise:

Last edited by Noggin of Rum; 02-28-2016 at 08:29 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Establishment here means both GOP and Democrat. You can run as a democrat or republican and still be anti-establishment. How hard of a concept is that for people to grasp? Really.
And Trump, a 1%er with inherited wealth, sketchy business dealings, the KKK thing, media icon of 30+ years... he's not "establishment"? He's doing quite a snow job on his supporters. What do they expect him to do to destroy "The Establishment" once he's in office? That's the mystery to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World