Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2016, 07:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Aren't the products from his clothing line manufactured in Mexico, China and other countries? He left a half-built Trump Tower here in Baja California MX.
He can't manufacture in the US because our politicians sell out to foreign corporations making it impossible to do so through trade deals and a lack of response to tariffs and currency manipulation. That will change soon.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
This is the reason why the War on Drugs hasn't worked and why legalization (of both light and hard drugs with the latter kind being commerciated in pharmacies so the phenomenon can be more under control and prevention be made more easily) paired with sensibilization is the way forward. At the end, Alcohol Prohibition in the 20s and 30s had only enriched organizated crime groups and the same is true of this newer kind of Prohibition

The one regarding the wall is probably a populistic remark to gain consensus. I don't think it's feasible especially given the NAFTA agreements of the 90s as well as for the reasons you have already mentioned. The border is also so large that building a wall on could be a large loss on money on something that changes little.
I agree completely.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
It shouldn't matter to Americans what non-Americans think of Trump... if you elect him, the rest of us can't save you.

I expect the GOP convention in Cleveland will have plenty of protests, maybe some scuffles. It'll be the opposite of the Democrat convention in Chicago in '68... when protestors chanted "the whole world is watching"... this time, the rest of the world will be awkwardly averting its eyes.
^^^This but especially the bold.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:38 AM

225 posts, read 216,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He's ahead of Clinton in the new polling. He has a 15 point lead in Indiana. It's over Trump 2016
A few hours ago: Trump 41%, Clinton 39% - Rasmussen Reports™

"Trump now has the support of 73% of Republicans, while 77% of Democrats back Clinton. But Trump picks up 15% of Democrats, while just eight percent (8%) of GOP voters prefer Clinton, given this matchup. Republicans are twice as likely to prefer another candidate."

It looks like cross-over support may be the deciding factor. However, this assumes a fair and democratic process which I don't take for granted in the banana republic of the US of A. As for supporter behaviour, what follows is an exercise in literacy in current affairs:

There are dozens, maybe even hundreds of other videos like this, showing anti-Trump protesters of both inclinations, destroying public property, engaging in violent acts, hurling verbal abuse. Yet the media focus is upon a handful of scuffles at Trump rallies, which, in at least in some cases, were provoked by the protesters themselves.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
A few hours ago: Trump 41%, Clinton 39% - Rasmussen Reports™

"Trump now has the support of 73% of Republicans, while 77% of Democrats back Clinton. But Trump picks up 15% of Democrats, while just eight percent (8%) of GOP voters prefer Clinton, given this matchup. Republicans are twice as likely to prefer another candidate."

It looks like cross-over support may be the deciding factor. However, this assumes a fair and democratic process which I don't take for granted in the banana republic of the US of A. As for supporter behaviour, what follows is an exercise in literacy in current affairs:

There are dozens, maybe even hundreds of other videos like this, showing anti-Trump protesters of both inclinations, destroying public property, engaging in violent acts, hurling verbal abuse. Yet the media focus is upon a handful of scuffles at Trump rallies, which, in at least in some cases, were provoked by the protesters themselves.
It's disgusting what they get away with. They should all be thrown into jail and locked up

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-03-2016 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: Removing videos from quote

Old 05-03-2016, 05:37 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times

Old 05-03-2016, 08:00 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
He stirs the pot and gets on people's nerves. I kinda like that.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Trump comes across like a real douche bag but I am actually more disturbed by some of his supporters.
Agreed and I am certainly not a supporter but on the Republican side he is a better choice than Cruz.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:01 PM

400 posts, read 422,395 times
For a guy as wealthy as Trump, I can't figure out why he always seems to wear ill-fitting suites? Overwieght guys like him should pay even more attention to tailoring than fit guys; he sort of looks shabby to me.

P.S. I doubt the grande poobahs in the business and financiall establishment will allow him to diverge too much from the policies that benefit them. My understanding is that every new administration in the US has to get Congress fo approve the nominees of all the agencies that run the executive branch. That's where the envoys of organized money will use their lobbyists and think tanks that are rife with their supporters to control a guy like Trump who might try to go rogue.

Most 'democracies' are in the pockets of the super wealthy, which seem determined to drive the middle classes into extinction. Nothing short of some sort of uprising will stop them. That's what all these bogus 'trade agreements' are all about.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
For a guy as wealthy as Trump, I can't figure out why he always seems to wear ill-fitting suites? Overwieght guys like him should pay even more attention to tailoring than fit guys; he sort of looks shabby to me.

P.S. I doubt the grande poobahs in the business and financiall establishment will allow him to diverge too much from the policies that benefit them. My understanding is that every new administration in the US has to get Congress fo approve the nominees of all the agencies that run the executive branch. That's where the envoys of organized money will use their lobbyists and think tanks that are rife with their supporters to control a guy like Trump who might try to go rogue.

Most 'democracies' are in the pockets of the super wealthy, which seem determined to drive the middle classes into extinction. Nothing short of some sort of uprising will stop them. That's what all these bogus 'trade agreements' are all about.
^^^This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World