U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 01:08 PM

1,274 posts, read 1,039,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You are the 'igonrant' one my 'friend', you continually prove so by posting rubbish after rubbish, see how everyone that ACTUALLY IS BRITISH disagrees with everything you say about Briton, yet we are supposed to believe you (who lives the other side of the world) over a local eh!!? I know EXACTLY where Britain is, I know EXACTLY what its like to live in 21st Century Britain and for your information I know Stamford Bridge INTIMATLEY, if you want a serious conversation about race relations in Britain, or a serious conversation about Londons extremely diverse population (or the other places in the UK with a very high diversity), or if you want to talk about football then I suggest you stop pretending to know things you so obviously don't know first. Tell me what do YOU think are the main differences for a black spectator between going to a Serie A game and going to the Emirates would be? I know damn sure I could tell you, but as you're the 'expert' perhaps you could 'grace us' with your knowledge first?
I would agree with him that there can be pockets of racism towards black players in some European countries, most evidently in the East. The problem is he's confusing these countries with the UK which is very hard on racism in the sport, with heavy punishments (fines, docked league points) for the team(s) involved in such behaviour. The incident on the tube platform was virtually a one-off caused by a small number of idiots and can no way be used as evidence that racism against black people is at large in London or the UK.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 01:13 PM

2,566 posts, read 1,550,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheclouds1 View Post
Return2fl or whatever has posted some pretty racist things in the past...especially towards black people. My high school in Boston wasn't very black (only 15% of the student body), but even so a lot of the popular kids were black. A good amount of the black guys were idolized in my high school. I had many black friends and I know a lot of other white students who had black friends too. There was a group of black kids who would self segregate during breaks or lunch, but even those students who chose to self-segregate were known and liked during class time. I almost felt like a lot of white students almost went out of their way to talk to the black students at parties or during PE/sports practice lol. Granted I'm in the mid 20s so I didn't go to high school in the 50s(which based off what he is trying to imply is when he went to high school lol). Granted I went to school in the US...but I'm sure if anyone expierenced going to high school in the 21st century in the UK it wouldn't be much different in this regard
Please direct me to any single post I have ever made that was racist. You are in the clouds on your accusation. I speak openly and directly about race, but that is not racism. That's really screwed up on your part.

Now go back and find it.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Here's you English lesson for the day. Read this 100 times before you ever call somebody a racist again. How disgusting of you.

Quote:
rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:46 PM

432 posts, read 410,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Here's you English lesson for the day. Read this 100 times before you ever call somebody a racist again. How disgusting of you.
You are overreacting. Calling someone racist is not "disgusting". I had a convo with you about Black Americans and violence. You said and I quote

"Now take out the black on black murders and black on black crime overall. Once you do that you'll see that you have to take more preventive action in Spain to avoid being mugged than you do about being a victim of any crime in the US. Stay out of high crime black neighborhoods and life here is great. Europe has no culture like this, but they are working hard to get there now."

To which I replied
"Whites do not do drugs at a lower rate than blacks, wtf????. I'm a white american who has many black friends and family members who have married in... and I'm not afraid to call you out. You sir have a CLEAR agenda and your views are rather racist. One reason why whites don't commit as many crimes is because whites don't live in GHETTOS that are segregated off from the rest of society. Ghettos that get no attention from the government. Ghettos where criminals rule and where gangs go into middle schools and recruit/brainwash the youth at an early age.
Let's look at African American communities that are NOT in the ghetto all with LOW crime rates:
View Park, CA- 84% black, average income of $138,000
Ladera heights, CA- 73% black, average income of $132,000
Mitchville, MD- 78% black, average income of $120,000
Fort Washington, MD- 70% black, average income of $120,000
Kettering,MD- 73% black, average income of $118,000
Hillcrest, NY- 52% black, average income of $90,000
Jefferson city, TX- 37% black, average income of $50,000 per yea
rBaldwin hills, CA- 78% black, average income of $157,00 per year

All Predominately African American communities with low crime rates. Crime has nothing to do with your race but it has EVERYTHING to do with your environment and how you are raised (single mother vs. mother and father present)."

To which you replied "Even within low income black communities, the crime tends to be concentrated. But the war zone community is almost unique to black culture in the US. There plenty of poor white and Hispanic communities in which crime is elevated, but nothing like poor black communities. Every one of them is predominately black. What is wrong? Why is the bastardy rate so high? Why is the level of violence so far out of whack with the rest of the country?"

You tried to make it all about race and myself alongside others called you out on it.
I'm white and even to me your tone and the way you singled out black people felt pretty uncomfortable. If you can actually read what you wrote and say that you don't have ANY prejudices/mixed feelings about black people then be my guest. Also PS: I never called you racist return2FL, I said you have said some pretty racist things, there is a big difference. This thread isn't about racism...it's actually about the opposite of that so I think we should just agree to disagree about your past statements and leave it at that.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:02 PM

When something is about race, it is about race. Black on black murder is a massive problem in US. Until people are willing to say that and address it, it will continue. Blaming racism or bad cops deflects the attention away from the big problem. Unlike BLM, I would love for this issue to be front and center so that things can improve.

Call me the antiriacist.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:04 PM

10,276 posts, read 8,388,169 times
Wouldn't it be NYC, by a longshot?

London is like 45% white British. It's like 60% white, using the U.S. Census definition. NYC isn't even 20% any specific ethnicity. It isn't even 30% any specific race.

And NYC Latinos are mostly racially mixed. London doesn't have many Latinos.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:37 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,079 posts, read 45,984,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Wouldn't it be NYC, by a longshot?
No, if by mixing the OP means inter-marriage or at least more social interaction between races. Blacks don't residentially segregate in London to the extent they do in NYC and the black out-marriage rate is much higher. So I'd go with London, though I don't think there's one "right" answer

Old 09-09-2016, 02:37 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,079 posts, read 45,984,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Please direct me to any single post I have ever made that was racist. You are in the clouds on your accusation. I speak openly and directly about race, but that is not racism. That's really screwed up on your part.

Now go back and find it.
What does that have to do with the thread topic?

Old 09-09-2016, 02:43 PM

9,406 posts, read 7,993,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
I would agree with him that there can be pockets of racism towards black players in some European countries, most evidently in the East. The problem is he's confusing these countries with the UK which is very hard on racism in the sport, with heavy punishments (fines, docked league points) for the team(s) involved in such behaviour. The incident on the tube platform was virtually a one-off caused by a small number of idiots and can no way be used as evidence that racism against black people is at large in London or the UK.
You seem to be somebody that knows what you are talking about!! You and Saxonwold are night and day! You must be British no?

Old 09-09-2016, 03:04 PM

1,274 posts, read 1,039,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You seem to be somebody that knows what you are talking about!! You and Saxonwold are night and day! You must be British no?
Indeed I am Easthome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World